10+ Year Old Account
    Have over 600 hours on fallout 4...can't bring myself to buy 76 due to all the terrible reviews Guess i'll wait for fallout 5...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Have over 600 hours on fallout 4...can't bring myself to buy 76 due to all the terrible reviews Guess i'll wait for fallout 5...
    If you've got a friend to paly with it's not bad at all. I can't say it was too much fun to play solo or I'd be playing it still and not Classic; but I did a load of it with my partner just leaving our camp each gaming sessions and setting out to explore the map, or starting/finishing a quest from the log, and the experience of playing a Fallout game co-op was fun enough to justify it. I'm sure some people will read that and think I set my bar too low, w/e really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I did some math, because at some point, it's always math.

Let's start with this:

From the Fallout Wiki for 4 and 76, this is the "how DR affects projectile damage" formula. I spent a couple hours with various weapons and targets, and the formula is correct (well, it needs to end with "then round up"). Not the sort of thing most people want to do in their head. But, it's something we can pick up and run with because it answers a few questions.

Anyone who's emptied their magazines into the flanks of a Scorchbeast Queen knows that high armor turns bullets into a mild irritation. Here are some of the effects:

A) The Two-Shot effect in Fallout 76, against any target with armor 20 or higher (which is by far most of them) is +5.3% damage after all the effects are settled. Without Explosive, it's really not that great.

B) By contrast, Anti Armor very quickly takes over. By the time your target hits 40 armor (so, most robots and most high-level targets) Anti Armor ends up doing +28.7% damage after all effects are taken into account. Against weaker armor, the %effect is still about the same if the damage of the weapon is roughly triple the armor, or lower. It's clearly among the strongest individual legendary effects at mid level or higher.

C) One step further, if you're using the correct typed weapon (for example, Zealots vs. Scorched) the effect is at least as good as Anti-Armor, regardless of the weapon type and target armor. Against low armor targets, the typed weapon is stronger by far. I choose to think of that in reverse: there's no point in hoarding a weapon for every target, if you have an Anti-Armor weapon you actually like, because the effect against mid/high level targets is the same, and the low level targets will die in one shot anyhow.

D) This same thing can be used to rate Rifleman and Tank Killer, which share Perception, and depending on your PER, you might have to choose. Always pick Rifleman if your sole concern is damage done. It's purely better, in most cases +28.6% for Rifleman vs. 17.7% for Tank Killer.

Yes, that +28.6% is correct. The extra 20% also raises the damage coefficient, double dipping.

10+ Year Old Account
    The community is well on its way to getting all possible rewards for killing Scorchbeasts.

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/events

473k/500k and there's about 48 hours left. Do your part, kill a couple, and bring back Meat Week for a full second helping. I want that Tato Salad recipe!

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/09/...-mold-exposure

Power armour helmets recalled due to highly toxic mold. This game is cursed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/09/...-mold-exposure

Power armour helmets recalled due to highly toxic mold. This game is cursed.
    Todd please.

bros... don't make me wait 20 years for ES:6 for it to just wind up a shitty multiplayer game...

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

bros... don't make me wait 20 years for ES:6 for it to just wind up a shitty multiplayer game...
    Its going to be a shitty games as a service game years too late as the mainstream consumer is finally getting sick of them by the looks of things -probably due to anthem, 76 and the upcoming trainwreck of ghost recon breakout- and either its outdated on release or mid development the fad goes the way the hero shooter boom did when battle royales exploded and they desperately try to change it late in development. Either way expect a 76 style mess the same way you should expect dragon age 4 to be at best a slightly better anthem. GaaS has made western AAA its own worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its going to be a shitty games as a service game years too late as the mainstream consumer is finally getting sick of them by the looks of things -probably due to anthem, 76 and the upcoming trainwreck of ghost recon breakout- and either its outdated on release or mid development the fad goes the way the hero shooter boom did when battle royales exploded and they desperately try to change it late in development. Either way expect a 76 style mess the same way you should expect dragon age 4 to be at best a slightly better anthem. GaaS has made western AAA its own worst enemy.
    this is why i have megalomaniacal fantasies about what i'd do to investors and CEOs if i had power.

all they had to do was make good games. it was that simple. make good game --> make money --> make more good game --> repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's surreal how out of touch with things Bethe$da is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It's surreal how out of touch with things Bethe$da is.
    Pretty sure they don't believe that shit. They just had to find a way to spin it so they look like good guys and not greedy dicks.

Just don't get it if you don't want it lulz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post

Just don't get it if you don't want it lulz
    I mean, technically he has a point. I'm too lazy to go back and look, but did they ever say that they would ALWAYS be cosmetic items? Or NEVER be utility items? I don't think they did. They never made a promise one way or the other. They never advertised that it would never change. Meaning what Pete Hines is saying, and I'm gonna go barf after agreeing with this, is valid. They started out as cosmetic only. True. But Bethe$da decided they needed more money, so now they sell items that have an actual function. "The plan had to evolve" probably to recoup some of the money from 76 being a massive failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game was DOA, then it got a glimmer of hope and almost a year later, its values (if Bethesda has any) are being gutted.

Please hand over the Fallout IP to Obsidian so they can make a proper game and let them keep 100% of the profits.

I mean does them going back on their word really do anything beyond further underline how much they fucked up with 76?

This is little more then broadcasting that i dont need to bother paying attention to Bethsda games
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2019-10-19 at 06:16 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So still no mods or private Seaver’s but there expanding there shop, and pretending there listening to the community.

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I mean, technically he has a point. I'm too lazy to go back and look, but did they ever say that they would ALWAYS be cosmetic items? Or NEVER be utility items? I don't think they did. They never made a promise one way or the other. They never advertised that it would never change. Meaning what Pete Hines is saying, and I'm gonna go barf after agreeing with this, is valid. They started out as cosmetic only. True. But Bethe$da decided they needed more money, so now they sell items that have an actual function. "The plan had to evolve" probably to recoup some of the money from 76 being a massive failure.
    Please, don't be disingenuous. Not including 'always' or 'pinky promise' is not an excuse. They went back on their word.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2019-10-19 at 09:15 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh, this is gonna be fun. The forums and youtube are gonna be up in arms for a long time now.

Shame.Shame.Shame

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow.

I guess the worst part of this, is people will actually buy that.