Wraith Walk Glyphs removed

Hi, since this change isn't listed on the frontpage I thought I'd leave this here:

• REMOVED Glyph of the Blood Wraith While in Wraith Walk you have a bloodier appearance.
    • REMOVED Glyph of the Unholy Wraith While in Wraith Walk you have an unholy appearance.
    • REMOVED Glyph of the Wraith Walker While in Wraith Walk you, well, walk.
    Source: http://www.wowhead.com/news=284696/

Also, to OT my own thread: can anyone confirm whether or not Ghoulish Monstrosity (new PvP talent) is currently working? I have tried it in the Beta and my Ghouls behave normally.

Well that fucking sucks

Yea cuz they made wraith walk into a talent instead of base ability.

Same thing happened to Shaman's glyph of Ascendance. Yay added in HFC patch, enjoyed it for 1 patch then Legion deleted it. FFS.

At least they fixed wraith walk not being able to walk upstairs, but the hover animation still makes you too tall to pass through some doors if you happen to play a tall race.

Deleted
    Even it being a talent they shouldn't remove cosmetic glyphs like that. Who the fuck does it bother what colour our WW is? Why is that a problem to the devs other than doing it delibrately? all it does is add spec flavour, why remove it? Lately these changes are retarded as hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nastje View Post
    Even it being a talent they shouldn't remove cosmetic glyphs like that. Who the fuck does it bother what colour our WW is? Why is that a problem to the devs other than doing it delibrately? all it does is add spec flavour, why remove it? Lately these changes are retarded as hell.
    so that they can sell it to you in a lootbox or as a cosmetic item from the shop.

or as of current wow.. make a really cool grinding questing chain for it so that you feel acomplished for unlocking the new look of your WW
    Last edited by mmoc1e65e16b4e; 2018-06-01 at 04:36 AM.

Its just a problem with the Glyph system in general across the whole game.
    They only affect baseline spells.

There are no Glyphs that affect talents, and the way Glyphs slot into the spellbook probably prevents them from affecting talents.
    So unless they rework the whole Glyph system again.... theres no way for Glyphs such as these to exist in the world where Wraithwalk is a Talented additional movement option.

p.s All Hail the Glorious Return of Death's Advance!

they need to make wraith walk WALK like it does with the special glyph because getting stuck on terrain isn't fun, we already get left behind in raid settings, now i gotta worry about clipping on stupid ass designed floors

Quote Originally Posted by ombramo View Post
    they need to make wraith walk WALK like it does with the special glyph because getting stuck on terrain isn't fun, we already get left behind in raid settings, now i gotta worry about clipping on stupid ass designed floors
    As Marrilaife mentioned Blizzard did fix this when they reworked how Levitate works (change is already life). I was worried about that too, since I used the Wraith Walker Glyph from the beginning but trying it on Beta without I didn't get stuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    because you cant glyph talents

to be fair they all suck including the baseline wraith walk, give us some smooth hover animation instead like void form
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

You can't glyph talents. At least it appears you don't get stuck anymore on every little corner in beta without the glyph.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post

to be fair they all suck including the baseline wraith walk, give us some smooth hover animation instead like void form
    Animation wise when I think about wraiths and them "walking" I think more of something like the albino twin brothers from matrix, phasing out of existence, slightly hovering and then doing a swooping charge. The animations for the thing were always horrible imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    Its just a problem with the Glyph system in general across the whole game.
    They only affect baseline spells.

There are no Glyphs that affect talents, and the way Glyphs slot into the spellbook probably prevents them from affecting talents.
    Probably... Something like "every time you swap a talent in that row you lose the glyph", or some bad programming like that.

I still remember when priests had no shadowform and glyph of shadowform was applied to void form instead, then they put shadowform back in during some patch and I lost the glyph and had to reapply it, this time back to shadowform. The whole system how glyphs work is super clunky, can't count how many times someone asked on trade during legion "how do I see which glyphs I have applied?" "how can I find which glyphs exist and I haven't used?" "how do I remove a glyph?" it's very noob-unfriendly atm. And all that for what, so they can save 1 tab of ui space?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    And all that for what, so they can save 1 tab of ui space?
    While the solution is dodgy, it was for many an improvement, because now you can glyph as many spells as you want, before you were limited to 3.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-06-01 at 09:27 PM.

They could rework the tab so it doesn't have limited slots, just enable / disable option and exclusive with each other glyphs still blocking one another. It's quite annoying you have to buy 3 copies of a glyph to use it on all specs, especially with abilities that exist on all specs, like wraith walk "walking" glyph, paladin horse (if you're tauren / draenei / lightforged draenei this is a must to not get you stuck in doors like maw of souls before habaron), druid travel form, dh glide wings recolour etc.

The way it is currently it is a better source of income for the poor scribes though :>

Deleted
    I'm still salty about old glyph page removal. It was easy to use and I knew exactly what I have. Now I have to hover over each ability to know what's glyphed. FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Luxliev View Post
    I'm still salty about old glyph page removal. It was easy to use and I knew exactly what I have. Now I have to hover over each ability to know what's glyphed. FFS

I actually liked the old system also it was much better. It should have a UI rather than just a click to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    The way it is currently it is a better source of income for the poor scribes though :>
    Yeah someone in the profession design team must love inscription. Make glyphs one use! And add respec tomes! And vantus runes! And now the reputation contracts that are already predicted to be necessary to target the rep you need stuff from...

On the other hand they must hate jewelcrafting, because since MOP it only went downhill.

The class necklaces were the worst part, because not only you needed to roll decent random secondaries, but also ones to match the class. Warrior neck with crit? Disenchant / obliterate. I had a friend who spent half a million on pandemonites to get a high mastery warrior neck during tomb, and he didn't manage to roll it. If it wasn't class specific, at least some other class could prefer the stats you didn't favour.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-06-04 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post

That's the problem with taste, you think those suck and I think hover animations look lame, so more options and not less so we all can be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    That's the problem with taste, you think those suck and I think hover animations look lame, so more options and not less so we all can be happy.
    except that talents still cant be glyphed so doesnt matter
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Would be nice if you could pick the color, or at the very least the color of the talent changes depending on which spec you are in.