Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is Blizzard setting up Warcraft 4?

So this just crossed my mind with the new Alterac map and all of the new Alliance and Horde themed minions, the new skins, the Mountain giant model and so on...

Do you think Blizzard is setting up Warcraft 4? Creating models for HotS that will be used in a new RTS installment?

Are they also setting up Starcraft 3? And Diablocraft? Since they both have maps in Hots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Or you know, BFA is alliance vs horde themed. And its coming soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Or you know, BFA is alliance vs horde themed. And its coming soon.
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... or maybe Mudmugcraft?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Are they also setting up Starcraft 3? And Diablocraft? Since they both have maps in Hots.
    That's a fair point I suppose

I just figured that since there's such a massive demand for it and Warcraft 3 being literally 16 years old, it could be a possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... or maybe Mudmugcraft?
    One can only dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    So this just crossed my mind with the new Alterac map and all of the new Alliance and Horde themed minions, the new skins, the Mountain giant model and so on...

Do you think Blizzard is setting up Warcraft 4? Creating models for HotS that will be used in a new RTS installment?
    No. 10char

Doubt they would be "setting up" W4 by putting models in hots engine. If anything, it just confirms that W4 isn't going to happen and this is as close as you will ever get, probably.

RTS is in a really bad state and has been for years.. dont think we will ever see a W4.. sadly

Also the story continue in WOW.. why make W4?

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    RTS is in a really bad state and has been for years.. dont think we will ever see a W4.. sadly

Also the story continue in WOW.. why make W4?
    It doesnt matter how bad the RTS genre is a WC4 would sell like crazy and make Blizzard plenty to cover the cost of making and maintaining it.

Blizzard has also said in the past that a WC4 wouldnt have to be attached directly to the main WoW storyline. Personally I think they could just change the races to factions and they could easily have 6 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Yingyang View Post

Blizzard has also said in the past that a WC4 wouldnt have to be attached directly to the main WoW storyline.
    If you have a source for that.. i will have a slight hope of it happening... but again it will be odd and confusing.. so dont think it will ever happen... but dont misunderstand me.. it would be awesome... greatest game ever made.

there were some hints and tweets about minions of hell... maybe diablo 4? both would be awesome though

Honestly, a Warcraft 3 remaster using HOTS assets would make me very happy.

WC4 is something reserved for a soft reboot, where new characters get introduced and the timeline shifts forward to a time where everything settles down. I don't even think it's a possibility without retooling the entire universe somehow, considering WoW fills all the story needs right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

They will never asset flip like that. It's just not going to happen. The WC3 remaster and any potential WC4 will use original assets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    WC4 is something reserved for a soft reboot, where new characters get introduced and the timeline shifts forward to a time where everything settles down. I don't even think it's a possibility without retooling the entire universe somehow, considering WoW fills all the story needs right now.
    This is a backwards way of thinking. WC4 would obviously be suited as a kind of "tell different small stories" game, where you could go through and have short campaigns detailing things not told in-game within WoW. Stuff like the war against the Draenei and the Orcs, Nobundo's story, what the Night Elves were up to, the troll wars, War of the Ancients, War of the Shifting Sands, etc.

There won't be a W4 as long as WoW and Starcraft are still a thing. WoW is their storyvehicle for Warcraft and Starcraft is their RTS. W4 would be nothing but a reskinned SC anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    They will never asset flip like that. It's just not going to happen. The WC3 remaster and any potential WC4 will use original assets.
    HotS uses the SC2 engine. The first alpha was even built in the SC2 Map Creator
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Engine =/= Assets. I'm aware it's built on the SC2 engine (which is a big part of why the game is unfunctional garbage), but just because they reuse an engine doesn't mean they're ever going to reuse models and stuff like that. Sound clips are about the only asset you'll see commonly flipped by companies like Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish.

There are some strong hints and whispers about another WC RTS in development. I guess we will see this Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    This is a backwards way of thinking. WC4 would obviously be suited as a kind of "tell different small stories" game, where you could go through and have short campaigns detailing things not told in-game within WoW. Stuff like the war against the Draenei and the Orcs, Nobundo's story, what the Night Elves were up to, the troll wars, War of the Ancients, War of the Shifting Sands, etc.
    'Warcraft 4: The DLC campaigns' is a hard sell. People want to be told one big epic and easy-to-follow story. Focusing all the content on WoW Filler would alienate anyone who hasn't played or was not familiar with WoW. It could work as new WC3 Remaster campaigns, since the game's main story has been told, but not as a full introduction to a WC4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.