Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Where should I go on holiday when I retire?

I want to do something really different... like a private jet trip somewhere or a long cruise. I know all the typical places, but feel like something really special is hiding somewhere :P Who's got some ideas?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baller4life View Post
    I want to do something really different... like a private jet trip somewhere or a long cruise. I know all the typical places, but feel like something really special is hiding somewhere :P Who's got some ideas?
    Belgrade, MN. Get to see the worlds largest crow, and within a short drive to see the worlds largest ball of twine.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Enjoy your retired holidays with a small village.

I would suggest you go live in the south of France, that or on a small mountain top city in a country of your choice. That's what I am planning. Good luck.

Sri Lanka is meant to be decent, never really anyone suggest it though.

5+ Year Old Account
    If you are looking for spending your holiday after retirement, take a tour of the world with the international travel packages dealer who arranges your tour at the affordable price. Here they include all kind of places.

Greece ofc! However, in my opinion Halkidiki deserves at least 4 days. I think you have to take a break and consider a bit how you envision this trip. Are there any specific sights or activities that you really dream about and don't want to miss? What kind of traveler are you? Too fast paced or wanting to take it slower? A museum type of person, a country side or city person? For example me I could easily spend a whole week in Athens, for others two days are enough. Different folks different strokes, I wouldn't call anyone crazy for having different choices than myself. And also I used Hellenic Taxi https://hellenictaxi.com/ for my vacation. I was very pleased with their service. If we were going back to Greece, we would use them again.
    Last edited by duke dumont; 2018-12-16 at 03:15 PM.

Go to spain mallorca or greece or israel or new mexico.

Spain! Flight is not too expensive and beaches are beautiful

I've always wanted to see the Gates of Hell in Turkmenistan!

I think it looks amazing, but then again, I'm super weird.

Bali, you'll live like a king for a very affordable price. Maybe stay away from the Volcanoes.

Lastly, avoid the water. Buy it from a bottle or you'll end up very sick

After you retire, I imagine holidays becomes like work, where you actually want to do be doing something, making an impact, etc. Funny how life works!

Skegness - fantastic place!

1) Japan
    2) Japan
    3) Japan

</thread>

Visiting Asian countries like pakistan or going to turkey is a best option and also there have been many false rumors about pakistan that it is a terrorist country but believe there is nothing like that, you can check youtube for people who visited pakistan. If you plan to visit pakistan do visit sawat and hunza valley, i believe it is more beautiful than switzerland.

Florida has a nice, warm weather and property cost are somewhat low.

Ecuador is the best retirement destinations for US citizen. Cheap, safe, dollar currency with directly flights to the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CodingNewbie View Post
    1) Japan
    2) Japan
    3) Japan

</thread>
    Isn't it expensive?