Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I can't imagine blizzard letting 90% win rating to exist. Not enough noobs. Even if they won't change it for sake of 100% same - people who are going to play classic will know game mechanics. I can imagine fresh player base to exist, which was a case in vanilla.
    Last edited by mmoc596a18f574; 2018-06-13 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Quite obvious, Blizzard roughly knows how many people are going to play Classic, in Vanilla on the other hand they were overcompensating for ever increasing popularity of the game that they didnt expect. No reason to spend more money than you have to.
    That makes absolutely no sense, the amount of money spent has absolutely nothing to do with the number of people per server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless blizzard implement proper changes - no, it's not possible
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    And why would it be so ?
    Mainly because server capacities are much greater than they were back in vanilla( around 2k online), servers these days can hold up to around 15k players or so at the same time before server starts experiencing problems.

This plus the fact that blizzard does not want to spread the playerbase thin as they've learned over the years that low pop realms and no crossing realms can cause major dissatisfaction from the players, whom btw always tend to gravitate towards the more populated realms especially in a vanilla setting.

I expect them to release one (maybe 2 depending on their estimates) of each realm type ( pvp/normal/RP) at first , so you can somewhat expect the few pvp realms to have a larger concentration of playerbase who will most likely also want to join the most populated pvp realm if more than 1 exists.

I guarantee you realms will be almost as full as the most played private servers ( the reason I don't say they will exceed private servers is mainly because blizz will moderate and open new realms before realm pop reaches extreme numbers - probably offering free transfers to new realms), this alone will make classic much more populated than vanilla was in terms of actual players present online at the same time.
    Last edited by wholol; 2018-06-13 at 04:29 PM.

And why would it be so ?
    guess the theory here is that there were a lot more servers in vanilla. What folks forget here now is that there gonna be a shitton less people in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Mainly because server capacities are much greater than they were back in vanilla( around 2k online), servers these days can hold up to around 15k players or so at the same time before server starts experiencing problems.
    You realize that the limit on 2k players wasn't only about server capacities but also about not making the world overcrowded ?
    I've played briefly on a 15k server, it's a fucking nightmare. I don't expect Blizzard to raise the ceiling on server pop (or at most in a rather modest way, certainly not 5x more).

Don't misunderstand me, I know there will be quite a bit of players, I just don't see why the pop PER SERVER would be much higher than at release.

You realize that the limit on 2k players wasn't only about server capacities but also about not making the world overcrowded ?
    I've played briefly on a 15k server, it's a fucking nightmare. I don't expect Blizzard to raise the ceiling on server pop (or at most in a rather modest way, certainly not 5x more).

Don't misunderstand me, I know there will be quite a bit of players, I just don't see why the pop PER SERVER would be much higher than at release.
    Honestly I cannot say whether or not blizz will limit pop to around vanilla levels, but I know supercrowded servers are painful.

Hopefully if it's somewhere between those it should be good.

That makes absolutely no sense, the amount of money spent has absolutely nothing to do with the number of people per server.
    Of course it does, less servers = more population density.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher96 View Post
    Hello,

I'm planning on getting rank 14 on Classic WoW on Blizzard servers. I'm an hardcore gamer and polyphasic sleeper (I sleep 2 hours a day), so I guess i'll be able to play 21+ hours a day for weeks. I'm also good at pvp i used to be gladiator in wotlk .
    Are you serious when you say you sleep 2 hours a day? I mean wouldn't that be deadly in long term? I heard of people that claim to sleep 4 hours but 2 I never heard before. Not saying you are lying I am just curious to know how that works.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

2k limit was entrely because of server capacity. Pop per server will be much higher because they will plan for much higher pop per server (8-10k).
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    2k limit was entrely because of server capacity. Pop per server will be much higher because they will plan for much higher pop per server (8-10k).
    You can always dream and imagine things, that doesn't mean it will happen. You played too much on private servers it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    I can't imagine blizzard letting 90% win rating to exist. Not enough noobs. Even if they won't change it for sake of 100% same - people who are going to play classic will know game mechanics. I can imagine fresh player base to exist, which was a case in vanilla.
    The average win rate was 50-60% depending on the server for PVP but the PVP groups had a very high win rate because they were organized skilled players. Put it this way in Vanilla my PVP team as a joke went into WSG with not armor on only weapons and trinkets and won 2 games in a row with only having one enemy flag cap. In Vanilla PVP organization and communication is key so the 10 man team vs the pug team is going to win 100% of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

I will put money on it that Blizzard will do high pop servers with Sharding(no not CRZ) to account for the mass intake of player initially but allow for the servers to settle back to a healthy population after the first couple waves of people who leave for whatever reason(not what they wanted/expected, run out of things to do, lack of true story, etc) Because if they limit to 2k servers after the leavers they will run into issues of dead servers and be stuck merging servers, CRZ or worse leaving dead servers. So yes logically they will raise the limit by 5 or 10x the vanilla amount as server hardware can handle this.

Certainly its possible. The odds are just much more difficult.

live stream your gameplay as proof you're not account sharing. Would need to be on every second you are online though for it to be believable.

I think so. I don't think too many people will go for it. Most people play classic for fun and you can get better weapons from Naxx anyway. Assuming it's launching with patch 1.12.

Quote Originally Posted by badaku View Post
    I think so. I don't think too many people will go for it. Most people play classic for fun and you can get better weapons from Naxx anyway. Assuming it's launching with patch 1.12.
    Even if Naxx opens with launch there will be no one clearing it until the have cleared BWL a bunch of times anyways and I am sure the Razergore lockout exploit will be fixed in the classic servers. Preventing people from running it 10 times in a week. The PVP weapons will be BIS for a while for rogues, warriors and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Yes you can get banned for account sharing if they can prove it or you get frequent reports on it. The PVP "cartel" on laughing skull was ruthless for this, if there was someone who was trying to jump line in the order they would spam report for account sharing to get them a 24 or 72 hour suspension. They have never been clear on what the criteria is for the bans but I have seen emails on these bans where they show that someone logged on in California then in Canada 10 minutes later which is clearly not possible other than by using a proxy.
    Since it is determined by who has the most honor, they set honor limits on players so that they can set the ladder. If a player goes above their honor point significantly they will group PVP to make sure they get more honor since a group of 10 can win a WSG in 7-10 minutes, they also were notorious for DDOSing and in some cases getting horde to gank you while you were waiting for queues so you could not requeue/ take the queue. Also as a warrior they were PVP monsters but only if you could find a pocket healer, without a healer you were easy pickings.
    I have seen someone go from rank 13 to 11 because they tried to jump the line.
    I personally had a rank 13 and rank 12 characters at different times in Vanilla.
    It's hilarious to me that a pvp system based around obtaining "honor" was run by the most dishonorable, maliciously competitive assholes in the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It's hilarious to me that a pvp system based around obtaining "honor" was run by the most dishonorable, maliciously competitive assholes in the gaming community.
    there was honor among the group but if you stepped out of line you were very quickly put back inline.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    They will simply notice you are online 24/7, they will whine to a GM if you are hindering their progress and you will get banned.

Back in 2005 the manpower of GMs and importance of tickets with how buggy the game was, account sharing wasnt allowed, but only major major cases were looked at which is why the majority got away with it.

In 2018, it will take less than 1h to get you banned ;p

Also, the "PvP cartel" as you call it, is needed for winning,if you dont win your honor gain will be less than theirs, aka you will never have a chance.

Dont forget, who gets what was looked at with honor gain, nothing else, compared to the rest of the server at least.

So if PvP cartel thats gonna get Rank 14 has 1.2mil honor for that week, good luck outfarming him.
    Thanks automated report system. Billions of dollars and they can't even be bothered to look at cases individually anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was possible back in vanilla, the week I got Grand Marshal, another Alliance (a warlock) also got it from their own PvP team.

I wasn't even aware he was in the race until I saw him also buying his weapons on reset day.

For reference I was doing about 1,200,000 honour per week for the last rank, playing about 16 hours a day.

If your cartel is only getting 1.2m honour a week farming 24/7, they are garbage anyway.

These days I'm afraid that the min/max mentality will make it all but impossible without a cartel.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED