Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    WoW is 10 times better now than it was in 2005, and whoever claims otherwise is a moron. Classic servers, if they even become a reality, will almost immediately die out when all the 19-year olds who had no idea what they were talking about realise that Vanilla was complete shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Thing is, there was a BiS list for people to work towards back then. And it was a fulfillable list, there was 2 checks... 1) Did your item drop? 2) Do you have enough dkp to get it?

Now its: 1) Did any items drop for you at all? 2) If yes, is it an upgrade? 3) Was it the piece you were after? Or just a +1 ilvl boost? 4) Does it have the right secondary stats? 5) Did it warforge or titanforge? 6) Did it proc a socket?

This.
    Adding to that I stuck around for so long in order to collect old sets, mounts and items for my collection, especially the older ones (54 runs for Eye of Sulfuras, about the same for the phoenix mount from Kael). The newer ones did not really speak to me, and now they abandon class sets completely.
    Last edited by segara82; 2018-06-14 at 01:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    That's just an immature way of thinking. "If I can't have the best I don't want anything at all!!!"
    It’s not. In Cata, I remember getting a best in slot drop and thinking - “hey, this is the best thing I could possibly get! That’s pretty cool. I’m going to be wearing this until the next expansion.”

That feeling is gone from the game now, because unless you’re extraordinarily lucky, there’s always a better piece.

Back then you had a bis list and you were excited when you got one, very straightforward. Now, getting a drop is often “well this one has better stats but that one is warforged but my third one has avoidance, and my 4th has a socket. Is this even an upgrade?”

I find that less satisfying and just kind of annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    how about making doing this an infraction? every thread about a youtuber, the "witty" fools come out of the woodwork to show their superiority over not knowing who the youtuber is, when a cursory glance at google would suffice to answer that question.
    14 minutes later:
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i hate censorship, i'd reduce the rules were it up to me.