Why can't we have BG's like this? Alterec Valley coming to Hots

So, Alterec Pass was just announced as the newest map in Heroes of the Storm and it's basically a full-on Alterec Valley Wow Fantasy dream come true, mixed with the awesomeness of Mobas.

I have personally wondered for a long time why we don't have 5v5 BG's in Wow that functions much like MOBA games. Would allow for a more spectator friendly and Esports friendly Wow PVP Esports.

THoughts?

Heres the bg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rESl9P2BPg
    We humans have to stick together

They had that Azshara BG in development but they scrapped it. It was supposed to be a MOBA style.

Because you cannot copy the mechanics of a Moba into WoW.

For example, npc (or creeps) work different, WoW has them use basic aggro formular - you deal the most damage, they aggro you.
    In Mobas (at least in DotA and HotS) this mechanic is nonexistant.

Second, what is the "secondary game" on the map? Kill your opponent is an easy one but in Mobas you usually gain XP, or Gold to buy items and so forth.

Also, Stealth and such works different in Mobas, HotS has mechanics to uncover stealthed heroes, DotA has dust or Sentry wards, how do you uncover a Rogue without a Hunter or DH? You can't, it's poking in the dark with AoE spells.

I am rather certain that Blizzard considered this, back in MoP there was a "Defense of the Alehouse" Bg datamined, but i think that Blizzard shelved the idea of a Moba map after internal testings.

Also, class balance is a thing, how do you beat a team that has a healer on 2/3 lanes? You can't if you're double Dps unless you can talk on voice to each other, even then it's rather difficult.

Someone said once, that Ashran is a moba like BG except players are the minions and NPCs are heroes. I think that sums it up, really, moba BG would require a lot of mechanic changes that are just not worth the developement time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

For example, npc (or creeps) work different, WoW has them use basic aggro formular - you deal the most damage, they aggro you.

Second, what is the "secondary game" on the map? Kill your opponent is an easy one but in Mobas you usually gain XP, or Gold to buy items and so forth.

Also, Stealth and such works different in Mobas, HotS has mechanics to uncover stealthed heroes, DotA has dust or Sentry wards, how do you uncover a Rogue without a Hunter or DH? You can't, it's poking in the dark with AoE spells.

I am rather certain that Blizzard considered this, back in MoP there was a "Defense of the Alehouse" Bg datamined, but i think that Blizzard shelved the idea of a Moba map after internal testings.

Also, class balance is a thing, how do you beat a team that has a healer on 2/3 lanes? You can't if you're double Dps unless you can talk on voice to each other, even then it's rather difficult.
    Well, they could, if they would. the question is if it would take too many resources to do so.

they could make a special bg, that once you enter, your action bar gets reduced to 4 specific abilies, depending on your class/spec.

say a BM hunter join the BG, he now have abilies: 1: Kill command; Order your pet to attack the target, dealing xxx dmg, depending on rank. 2: Intimidate: Order your pet to stun the target for x seconds, depending on rank. Cobra shot: Fire an arrow at the target, dealing x amount of damage, and reducing the cooldown of kill comand by x seconds, depending on rank. Ultimate: Beastrial wrath; You and your pet enrages, removing all crowd control, and making you imune to crowdcontrol. lasts 5 seconds. increases your attack power by xxx depending on rank.

they could do something like this for all specs, using some of their most iconic abilities.

then just make a vendor in the bg, that uses a special type of currency, gained whenever you kill a player or npc in the bg, that is removed from your inventory when the match is over.

i don't think they would ever do this though, since they already have HotS to fill the same kind of gameplay, and it would probably just be a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

Well in HotS you just gain xp. And in Wow we have had a bg where you gain ranks and that grants you abilities. That would be Wintergrasp and the abilities were the rights to purchase better siege weaponry. They could do something like that in wow. But honestly I think that Warfronts fill this niche, although it is PVM and not pvp.