Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I dont really get the love for demo. It is not bad, but still pretty boring. You are a stationary turret, pumping out demons - and your rotation doesnt really change a lot whether you have a single target fight, cleave, or AOE. Combined with only a few instant spells and not much movement, this spec is... meh for me.

I do get the idea of an almighty puppetmaster that shoots demons left and right, but mechanically, this isnt for me. In Legion, i played only Affliction and i really adored this spec - which now is only a shadow of its former self

I've played 4 betas and there's been a consistent pattern...

A couple of classes get the reputation of being over powered... and the calls begin for the nerf bat. Usually just before or just after launch it arrives.... and the fotm becomes the class that flew under that radar and was in 2nd or 3rd place before the nerf bat did its thing.

I think this time might be different. There are fewer calls to nerf demo - just an expectation. And I think it deserves a spot as fotm for the first few months of BfA - given how bad it was for lots of legion.

WW monk is also very good...though it has less survivability and utility than it did. Its also been very good in the final tier of legion - so maybe a nerf in this case is to be expected (though I hope not ).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by irdsyd View Post
    I think this time might be different. There are fewer calls to nerf demo - just an expectation. And I think it deserves a spot as fotm for the first few months of BfA - given how bad it was for lots of legion.
    All you have to do is look at the BFA Affliction thread to see why Demo is flying a bit under the radar in terms of the greater community (the people playing it certainly knew it was going to be tuned). Affliction was incredibly good at the end of Legion. Pair that with the fact relatively few people have beta, and you'll understand why Affliction is still serving as the nerf lightning rod for Warlock even now. Unless they're in the beta and/or active on these forums/class discords/etc, no one suspects Demo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    All you have to do is look at the BFA Affliction thread to see why Demo is flying a bit under the radar in terms of the greater community (the people playing it certainly knew it was going to be tuned). Affliction was incredibly good at the end of Legion. Pair that with the fact relatively few people have beta, and you'll understand why Affliction is still serving as the nerf lightning rod for Warlock even now. Unless they're in the beta and/or active on these forums/class discords/etc, no one suspects Demo.
    End of Legion? All 3 tier raids (Nighthold, TOS and Antorus) were dominated by affliction. Only the starter raids had other classes (shadow in EN).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    End of Legion? All 3 tier raids (Nighthold, TOS and Antorus) were dominated by affliction. Only the starter raids had other classes (shadow in EN).
    You entirely missed my point. I specifically referenced the end of Legion (re: now) because that is what is at the forefront of peoples' minds in terms of specs that are overperforming and that "need" nerfed. The point is that Affliction is not overperforming in beta, and yet it's still the one with the external spotlight and calls to nerf because of its present state "at the end of Legion".

they didnt done balancing the numbers, for all i know we might get overnerfed just a few weeks before BFA. it happened before.. so...
    BETA CLUB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    they didnt done balancing the numbers, for all i know we might get overnerfed just a few weeks before BFA. it happened before.. so...
    Demo got dookie'd on pretty hard in this current build tbh but something also feels off since Voidwalker does more damage than Felguard on beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf voidwalker damage!

Rip Tyrant Extended durations.

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Qhos View Post
    Demo got dookie'd on pretty hard in this current build tbh but something also feels off since Voidwalker does more damage than Felguard on beta.
    Not pointed this out somewhere (Discord? Don't rightly remember). They stealth-nerfed the Felguard (and dreadstalkers and vilefiend) in a way that doesn't seem entirely intended. They nerfed his damage across the board to use only 35% of the attack power coefficient.

This places the Felguard as the weakest pet, as the others are unaffected. This is very clearly not intended, as having the spec-specific pet as the clearly weakest choice doesn't make much sense. My guess is they wanted to nerf the spec across the board (as it was OP), but just didn't really figure out how to yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Rip Tyrant Extended durations.
    I'm not sure what's going on with the Demonic Tyrant, I'm guessing they made a mistake there. I don't see why they would remove the specific mechanic it has, as each spec has a cooldown demon that interacts with the spec in a specific way. Perhaps they wanted to reduce the duration increase, or change it to something more akin to DE from Legion to differentiate it from Aff.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Not pointed this out somewhere (Discord? Don't rightly remember). They stealth-nerfed the Felguard (and dreadstalkers and vilefiend) in a way that doesn't seem entirely intended. They nerfed his damage across the board to use only 35% of the attack power coefficient..
    Considering this was posted recently then you're probably on the right track.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...60699684147200

Deleted
    They haven't done the numbers tuning so yeah .. warlocks will probably end up to the bottom or middle at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Void is the new big bad so of course voidwalker should be more powerful than the fel-associated demons (felguard, imp, etc). Working as intended.

It will follow the same path that Windwalker did for Legion. At the start of the expansion it was ridiculously OP, I was gathering a ton of mobs and destroying them with artifact weapon, then it got nerfed into the ground and no one played it. Now at the end of the expansion it is back to being stupidly OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Not pointed this out somewhere (Discord? Don't rightly remember). They stealth-nerfed the Felguard (and dreadstalkers and vilefiend) in a way that doesn't seem entirely intended. They nerfed his damage across the board to use only 35% of the attack power coefficient.

This places the Felguard as the weakest pet, as the others are unaffected. This is very clearly not intended, as having the spec-specific pet as the clearly weakest choice doesn't make much sense. My guess is they wanted to nerf the spec across the board (as it was OP), but just didn't really figure out how to yet.
    Thanks for letting me know! It felt far too weak after the recent.."adjustments".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    They haven't done the numbers tuning so yeah .. warlocks will probably end up to the bottom or middle at best.
    I understand your pessimism but let's just wait and see this time, a LOT of people will be playing demo in BfA simply because it is a whole lotta fun so i don't think they'll release the specc in a horrible place where it can't compete with the multi-dot one.

I'm toying with the idea of switching to my lock and it's because demo seems fun. Numbers are irrelevant here. I'm giving up the main I've had since vanilla because of playstyle issues, so I'm looking for something that gives me enjoyment. My guild isn't cutting edge, once I figure out a spec I'll be contributing in a solid manner regardless, so it's all about the fun for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    People getting either hyped or pissy over damage at this early are out of their minds.
    Ah the old it's only alpha, that turns into it's only beta don't panic guys, which in turn becomes still a week to go and we're due a balancing pass to ok so it went live but they'll fix it soon and finally we can't expect them to tweak the numbers until after the first raid

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Ah the old it's only alpha, that turns into it's only beta don't panic guys, which in turn becomes still a week to go and we're due a balancing pass to ok so it went live but they'll fix it soon and finally we can't expect them to tweak the numbers until after the first raid
    Aff's been OP all tier there's no way they'll leave it like that.

Aff's been OP for 2 raids now there's no way they'll leave it like that.

Oh.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Weren't Locks already FOTM? Or does BFA overhaul them pretty much to be a new class entirely?

Their DPS was insane at one point. Could've sworn they were already there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Demonology is amazing on Beta, why didn't I try this earlier.. Commanding an army of demons is pretty much fun, but yes I didn't play this on live (only Affli).

Numbers might be a "bit" off though. I was fighting a rare last night. I just popped my cooldowns and the mob just vanished into thin air in couple of seconds. Like *poof* and it was gone. Sure it was a weaker rare meant for soloing but at this state I'm absolutely certain that Demonology can solo 3-man Quest "rares" as easily.

I can't wait them getting nerfed to the ground though..
    Already happened. Every class can absolutely annihilate those rares by the way, they don't even fight back.