Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    NPCs Paladins and Paladin/Paladin archetypes in other Blizzard games (like Yrel, who was just added to HOTS, Crusaders in HOTS/D3) have decent mobility through leaps, and after nearly 3 years of complaining about our awful mobility in WoW, we're still sitting here riding a horse that is easily disabled for a whole 3 seconds a minute.

I am so disappointed in the WoW class team right now... the HOTS devs get it, the D3 devs get it, even the quest/NPC WoW devs get it, why can't the WoW class devs get on the same damn page?
    Ret mobility is fine. 100% movement speed for 6 seconds plus you have hand of freedom AND hand of hindrance. You have zero reasons to complain about mobility, maybe you start learning the kit of your class before crying on the forums.

Deleted
    If I require a DK to bring targets to me (what Ret requires in RBGs and arenas) it's not properly functional, it also horrendously limits their viable comps. No other class requires hand holding just to apply damage effectively, Ret shouldn't either.

Stop talking.
    Wha..? I don't even..

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    This game is not designed for solo content. Ret have a pretty good panel of tools for mobility (x2 steed, freedom and every bubble they can cast if they need to). If you can't connect with your target find a better mate. And if he's not the problem, you are. You're not even the worst class in term of mobility, that's just silly.
    as if bubbles equal mobility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UltraNic View Post
    Ret mobility is fine. 100% movement speed for 6 seconds plus you have hand of freedom AND hand of hindrance. You have zero reasons to complain about mobility, maybe you start learning the kit of your class before crying on the forums.
    6 seconds every 2 minutes is fine, gotcha.
    Not to mention Steed doesn't even work without HoF.
    Not to mention DHs now get dispel too.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's 3 seconds btw unless talented which means we have to give up something else to reach these 6 secs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classes move to fast right now to many gap closing skills monks move to fast druids rogues demon hunters mages and now void elves with new teleport. Some classes how to many slows too and to many movement speeds and some classes do not have anything. they all need to be slowed down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I want speed of light back, this Horse just gets stuck in doorways and is all-around shit. Two charges or not.

Speaking of mobility, check out Yrel's Avenging Wrath ability in HotS (1:47 to 2:04); if we could get the same for our wings cooldown in WoW, it would help reduce waste on uptime a bit when we have to move to another target or if the boss is pulled out of position.

Last edited by Gloriandus; 2018-06-04 at 08:39 PM.

Classes have strengths and weaknesses. You have to be reasonable and keep in mind paladins have amazing damage strong defensives, and top-tier utility which is why you have weak mobility.

Would you prefer a more consistent mobility buff? Maybe have Pursuit of Justice be a competing talent with Cavalier and if selected it replaces Divine Steed. How does that sound?
    Last edited by Jigglypuff; 2018-06-04 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff View Post
    Classes have strengths and weaknesses. You have to be reasonable and keep in mind paladins have amazing damage and top-tier utility which is why you have weak mobility.

Would you prefer a more consistent mobility buff? Maybe have Pursuit of Justice be a competing talent with Cavalier and if selected it replaces Divine Steed. How does that sound?
    What utility?

- - - Updated - - -

And how said utility compensates for negative mobility?

But then what would we do with all the wheelchair memes?

Increased mobility would obviously be taken into account while balancing their damage, don't be obtuse.
    I'd rather have top of the heap dps and lower mobility. It fits more of what a pally is..... Stand in the face of evil or your enemies and beat the crap out of them till they are dead or they run away.

Increased mobility would obviously be taken into account while balancing their damage, don't be obtuse.
    You have mobility and it is awesome mobility. Stop being fucking greedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

melee shouldn't have infinite uptime lol
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I want speed of light back, this Horse just gets stuck in doorways and is all-around shit. Two charges or not.
    So the game should take into account how useless the player is? I never get stuck in any doorways. I must be a better player.
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You have mobility and it is awesome mobility. Stop being fucking greedy.
    If you think our mobility is awesome you've never used it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I'd rather have top of the heap dps and lower mobility. It fits more of what a pally is..... Stand in the face of evil or your enemies and beat the crap out of them till they are dead or they run away.
    That's not what pally is... "pursuit of justice" is what pallys are... "You can run, but we will catch you eventually" has always been Ret's thing, not high mobility, but consistent, now we have super inconsistent mobility that we barely get to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    Wha..? I don't even..
    You can't comprehend simple English?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Against Many View Post
    6 seconds every 2 minutes is fine, gotcha.
    Not to mention Steed doesn't even work without HoF.
    Not to mention DHs now get dispel too.
    Dear Blizzard
    You need to nerf rock, they are OP and it is BS how they are able to beat us in 1 v 1 PvP. It is an outrage that you have allowed this imbalance to go on for so long.

Scissors

p.s. Don't listen to paper because the just need to git gud.
    why so mad bro

Don't even go to the mobility discussion, try playing a Death Knight literally the slowest class in the game. You constantly feel like your raid or dungeon is waiting on you...even when your the Tank.

No it's not, there is no point in dealing high damage if almost everyone in the game can easily avoid you. No other class in the game requires others to hold targets down for them just so they can perform their most basic function properly. I would happily trade damage for mobility.
    No other class? You're being incredibly hyperbolic. The only classes that can maintain good uptime on highly mobile targets is other highly mobile classes.

Problem is Ret doesn't just have a problem with the couple classes that have over the top mobility... Basically every class in the game aside from Priests, DKs, and Warlocks can simply decide not to fight us if they don't want to and there is nothing we can do about it.
    Cavalier, Hand of Hindrance, Hammer of Justice? What about Jurisdiction/Unbound Freedom/Law and Order? If you intelligently use your abilities, you shouldn't have a problem with most classes. Ret is in a really good place right now. Better than it's been in many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Against Many View Post
    what is more easier and logical:
    a) bring a single class up to speed or
    b) nerf all other classes
    ?
    Except it's not a single class that would have to be brought up to speed nor would it be nerfing all other classes.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

If you think our mobility is awesome you've never used it.
    I have used it. I have used all of the classes mobility and Paladins is awesome. There are a couple that are ridiculous and they should actually be nerfed but Paladins have nothing to cry about. I think this thread is probably more of a L2P issue than a tool issue.
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret mobility is fine. 100% movement speed for 6 seconds
    Every 2 minutes, whoopdedo.

plus you have hand of freedom
    Easily dispelled, and our "6 seconds of 100% movespeed" that we only get to use every 2 minutes is entirely reliant on HoF to even work.

AND hand of hindrance.
    A snare? You mean like every other class has, but ours inexplicably has a 30 second cooldown for no reason?

You have zero reasons to complain about mobility
    Methinks you haven't played Ret this expansion, and as such your opinion on this is irrelevant.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.