Struggling with Holy Mage Tower. Any pointers?

Hey guys so like the title says I'm trying to do the holy priest mage tower challenge and I am struggling with it, bad. I've completed the challenge on resto druid and shaman already, I know the mechanics and what to do but I feel like I just don't have the raw healing output like they do. I've read the wowhead guides and some other postsbut they always seem a little vague. I mainly struggle in phase 1 (how sad) and I managed to get through it one time and during the ghost phase it felt like I couldn't even heal the ghosts anywhere near as easily as the other 2 specs I completed it on. My ilvl is 940, the only legendaries I have access to are Prydaz, Rammal's Ulterior Motive (gloves), Al'maiesh the Cord of Hope (waist), Soul of the High Priest (ring), and Insignia of the Grand Army. Talents are 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1. Any tips at all would be greatly appreciated, be specific.

watch automatic jak's video on you tube he gives a pretty detailed run thru. i'd post the link but i can't good luck

Quote Originally Posted by docrains05 View Post
    watch automatic jak's video on you tube he gives a pretty detailed run thru. i'd post the link but i can't good luck
    I'll check it out, thanks

First, I've done it with Surge of Light at first, but I found that Binding Heal was lit. You can completely ignore healing yourself during most of the phases
    Second, I've used Prydaz and the Waist legendary, which is completely awesome to heal ghosts as you can have a massive Sanctify (thanks to Binding Heal) which will deliver a monster heal to all 3 ghosts if they're close enough

Phase 1 : Shackle everything that is annoying and stun the Mage for him to destack. I think this phase should be easier as Holy Priest than other healers, due to Shackle undead that removes all the annoying spells (arrow, blade dance...).
    What are you struggling on here ? Healing ? DPSing ? Controls ?

Ghosts : Nothing new here I think all the guides will tell you the same thing, Apotheosis then spam everything for the first wave, divine hymn for the second one, use whatever you can for the third one. Don't forget to alternate your Flash Heals every now and then (if not playing with Binding Heal) to benefit from the Trail of Light and not waste its healing on either you or one of your friends

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docrains05 View Post
    Can't recommend this enough.

Also, automaticjak wrote the wowhead guide about how to win that challenge as a holy priest (http://www.wowhead.com/holy-priest-artifact-challenge), his tips helped me a lot. At the time I also struggled with phase 1, I'm quoting below some of his tips that helped me much:

Wave 4: 2xSoldier/Mage

The hard waves begin! Two Corrupted Risen Soldiers spawn and immediately both begin to cast Knife Dance. Shackle Undead the first one, then immediately Shackle Undead the next one before too much damage goes out on the party. You will then immediately Holy Word: Chastise the Corrupted Risen Mage as they will have gotten to high stacks. Continue alternating Shackles on the Corrupted Risen Soldier as needed to interrupt the Knife Dance, this is a good wave to utilize Apotheosis to heal through the Fixate and any Knife Dance damage that may have gotten through. Apotheosis will also allow you to reset the cooldown of your Holy Word: Chastise very rapidly if you are able to use some Smites while keeping the party alive. If you and another party member are dropping low, this Wave is also a good time to utilize Guardian Spirit to survive.

Wave 5: Soldier/Mage/Archer

Going into Wave 5, you MUST have your Holy Word: Chastise already off cooldown and ready to utilize as this Wave requires a very precise sequence of spells to ensure stability. As the last wave activates, step back near the middle of the room and start DPSing the Corrupted Risen Mage. When the Corrupted Risen Soldier begins to cast Knife Dance, Shackle Undead him, then Holy Word: Chastise the Corrupted Risen Mage, then turn around to Shackle Undead the Corrupted Risen Arbalest who is now casting Mana Sting on you. This sequence is imperative to pull off and will provide optimal nullification to all of the different mobs most deadly abilities. Once you have completed this, continue to damage the Corrupted Risen Mage and continue alternating Shackle Undead to interrupt Knife Dance's and Mana Sting. Do not be afraid to use Guardian Spirit if you are worried that an NPC might die, use it wherever necessary.
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 2018-06-05 at 02:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

OMG I finally got it lol. 2 minutes before server shut down!! haha

Thankyou for that video, it helped me out a ton. I read the wowhead guide but actually seeing it in motion from his video made all the difference especially in ghost phase. Oooooooh I am SO happy that is over lol. 34/36 challenges complete now!

Thankyou so so much everyone!

I've watched his guides multiple times and I still can't get past stage 5 the one where you have to heal the three adds and your party before they reach the middle guy

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jobiwon View Post
    I've watched his guides multiple times and I still can't get past stage 5 the one where you have to heal the three adds and your party before they reach the middle guy
    You have enough CC available to you as Holy to allow 3-4 adds to go through if you manage them well, I would guess. Just focus on keeping your party alive and do the best you can. That phase will transition as soon as you heal enough ghosts, even if more are coming. If you're not able to keep your party up, allow one to go through each time aside from the DH round. Abuse Leap of Faith too if one of your allies is getting focused; it'll buy you some time.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Get Velen's if you don't have it, or equip it if you haven't been using it so far.

Remember you can change gear inside the scenario while out of combat, such as before you head into that room for phase 5.

Velen's use effect is a massive help for keeping your group alive and healing the adds.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Ty I will try a huge part of my problem is that I haven't played holy since Cata and am only doing so to get appearance lol I will prob be unable to get Velen's in time I just gotta get my rotation and keybinds on point

Deleted
    Holy tower is pure BS, most of it has nothing to do with healing. Apart from the last part, it's really just a DPS and CC check. Use DPS legos (I think I did it with sephuz and the smite braces? Been a while), spec SoL and apotheosis. And censure. Interrupt knives, CC mages with high stacks and archers, run/CC enraged warriors. Bring potions and drums.

As for the last phase, just roll CDs, and switch to healing legos. And pray that hymn will not bug out. Once the ghosts are dealth with, the actual boss is a joke. I think I fucked up at 70% health, and NPCs still finished him off.

I've done Prot and Ret Paladin, Prot, Arms, and Fury Warrior, Disc and Shadow priest. Holy Priest is bullshit.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Like every other mage tower, I have shit legendaries (argus ring + helm). Holy Priest is my last one. Phase 1 is easy but I'm having trouble healing up everyone in stage 5. I never get surge of light procs, and I never get crits, so I'm pumping out 400k non-crit flash heals as fast as I can to no avail. Maybe just gotta time my apotheosis better I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Like every other mage tower, I have shit legendaries (argus ring + helm). Holy Priest is my last one. Phase 1 is easy but I'm having trouble healing up everyone in stage 5. I never get surge of light procs, and I never get crits, so I'm pumping out 400k non-crit flash heals as fast as I can to no avail. Maybe just gotta time my apotheosis better I dunno.
    I tend to prefer Binding Heal over Surge of Light. It reduces both Holy Words (Sanctuary is actually helpful if you place it correctly), and you can completely forget about healing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I tend to prefer Binding Heal over Surge of Light. It reduces both Holy Words (Sanctuary is actually helpful if you place it correctly), and you can completely forget about healing yourself.
    I've done it with Binding heal too, 940ilv here

Deleted
    I use leap of faith on grandma, my ranged, towards middle where most fights are for holy word sanctify so whole group benefits. Not sure if this makes her take more damage but pisses me off to have a short range aoe heal...i wish it had 20 yards...10 is too little..

First time trying healer mage tower...so annoying encounter especially with 3 mobs up at same time...

Have only crappy shadow legendaries...

Is shackle up more on last pack in phase 1???

Now that mob feared thst runs around feared in stairs...
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-07-16 at 06:29 PM.