Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
    WW is a talent in BfA though. They only have Death's Advance baseline, which is currently 30% for 8 seconds. Personally, I'd take Steed over that any day, as sprints are more useful during most encounters than a 30% increase, but it's hard to tell how it will turn out.

At any rate, BfA number tweaking isn't done yet, so it's hard to make any kind of final verdict at this point.
    Baseline I'd personally rather deaths advance for PVE over steed simply for the cooldown of 45 seconds vs 60 seconds. For PVE 30% is enough to get out of anything, and the cooldown difference is pretty significant. In legion I would argue that even while double steed only really allows a single extra use of steed per fight Ret's pulled ahead in PVE mobility with steed on that 45 second cd.

In BFA being able to talent into a second CD where the cooldowns are separate makes DKs far more mobile than ret. Once BFA hits DK is ahead baseline and with mobility talents.

As sad as it is Ret will be the least mobile spec in BFA due to mobility nerfs, and when you throw the nerfs to defensives as well it's fairly disappointing. Just hope after tuning our damage is high enough to compensate, I don't really want to raid on anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post

In BFA being able to talent into a second CD where the cooldowns are separate makes DKs far more mobile than ret. Once BFA hits DK is ahead baseline and with mobility talents.

As sad as it is Ret will be the least mobile spec in BFA due to mobility nerfs, and when you throw the nerfs to defensives as well it's fairly disappointing. Just hope after tuning our damage is high enough to compensate, I don't really want to raid on anything else.
    The choice is talented 2x steed or talented wraith walk + azerite trait.

DK: talented wraith 70% for 4s on 1m CD; azerite trait march of the damned extends time but less % (like ghost wolf)
    Pally: 1 horse at 100% for 3s; talented 2 steeds at 100% for 3s; azerite trait nearby allies and you gain % of speed and reduced to 50s.

So with that being said ghost wolf for 15s isnt bad, but neither is the pally.

Here is a current pally pvp youtube where the coveted gap closer is used, one he has 2x, others he has 1x steed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws3nasRqLq4

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Against Many View Post
    @Maylander
    You are so clueless it is mildly amusing.
    Check your facts.
    Check your knowledge.
    Check your education on the topic.
    Storm, who hurt you? Why are you this way? Every time you disagree with someone regarding Ret, you spaz and attack them...
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Storm, who hurt you? Why are you this way? Every time you disagree with someone regarding Ret, you spaz and attack them...
    That is me being calm, collected and restrained.
    A mild Storm, if you wish. You haven't seen me attacking anyone just yet.

Our competent mods are way too competent while being trigger-happy, therefore I am much more restrained these days.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2018-06-06 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Buckethead_-_Soothsayer

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    The choice is talented 2x steed or talented wraith walk + azerite trait.

DK: talented wraith 70% for 4s on 1m CD; azerite trait march of the damned extends time but less % (like ghost wolf)
    Pally: 1 horse at 100% for 3s; talented 2 steeds at 100% for 3s; azerite trait nearby allies and you gain % of speed and reduced to 50s.

So with that being said ghost wolf for 15s isnt bad, but neither is the pally.

Here is a current pally pvp youtube where the coveted gap closer is used, one he has 2x, others he has 1x steed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws3nasRqLq4
    On the beta you have access to both Deaths Advance and Wraith Walk if you choose it as a talent, it doesn't replace Deaths Advance. So 30% for 8 seconds on a 45 second cooldown and a 70% for 4 seconds on a 1 minute cooldown.

In addition to this WW breaks snares and roots and doesn't let you be snared while Deaths Advance stops forced movement abilities( and snares can't snare you below 100% normal movement speed. Horse on the other hand doesn't break roots, limit any sort of CC like pushbacks, grips etc. According to wowhead it also stops fears, disorients etc but I've not tested it so can't confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    He's usually this way to get a rise out of people, says nothing positive and bashes people with his opinions, usually only sees glass half full. does have some content that is correct, but never answers your question politely in that same content. to me sounds like a warrior that got pounded many times by a ret paladin, or a ret paladin with blinders on. I personally think he's a troll warrior. Kinda like my teenager, when I say its an 'M' on M&M's and he disagrees saying its a 'W'. Theres two ways to play warrior vs paladin - he obviously cant optimize and is totally against paladins, hence his re-roll. I wrote it this way to watch him piece it by piece in quotes. Just watch. Or just ignore him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    On the beta you have access to both Deaths Advance and Wraith Walk if you choose it as a talent, it doesn't replace Deaths Advance. So 30% for 8 seconds on a 45 second cooldown and a 70% for 4 seconds on a 1 minute cooldown.

In addition to this WW breaks snares and roots and doesn't let you be snared while Deaths Advance stops forced movement abilities( and snares can't snare you below 100% normal movement speed. Horse on the other hand doesn't break roots, limit any sort of CC like pushbacks, grips etc. According to wowhead it also stops fears, disorients etc but I've not tested it so can't confirm.
    Yes, Ive tested the DK but obviously not fully, its a good get out of snares is all I knew. As our coveted town crier has stated you have to use HoF and Steed for the pally.Thanks for clarifying
    Last edited by kran1um; 2018-06-06 at 08:50 PM.

He's usually this way to get a rise out of people, says nothing positive and bashes people with his opinions, usually only sees glass half full. does have some content that is correct, but never answers your question politely in that same content. to me sounds like a warrior that got pounded many times by a ret paladin, or a ret paladin with blinders on. I personally think he's a troll warrior. Kinda like my teenager, when I say its an 'M' on M&M's and he disagrees saying its a 'W'. Theres two ways to play warrior vs paladin - he obviously cant optimize and is totally against paladins, hence his re-roll. I wrote it this way to watch him piece it by piece in quotes. Just watch..
    don't forget the poetry and flamboyant selfportrayal

Man if you guys are defending DK mobility, I have lost all hope. Its trash. Steed is trash. Youre picking which dead squirrel on the highway is flatter
    And shepherds we shall be...

Quote Originally Posted by Fatel View Post
    Man if you guys are defending DK mobility, I have lost all hope. Its trash. Steed is trash. Youre picking which dead squirrel on the highway is flatter
    Well no one will beat DH, Monk, warrior is just after that and then the others. I think the debate is Dk has more than a pally.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can’t tell if the OP is serious or not. He talks about DK mobility and then talks going ret? Lolwut

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    Right, so Retribution has better mobility in the vast majority of cases, meaning it's better overall. There's no denying that DK is the slowest class in the game, hands down. It simply is. They're practically walking backwards at this point. And in BfA, WW is even becoming a talent if I recall correctly. They'll have zero baseline abilities to improve their movement or remove slows. The whole thing is hilarious.
    The difference is DK's has a spammable slow and a gap closer (Death grip). That's a huge difference. As well as constant damage through dots and ranged attacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    The difference is DK's has a spammable slow and a gap closer (Death grip). That's a huge difference. As well as constant damage through dots and ranged attacks.
    And paly got ranged stun, and dmg skills (judgement and bow), and idk why ppl always forget blessing of freedom (removes roots and give extra movement speed in pvp)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I can’t tell if the OP is serious or not. He talks about DK mobility and then talks going ret? Lolwut
    Yep, if you want a mobile melee why the heck would you even put a choice between a dk and pally, 2 slowest classes?

There are options of warrior, monk, dh, rogue, survival hunter, even feral...

And if OP wants access to allied races, warrior is the best best (last time a race didn't have a warrior - blood elves - it was added later on). Monk / hunter / rogue are accessible to majority of races too.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalSniper View Post
    And paly got ranged stun, and dmg skills (judgement and bow), and idk why ppl always forget blessing of freedom (removes roots and give extra movement speed in pvp)
    Except it doesnt give extra movement speed, unless talented for it. It also needs to be used WITH pony otherwise pony walks at the snared speed.

FDKs also have a ranged stun, and ranged abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalSniper View Post
    BoJ(not BoW) is a ranged skill how?
    And idk why people always forget blessing of freedom is a) not ret-exclusive ability i.e. team utility and b) dispellable/stealable
    Could you please educate yourself before spouting lies and misguided info?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Against Many View Post
    BoJ(not BoW) is a ranged skill how?
    And idk why people always forget blessing of freedom is a) not ret-exclusive ability i.e. team utility and b) dispellable/stealable
    Could you please educate yourself before spouting lies and misguided info?
    I understand why u're banned. 2 times u quouted me, 2 times u wrote bullshit.

For first, BoJ is ranged since you dont have to be in melee range. BTW i forgot Divine Storm having 20 yards range

2nd: What change about freedom isnt exclusive from ret? Wraith walk is available for all Dk's specs and ppl dont have any problem to mention it.

So i decided, as any one who has read more than 1 post from you, to scroll down your messages, cuz your intention is only to trolling and messing around giving so stupid arguments

It is objectively better, even without talents.

Wraith Walk: 70%, 3 sec duration, 45 sec CD
    VS
    Divine Steed: 100%, 3 sec duration, 45 sec CD

Retribution also has BoF for removing slows. So yes, it is better. I never said it was a vast improvement, hence the ".." at the end.
    You left out the part that Wraith Walk surpresses roots/slows for its duration and also breaks them. Can't do that with Divine Steed without stacking another CD onto it (Freedom). Are people seriously this daft?

Quote Originally Posted by Felfuhrer View Post
    You left out the part that Wraith Walk surpresses roots/slows for its duration and also breaks them. Can't do that with Divine Steed without stacking another CD onto it (Freedom). Are people seriously this daft?
    Yes, but they probably only PVE so they don't know this since it wouldn't be encountered as much

Quote Originally Posted by Felfuhrer View Post
    whoppee push another button for the same effect, macro it if you want it at the same time, if not - its at your disposal when you want it. goodness this subject matter is still going on?! playing both, Pally > DK any day of the week, only thing that DK comes close to is the huge heal with DS on Frost.

DK will have more mobility in BFA due to deaths advance and how long it lasts.
    Last edited by kran1um; 2018-06-21 at 12:13 AM.

whoppee push another button for the same effect, macro it if you want it at the same time, if not - its at your disposal when you want it. goodness this subject matter is still going on?! playing both, Pally > DK any day of the week, only thing that DK comes close to is the huge heal with DS on Frost.

DK will have more mobility in BFA due to deaths advance and how long it lasts.
    Except that macro negates our group utilty. Your thing is doing damage. I have freedom to help others. Your arguement sucks. Try harder