Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Get a life guys. Yrel is perfectly fine. If u want true retri paladin then go play WoW.
    First, she is better than Maraad, because she's still alive.
    Second, she is probably the only significant female draenei. If you replace her with Maraad, you won't get female draenei in future (or u will get random noname character). And you still have targets for male draenei - Akama or Velen.
    Third, there is 20 warriors for now and only 2 are female (Sonya and D.Va).

About her kit, it seems fine but her ultimates looks a little underwhelming. Ardent defender is just a little better Medivh's barrier with 10 times longer cd. Sacred Ground is somehow mix between Tyrael's and Chromie's ults. It's probably good in defending objectives and sometimes in tfs. Seraphim is just Johanna' s trait (half of the cd and duration), it helps against heavy disruption team, but comes too late. Until 20 you would be raped hard. Bubble Hearth should be called Righteous Retreat.

Pros: She's a draenei, her model looks great and her kit seems super fun. And also salty tears of those who wanted Maraad or Tirion.
    Cons: Seems to be hard countered by stuns and her 2nd ult is kind of underwhelming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    Get a life guys. Yrel is perfectly fine. If u want true retri paladin then go play WoW.
    Second, she is probably the only significant female draenei. If you replace her with Maraad, you won't get female draenei in future (or u will get random noname character). And you still have targets for male draenei - Akama or Velen.

About her kit, it seems fine but her ultimates looks a little underwhelming. Ardent defender is just a little better Medivh's barrier with 10 times longer cd. Sacred Ground is somehow mix between Tyrael's and Chromie's ults. It's probably good in defending objectives and sometimes in tfs. Seraphim is just Johanna' s trait (half of the cd and duration), it helps against heavy disruption team, but comes too late. Until 20 you would be raped hard. Bubble Hearth should be called Righteous Retreat.
    It dosen't matter who live or who is dead actually. It's mentioned many times that Nexus brings both dead or alive heroes to the realm. Quick example you got with Cho'Gal or Ragnaros, who both are dead in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Pros: She's a draenei, her model looks great and her kit seems super fun. And also salty tears of those who wanted Maraad or Tirion.
    Cons: Seems to be hard countered by stuns and her 2nd ult is kind of underwhelming.
    Actually her HOTS model is far more better, than WoW one. Well even Sylvanas or Kael'Thas got better models in HOTS, than WoW counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    It dosen't matter who live or who is dead actually. It's mentioned many times that Nexus brings both dead or alive heroes to the realm. Quick example you got with Cho'Gal or Ragnaros, who both are dead in WoW.
    Yes, but if u have 2 similar characters to fill the same role, it's better to choose alive one (or that one who died later); Cho'Gal and Ragnaros are so unique and don't have competition. Also you have 2 more points in favour of Yrel.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifGM_2-YSrw
    Alarak somehow still manages to have the best response quote, even without actually saying anything at all.

Okay, so I like Yrel herself fine enough as a character, and I'm glad the Nexus is getting it's first draenei, but I really hate that her mere existence is a constant reminder of the expanion pack-sized plot hole that is Warlords of Draenor. Also, I will admit that I would have rather had Tirion as our Retribution Paladin representative...but I suppose there's still a chance he could show up further down the line.

All that said, I do like the mechanics of her charging abilities (even if they make her a big target against CC-heavy teams) and really dig their spell effects, where they go from draenei purple to Light yellow when fully charged. I also tend to like more bruiser-style warriors in general, so she's definitely up my alley gameplay-wise.

By the way, I keep saying people saying that she's getting some kind of huge personality change in Battle for Azeroth. What's that all about? I skimmed the BFA and Lore sub-threads, but couldn't seem to find anyone talking about it in either place....
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    By the way, I keep saying people saying that she's getting some kind of huge personality change in Battle for Azeroth. What's that all about? I skimmed the BFA and Lore sub-threads, but couldn't seem to find anyone talking about it in either place....
    The whole reason why AU Mag'har Orcs join Horde in BfA is that Yrel goes bananas and tries to convert all Draenei and Orcs to light by force because Naaru said so.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    The whole reason why AU Mag'har Orcs join Horde in BfA is that Yrel goes bananas and tries to convert all Draenei and Orcs to light by force because Naaru said so.
    tldr becomes Holy Hitler from outer space.

She looked kinda clunky in her spotlight video but she looked really fun in the showmatch. She looked really stong aswell but she did have a Malf backing her up, though.

I think the charge mechanic on her abilities seems to be misunderstood by Blizzard and she'll be quite underpowered on release. Her ults seem to be very mixed power-wise, the aura should be group wide with a lower % for allies.

Changes to make for me is that the ether the charging is faster, the slow isn't there when you do it, or the baseline ability is better.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2018-06-05 at 02:07 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    She looked really stong aswell but she did have a Malf backing her up, though.
    She is straight up broken. She has a fuck ton of armor, self-healing, mobility and better self-cast Divine Shield, even her damage doesn't seem that bad.

I mean, in the showmatch you could see her jumping in, getting taunted by Garrosh while rest of the Horde team laid all the damage upon her, the she casually eats Junkrat's tire, pops up ult to heal back and jump out. I mean, no one should be able to survive that on their own.

And we are talking about showmatch by the developers where pretty much everybody played against her for months so it is not like nobody had an idea what to expect. If she won't be banned, better take that Muradin with Skullcraker and sit on her entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I see. Well, at least she'll forever maintain a friendlier, more lighthearted, and slightly less zealous personality in the Nexus. Unless they go the Jaina route and introduce her BFA incarnation as a skin at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Pataco View Post
    tldr becomes Holy Hitler from outer space.
    I keep seeing people call her "Space Hitler", and I think most aren't being completely serious with the comparison, but the analogy would only work if she was trying to conquer all of Draenor for conquest's sake, believed the draenei to be a superior race, and wanted to genocide the orcs simply for being orcs. She's more a Space Inquisitor, or an even more zealous Space Crusader, since the draenei already are basically Space Crusaders.

Now, calling Garrosh Orc Hitler worked because, at least by the time of Mists of Panderia, he did believe the orcs were a superior race and wanted to destroy the Alliance simply because they existed. And because he thought that's what Daddy Hellscream would have wanted.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Her model looks kinda shite to be honest... she looks like a little girl not like adult draenei who are supposed to be tall as fuck...

Deleted
    Played her quite a bit on ptr. Given im no pro, but she feels very unimpactful. They made her a mix between Sonja and Johanna. Without the waveclear Sonja brings and the instant impact Johanna brings. She won't be able to properly sololane cause her waveclear is lackluster. And she can't properly maintank cause she got no direct impact.

As dunktrain said, a tank need to be frontloaded. If you hit your cds you need to create a kill. Yrel is not, she got an telegraphed engage with E-D-W, you can't D-E cause any decent opponent just gonna interrupt your W.

Don't get me wrong, she is fun as hell to play. But she doesn't bring anything that makes her special. She is a bad version of Sonja in the offlane, and she can't maintank cause she can't protect her backline properly.

They need to buff her waveclear if they want her to be a bruiser, or frontload her if they want her to be a tank

Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    Johanna, Zayra? Plus Stitches is obviously female. Look at those boobies. :P

Anyway, I think she is ok. I just wish, she would have had more story after WoD, a MU counterpart... and wouldn't just appear in a side stroy of Mag'har Orcs, noone gives a fuck after level 5.
    And since she is a tank, we still can get the Ashbringer as an Assassine, which would be imho far more fitting for Tirion or Alexandros.

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad they finally added a Draenei to the game, been needing one for a very long time. Her kit is very interesting and not what I was expecting for her, can't wait to see how she fits into the meta.
    Her kit is very good for crowd control and survivability but she seems very weak to CC especially stuns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    She looks fun but why not Marrad?
    Because Yrel is relevant in BfA.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2018-06-05 at 10:41 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Johanna, Zayra? Plus Stitches is obviously female. Look at those boobies. :P

Anyway, I think she is ok. I just wish, she would have had more story after WoD, a MU counterpart... and wouldn't just appear in a side stroy of Mag'har Orcs, noone gives a fuck after level 5.
    And since she is a tank, we still can get the Ashbringer as an Assassine, which would be imho far more fitting for Tirion or Alexandros.
    Right, my bad, still 4 out of 20. And why ppl want more "For the Light" characters? You have 2 paladins, 2 angels (maybe Imperius and Anduin/Velen in the future). I want more badass characters, dark powers, demons! Gimmie Mannoroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    WoW classes aren't firmly indicative of a hero's kit, especially when it comes to major lore characters. They often don't adhere to a particular spec, or even class, even in WoW. Examples:

Rehgar is a fighter. In lore, he's a front-line scrappy gladiator, possibly Enhancement, but in HotS he has a Resto kit.
    Thrall is a master of the elements, possibly the most powerful Elemental shaman Azeroth has ever known, but his HotS kit includes a mix of Ele and Enhance
    Gul'dan has iconic abilities from both Affliction and Destruction
    Malfurion blends Resto and Balance
    Tyrande is technically a Priest(ess), but she's always been depicted as a skilled archer
    Valeera borrows iconic rogue moves from both Assass and Sub
    Arthas has mixtures of all three DK specs
    Uther has friggin DIVINE STORM for Christ's sake.
    Thrall, IN GAME, has always been a heavy melee fighter who threw out lightning bolts in battle. In lore and in story, he's always fighting in the front with Doomhammer, and supplementing his attacks with lightning bolts. Once Cata came he started using the elements more, but even THEN he still did most of his actual fighting with Doomhammer in melee...basically, just like he is in HotS. Malfurion is basically resto, with Moonfire. For a long time, resto had Moonfire as well. And the characters like Gul'dan and Valeera are representing a specific class, not a specific spec. Y'rel is literally stated by the devs to be a ret paladin, yet has NOTHING representing ret paladins in her kit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh Yrel will be not broken op as people fear it, because anyone with good CC's can deal with her.

Got Fenix? Slow with Q her. Yada yada, the moral is... She will die painfully...

15+ Year Old Account
    Played Yrel, honestly wasn't fun. Didn't feel like she did any damage. 'Ret' Paladin, haha!

And he abilities aren't even aptly named. And like no talents to help her Vindication ability.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose