Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral MrSaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,195

    Kul'Tiran Shaman

    Is there any chance for this to work. I just vaguely remember those water towers in Warcraft 3, and hints of hydromancy. Could there be any resto shammies communing with water and the elements on Kul'Tiras, or is it all just Jaina/Dalaran style bending elements to their will with arcane?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

    Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Is there any chance for this to work. I just vaguely remember those water towers in Warcraft 3, and hints of hydromancy. Could there be any resto shammies communing with water and the elements on Kul'Tiras, or is it all just Jaina/Dalaran style bending elements to their will with arcane?
    I actually feel like it’s more fitting then Kul’Tiran druids.

  3. #3
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    23,439
    The Tidesages definitely feel Shamanistic to me, although I think they are functionally Mages or Priests - they have command over the seas but can extend to that "all of the elements," they can summon/control elementals, and generally approach their reverence for the sea much the way Shaman do the elements. The Tidesages also appear to worship the Tidemother, which is either a powerful Elemental noble or possibly an aquatic Wild God.
    "I remember what I told you, but I can't remember why. The moon is turning red and bleeding through the sky. Absolution, redemption, salvation at the end - when justice is served don't expect me to attend." - Trust Obey, "Raymond Chandler Evening"

  4. #4
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    23,120
    Hydromancer=frost mage.

  5. #5
    They would be shamans. Imagine spellcaste who uses water and storm magic to win a naval battle.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  6. #6
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Hydromancer=frost mage.
    Hydro = water, so it is better fitting for resto shamans.
    Someone who use frost magic is a cryomancer.

    Even though a frost mage is like a mix between the two due to the water elemental they use.

  7. #7
    Deleted
    Realistically, both the Zandalari and Kul Tirans should be all classes except heroic ones (Death Knight, Demon Hunter). Kul Tirans could even be DKs without too much lorelol, but we know Blizzard is not going to do that.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Realistically, both the Zandalari and Kul Tirans should be all classes except heroic ones (Death Knight, Demon Hunter). Kul Tirans could even be DKs without too much lorelol, but we know Blizzard is not going to do that.
    I would actully agree with this.

  9. #9
    Kul Tiran can't be paladins because they have different mindset and worship sea instead of light.

  10. #10
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    23,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Vent View Post
    Hydro = water, so it is better fitting for resto shamans.
    Someone who use frost magic is a cryomancer.

    Even though a frost mage is like a mix between the two due to the water elemental they use.
    What's water made out of again?

  11. #11
    Legendary! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What's water made out of again?
    If you ask DW on Arthur, h2O stands for hose + oxygen. Air + hose makes water!

  12. #12
    Pandaren Monk Hugnomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,804
    They do have totems...

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    I actually feel like it’s more fitting then Kul’Tiran druids.
    I agree. Kul Tiran shamans seem to be a better thematic fit with the Tidesages and the centrality of the sea and storms to their religion. The druids feel tacked on to counter the Zandalari getting unique druid forms.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Realistically, both the Zandalari and Kul Tirans should be all classes except heroic ones (Death Knight, Demon Hunter). Kul Tirans could even be DKs without too much lorelol, but we know Blizzard is not going to do that.
    Also, Zandalari demoniacs are demon hunters.

    - - - Updated - - -

    They should give us Kul'tiran shamans and Zandalari paladins.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    They do have totems...
    This leads me to believe they will have shamans...

  16. #16
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    23,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    This leads me to believe they will have shamans...
    Not insofar as we've seen. Those objects are actually stationary censers in which the Tidesages seem to store watery magical essence, like ritual batteries of a sort. I do agree that that they have a lot in common with shaman, though.
    "I remember what I told you, but I can't remember why. The moon is turning red and bleeding through the sky. Absolution, redemption, salvation at the end - when justice is served don't expect me to attend." - Trust Obey, "Raymond Chandler Evening"

  17. #17
    Titan Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Center of the Universe
    Posts
    13,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Hydromancer=frost mage.
    no, that's a cryomancer.

    a hydromancer is a shaman.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not insofar as we've seen. Those objects are actually stationary censers in which the Tidesages seem to store watery magical essence, like ritual batteries of a sort. I do agree that that they have a lot in common with shaman, though.
    They had more simplified model before (just iron anchor) and then were replaced with this new model. I say KT shamans are confirmed at this point.

  19. #19
    Since TBC, i still wish to see shaman class not be gimped down (so they would be only useful as healers);dreaming about ench shammy with 2hander ... not these pathetic dual weild noodle.
    Balance around shamans always feels weird , couz main races that most ppl plays cant be shamans (Belfs,Humans),so shaman class all the time left to outcast (dwarf female,weed trolls,cows who failed to pick pally or warrior) so i hope if Zandalari and K.humans would be shamans Blizzard will OPEN eyes and make them little bit competitive.
    God they even went so far as removed "Gust of wind" devil knows why (my favorite skill of shaman in LEGION).
    Now shaman ONLY class in game who has only 2 defensive cooldowns, compered to others 4-8 per class =freaking shame.
    I want these classes in new x-pac :Necromancer,Runemaster,Warden,BladeMaster,DarkRanger,Alchemist,Lich,Tinker,SpiritWalker
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Necromancer and Dark Ranger are rip offs of already existing classes
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Not true at all, people with this view have no imagination.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    no, that's a cryomancer.

    a hydromancer is a shaman.
    In the warcraft world, hydromancers are indeed mages. Heck, frost mages even use WATER elementals, and finally the hydromancer unit in WC3 uses the Rogue Wizard skin of the Archmage and uses Crushing Wave, Slow and Polymorph

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •