Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Do you choose your race based on passives for raiding?

I don't and have no done this but many people in my mythic team do this.

i.e I run an Undead Warlock and the other two are Trolls

Do you base it around passives? or pick what you like?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pick what I want to pick unless a racial is completely overpowered and that hasn't been the case for awhile now.

Not really, but I make sure not to pick useless races for the class, like nightborne warrior.

I'm gonna sum up this thread rq:

some people do, some people don't.

Purely for what looks better for the class fantasy i have.
    racials dont matter at all for me.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

In the past I have (most of my toons are trolls, gee wonder why?). Current no I don't race change my toons for racials. Was planning on race changing my Monk to Nightborn because I like the animations but the racials offer 0 benefit to WW so why would I pay money to be worse?

Wish they would just delete racials at this point or let you choose which ones you want.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2018-06-01 at 10:23 PM.

Looks are all that matters.

Deleted
    I pick it with a combo of what the race looks like but also racials. I mean 7 of my 12 max level alliance charcters are Humans, First of all armor look looks good and great racials for casual stuff which i do

racials are stupid, i pick whatever looks best in transmog.

My options other than Orc were a Cow and some blue monstrosity with weird feet when I started.. All that's been added since is a diseased Gnome and a garden critter. Whilst Orc happens to have a very good DPS racial, it wasn't why I picked Orc, it was simply the least ugly.
    RIP ArenaJunkies

Never have, never will.

But then again, I don't care for Mythic, so that gives me very little incentive to min/max something like racials.

I did when I raided seriously in TBC and Wrath. Also profession changed based on what was best. Now, I’m so casual that there is no point in min/maxing.

Nope, I actually choose my race 13 years ago because female Undead had the coolest casting animation. And still do!

Couldn't care less tbh although it's really funny to sometimes look up these people who take it seriously and have like 40th percentile parses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mix between good looks and good racials. For Alliance it's Human.

7+ Year Old Account
    all about appearance for me.

I pick what I like (which mostly ends with orcs), even if I don't play on an RP server I still give my characters a backstory. Hell, sometimes I even choose proffesions based on rp, giving my Forsaken alchemy = apothecarian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Nope, appearance above all.

Otherwise all my characters would be Human for that rep buff.

Deleted
    I never never gave it much of a mind, however with the prunes, they removed and watered down so many things, that the racial abilities are getting more impactful by comparison. It just matters if they look really alike to me, though. inb4 Racial ability pruning because everything got watered down to the point of them being the biggest outliers.

As a Nightborne mage, I leveled up a bit, and the racial felt very underwhelming. 50% mass slow that breaks CC, eh...! I kept thinking how fun this would be if I had Shadowmeld, though. I deleted it and made Night Elf mage instead.