Thread: BM in BfA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Is BM doomed to be the most simple spec of WoW because of the significant amount of players choosing this spec just to collect pets?
    Nice meme, if you actually played any other class you would notice they are all as braindead as BM

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Chimera shot outsims owtp in the current beta simcraft. People that keep saying that I feel aren't aware that it's been nerfed from its Legion version. AC technically outsims DB, however people are saying the AC pet is still lacking the aoe avoidance pets should get. I just ran 2 heroics on beta and didn't have an issue with it tho.
    Can you link me the simulator? I was assuming this was a no brainer, because I thought keeping up 90% pet haste has got to be better than chimera shot. I still feel skeptic about taking Chimera over that though, unless the simulator clearly states that it is better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Nice meme, if you actually played any other class you would notice they are all as braindead as BM
    Tbh, even though most specs rotations are easy to execute, I still think there are some differences in terms of difficult in executing it perfectly.

BM, though, is one of the easiest ones to execute. Havoc DH is another one of the easy ones. Shadow Priest requires more thinking imo, especially when it comes to AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Cytraz View Post
    Can you link me the simulator? I was assuming this was a no brainer, because I thought keeping up 90% pet haste has got to be better than chimera shot. I still feel skeptic about taking Chimera over that though, unless the simulator clearly states that it is better.
    I don't personally have it. To date, since we're in the "tuning phase" of beta and things are still subject to change, I've been content with just keeping an eye on discord when mods like Moofz link their sims, as I know they've been working with nuoHep from simcraft on it.

All specs are drastically simplified. BM is no different. It's still one of the best all-around specs if you want to focus more on doing mechanics correctly for both mythic raids and m+. If it does competitive dps and I fail at mechanics half as much as my guild mates, then I consider it a win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by joxur View Post
    All specs are drastically simplified. BM is no different. It's still one of the best all-around specs if you want to focus more on doing mechanics correctly for both mythic raids and m+. If it does competitive dps and I fail at mechanics half as much as my guild mates, then I consider it a win-win.
    Yeah well, personally, I want to think just a little bit more when I do my rotation than what is required as BM. Thing is, the skill ceiling lowers the easier the rotation/spec is to master. And I think playing classes with a higher skill ceiling is more fun, partly because it isn't as boring, and partly because I like to be able to stand out from the crowd aka other people playing the same spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytraz View Post
    because I like to be able to stand out from the crowd aka other people playing the same spec.
    Vanity - definitely my favorite sin.

what is this chimera shot outsims owtp hype ? Finally CS is really good ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Is BM doomed to be the most simple spec of WoW because of the significant amount of players choosing this spec just to collect pets?
    Dude, the only specs in the game that aren't faceroll are sub rogue, feral druid and unholy dk, and the healers of course. Everything else is faceroll af.

best leggos for leveling as bm ?

I don't personally have it. To date, since we're in the "tuning phase" of beta and things are still subject to change, I've been content with just keeping an eye on discord when mods like Moofz link their sims, as I know they've been working with nuoHep from simcraft on it.
    It's worth noting that they may or may not be assuming Azurite traits, which does change things some what - for example, there's a Azurite trait called "Feeding Frenzy" that extends Frenzy's duration to 9 seconds - this drastically changes the value of OWTP, as resets are less required to keep the buff rolling.

See Azerite Traits. See for all hunter specs: http://www.wowhead.com/heart-of-azer...#hunter-traits
    Danwo

Deleted
    BM is a horrible spec, MM all the way, ill also play SV as off spec but i wont touch BM

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's worth noting that they may or may not be assuming Azurite traits, which does change things some what - for example, there's a Azurite trait called "Feeding Frenzy" that extends Frenzy's duration to 9 seconds - this drastically changes the value of OWTP, as resets are less required to keep the buff rolling.
    Traits are certainly going to play into it, for sure, another reason to not assume things are set in stone. Tho it's also worth noting that the discussion that I've seen so far in Discord with the people running the current sim software is that feeding frenzy isn't even required for chimaera shot to surpass. The trait itself is quite poor compared to others like Pack Alpha, other than the 1 second duration extension, the boost to barbed shot damage is pretty poor considering it's very low base damage and contribution to our overall damage. And Pack Alpha is pretty powerful combined with Animal Companion.

All that being said, with or without the frenzy trait, ChS and OwtP are still fairly close to each other, probably less so if you happen to have the trait.

Edit: also forgot to mention that haste affects the cd of Barbed Shot as well, further reducing the value of frenzy trait.
    Last edited by Mavick; 2018-07-02 at 06:26 PM.

Deleted
    What exactly gets boosted by Pack Alpha? Is it the pets auto attack or the basic skill like bite?

[Edit] Basic attacks (bite, smack, etc), generally our highest damage source. Originally posted incorrectly that it was auto's, my mistake.
    Last edited by Mavick; 2018-07-04 at 01:31 PM.

Anyone test the Worm pet for AOE? Also, how do you like the bm playstyle, just letting your pet do all the work and keep up barb shot?

Quote Originally Posted by fishnchips View Post
    BM is a horrible spec, MM all the way, ill also play SV as off spec but i wont touch BM
    MM is the horrible spec. I'd rather watch paint dry its so static and boring. MM has always been the worst Hunter spec since Vanilla.

Deleted
    [Edit] Basic attacks (bite, smack, etc), generally our highest damage source. Originally posted incorrectly that it was auto's, my mistake.
    So it's just good for ST.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elcapone View Post
    Anyone test the Worm pet for AOE? Also, how do you like the bm playstyle, just letting your pet do all the work and keep up barb shot?
    Interesting question. I've also been asking myself that ever since I got to know, that the Spirit Beasts heal got actually good. Allthough I'm not convinced that this is intended and not just a number tuning issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Erondur View Post
    So it's just good for ST.
    No. The majority of beast cleave damage comes from their basic attacks cleaving.

Deleted
    No. The majority of beast cleave damage comes from their basic attacks cleaving.
    But...they don't. Only the auto attacks cleave afaik. Or am I at the wrong here?