Thread: The Boys

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Wut...
    A show per week is supposed to be the norm.
    No. That is an old notion. One I do not have to yield for in the modern age any longer. Weekly shows are not going to hold my interest very often- The Boys Season 2 falls into the category for me.


    (I mean if you really want you could read the comics and find out where it's going. But to be fair, that's what killed my interest in the show. So I was kinda hoping for a rewrite...but I'm not expecting it)
    I read all the comics years ago.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No. That is an old notion. One I do not have to yield for in the modern age any longer. Weekly shows are not going to hold my interest very often- The Boys Season 2 falls into the category for me.



    I read all the comics years ago.
    I feel bad for you. That is toddler level attention span if you can't just wait for all episodes to be out if you must binge
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I feel bad for you. That is toddler level attention span if you can't just wait for all episodes to be out if you must binge
    So I have the attention span to watch 10-13 hours straight but not an hour at a time over weeks? Hmm. Interesting.

    I am sure this series can be watched at a later date and the axis of the Earth will not change because I not returning weekly for the newest episode of a web series.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So I have the attention span to watch 10-13 hours straight but not an hour at a time over weeks? Hmm. Interesting.

    I am sure this series can be watched at a later date and the axis of the Earth will not change because I not returning weekly for the newest episode of a web series.
    Yeah you stare into the TV watching the correct combination of colors and shapes you like, like toddlers will watch paw patrol or muppets for hours on end but you switch the channel to the boring news and next minute they are sticking fingers into electrical sockets
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Next time say if it’s a comic book or tv spoiler please. I thought you were talking about the first 3 episodes of season 2 and so clicked it and yeah now it’s spoiled (although I did suspect something like that might happen based on the first 3 eps)
    You might be okay it’s already deviated so much from the comics which IMO is a good thing.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah you stare into the TV watching the correct combination of colors and shapes you like, like toddlers will watch paw patrol or muppets for hours on end but you switch the channel to the boring news and next minute they are sticking fingers into electrical sockets
    So I should not watch the news either because it is "boring"? As a mother of toddlers, I am pretty sure this is not common either.

    I don't know dude. You seem to have some strange notions to me.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So I should not watch the news either because it is "boring"? As a mother of toddlers, I am pretty sure this is not common either.

    I don't know dude. You seem to have some strange notions to me.
    No I'm saying toddlers don't watch the news. I'm not calling you a toddler. Just that you might suffer from a needy attention span like more and more adults living with smart phones/Internet etc. I'm not judging I feel bad for ya
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No I'm saying toddlers don't watch the news. I'm not calling you a toddler. Just that you might suffer from a needy attention span like more and more adults living with smart phones/Internet etc. I'm not judging I feel bad for ya
    Gotcha. Well, thanks for the sympathy. Hope it doesn't bum you out too much I am not watching the correct combination of colors and shapes on a weekly basis. I'll probably, like, do something else instead of watching television.


    Maybe read a newspaper. All at once. Haven't decided yet.

  9. #209
    Old God Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    10,429
    while I am not a huge binger, I really do not like this 3 show a week thing but I am used to doing this with Vikings, so I aint as mad :P

    Also loving the new series so far.

  10. #210
    Elemental Lord Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,221
    I wish I waited to watch the first 3. I drank too much whisky and now Im just sitting here waiting for another week to get 1 more hour.

    Weekly release is soooooooOOOOooooo fuckin 1990. . . . . Its not like anyone is going to cancel prime because they let us binge it. /GodDamUAmazon

  11. #211
    Anyone remember the last season of stranger things? Because that is prime example of what happens to your show when it's all released at once. People talk about it for 2 days and it's instantly forgotten
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  12. #212
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    40,070
    OK so I watched the few episodes and even the last couple of recent episodes just to find out what all the hub bub is about. The first season was pretty stupid from what I seen, mostly plays on the what if Super Heroes were assholes, meh, not my bag, but hay.

    Then there is this recent bullshit, honestly I don't hate or love this show, I think people are being silly, I will admit the last 2 Episodes are watched were refreshingly going new places, however the overall premise HARD PASS.

    As for people outrages LOL, kind of like GOT, fans should NOT always get what they want or expect, so in that vein, I think the writers and producers have done a great job.


    Oh and the time gating episodes is stupid, although as a business model it makes sense. I imagine if it works others will follow the same going forward in the near future.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    The first 3 dropped and after that its one a week followed by a movie.
    What movie?

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    What movie?
    They cut out a lot of scenes in episode 2, so they are making that into a special

  15. #215
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    21,810
    I havent read the comics

    I picked up on Stormfront's name and haircut when they first introduced her but didn't believe they were actually going with the whole bigot route because they hid.

    Not sure why it took me so long to see but Butcher is poor scuffed Australian Batman and Hughie is his Robin...Canary.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I havent read the comics

    I picked up on Stormfront's name and haircut when they first introduced her but didn't believe they were actually going with the whole bigot route because they hid.

    Not sure why it took me so long to see but Butcher is poor scuffed Australian Batman and Hughie is his Robin...Canary.
    Why australia?

    Karl Urban is New Zealand.

    And Hughie isnt Robin. He wants to be Batman but knows he isnt. Even though hes talented enough to be. Its different to batman/robin.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  17. #217
    The once a week thing is a bummer for sure, just wait for it all

  18. #218
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    21,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Why australia?

    Karl Urban is New Zealand.

    And Hughie isnt Robin. He wants to be Batman but knows he isnt. Even though hes talented enough to be. Its different to batman/robin.
    Listen I from 'Murcia. I'm just proud that I nailed the correct hemisphere.
    Also doesn't that describe a Robin?

    Side note on the whole one show a week thing. Not overly bummed or excited about it but I wish it meant showrunners wouldn't stick to typical episode lengths if warranted. Some of the bigger cable shows have done it, no excuse streamed shows to stick to one length (except for money of course). Disney sort of did it with Mando but all of those episodes were relatively short anyway.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Listen I from 'Murcia. I'm just proud that I nailed the correct hemisphere.
    Also doesn't that describe a Robin?

    Side note on the whole one show a week thing. Not overly bummed or excited about it but I wish it meant showrunners wouldn't stick to typical episode lengths if warranted. Some of the bigger cable shows have done it, no excuse streamed shows to stick to one length (except for money of course). Disney sort of did it with Mando but all of those episodes were relatively short anyway.
    Robin is thankful to batman for taking him in when his parents die in a circus accident.

    Hughie isnt thankful to Butcher because he lied to him to get him in. He used hughies girlfriends death against him to get a bug into vought. He used him essentially

    He also made him lie to starlight his now "second wind" aka love of his life. So he feels resentment towards butcher, which now in episode 3 is starting to reside because butcher showed he does care by stepping up for him vs homelander
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-09-09 at 08:51 AM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  20. #220
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    21,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Robin is thankful to batman for taking him in when his parents die in a circus accident.
    Batman had multiple Robins, and I don't just mean the same guy in different universes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •