Thread: The Boys

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Why does only one of them in the picture have a cone on his head?
    It’s the deep he can’t (likely can but won’t ) take off his diving helm so they gave him a cone hood which is pointed out right after the that panel is incredibly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Which is interesting - considering in the comics I think he is one of the nicer guys and didn't do to Annie what he did in the series.

Been watching a lot of youtube videos recent on the backstories, both in the series and in the comics. Next time I get the chance, gonna binge both seasons again
    In the comics, The Deep is like a deep-sea diver. If I recall correctly, Starlight performs oral sex on Homeland, Noir, and Lamplighter when she joins The Seven. There is that iconic cover of Starlight wiping her mouth.

No one interested in the entertainment business would ask Chace Crawford to cover his face. They made the right call on this version of The Deep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It’s the deep he can’t (likely can but won’t ) take off his diving helm so they gave him a cone hood which is pointed out right after the that panel is incredibly stupid.
    He can't remove it. The Helmet is a "curse" because he tried to steal Atlantis treasure or something.

I think the only really messed up part is The kid Ryan I do feel bad for him, that kids going to need some serious fucking therapy after that shit, I mean he is likely to need it anyways, but as much of a Vile POS Stormfront was, I would feel bad for any kid having to witness that kind of shit especially knowing he was responsible.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

I think the only really messed up part is The kid Ryan I do feel bad for him, that kids going to need some serious fucking therapy after that shit, I mean he is likely to need it anyways, but as much of a Vile POS Stormfront was, I would feel bad for any kid having to witness that kind of shit especially knowing he was responsible.
    If they go where I think they are going to go with this- that kid is already fucked beyond repair. And it will get worse...

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    He can't remove it. The Helmet is a "curse" because he tried to steal Atlantis treasure or something.
    Well ya but that’s likely all psychosomatic and he could take it off if he got past that as there’s no real magic or curses or any thing in the setting.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    as a european you just get tired of every series having these clear real world politics injected like "anti sjw" "anti right wing" "anti-trump"
    Shows imitating real life having real life issues. Strange indeed.

Nah not really how that works, I heard them use that excuse but I just think they chickened out. They'll bring her back either regenerated or augmented. Disturbing how popular she is. Not surprising but disturbing.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does only one of them in the picture have a cone on his head?
    That's The Deep in the comics. Can't take off his diving helmet. In that white outfit it makes him look like a member of the KKK.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Well ya but that’s likely all psychosomatic and he could take it off if he got past that as there’s no real magic or curses or any thing in the setting.
    That is why I wrote "curse". He's likely full of shit. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    not gonna lie, the reveal of the head popper really...... blew my mind!
    Tell me the pun was intended.

No one interested in the entertainment business would ask Chace Crawford to cover his face. They made the right call on this version of The Deep.
    They're not even the same character really. Ennis never took the character seriously and he almost never appears. Its one area where the show is better than the comic.

If they go where I think they are going to go with this- that kid is already fucked beyond repair. And it will get worse...
    Yeah, I can see what you mean, I thought that the whole point of getting him away from Homelander was about giving him a chance. Even as much as it was deserved IMO, I am guessing that image is going to be burned in his mind for a very long time without therapy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artale View Post
    That's The Deep in the comics. Can't take off his diving helmet. In that white outfit it makes him look like a member of the KKK.
    Hahaha yeah that is what I thought, but then I wondered why it was only one.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

From what I see so far, they made a ton of right decisions with this TV series (in regards of diverting from the comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Iflash View Post
    Wait, you are almost 7 episodes into the season and are only now realizing there's politics in the show? They literally had the Nazi character talk about the "war for the culture" and they show her spreading misinformation to a gullible base in order to cover up the stuff Homelander did. It's not really "sudden".
    Haha, i was thinking the same thing. It was so obvious to me a, there are a lot of allusions to our RL all the time.

Absolutely loved Stormfront being the personification of alt right and then get rejected wholesale at the end. They even had her bust out the term white genocide with a straight face. Not sure if the character is a white supremacist in the comics but even the name Stormfront is so on the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Absolutely loved Stormfront being the personification of alt right and then get rejected wholesale at the end. They even had her bust out the term white genocide with a straight face. Not sure if the character is a white supremacist in the comics but even the name Stormfront is so on the nose.
    In the comic Stormfront is an honest to god Nazi, born in the early 30's. Came to the US as part of operation paperclip, was the base genetics for Homelander.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    In the comic Stormfront is an honest to god Nazi, born in the early 30's. Came to the US as part of operation paperclip, was the base genetics for Homelander.
    Garth Ennis makes fun of superheroes sometimes.

In the comics, The Deep is like a deep-sea diver. If I recall correctly, Starlight performs oral sex on Homeland, Noir, and Lamplighter when she joins The Seven.
    In the comics it was Homelander, Noir, and A-Train, not Lamplighter.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    From what I see so far, they made a ton of right decisions with this TV series (in regards of diverting from the comics)
    Totally agree. The series has a lot more depth and complexity to it than the comic- which was all plot at times in place of characterization.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    They're not even the same character really. Ennis never took the character seriously and he almost never appears. Its one area where the show is better than the comic.
    Absolutely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    In the comics it was Homelander, Noir, and A-Train, not Lamplighter.
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the correction. Its been a long time. I read this in issues.

If you didnt know there is a 6 issue mini-series of The Boys called Dear Becky set some 10+ years after the main comic ended.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    yeah I hate what The Deep did but he's an interesting character and it'll be interesting to see what direction he goes in next season, as well as how it effects his friendship with A-Train... also going to be interesting to see what happens with Train too, it's likely Homelander would be pissed if he knew who outed his girlfriend
    The Deep is exactly how I would think Aquaman would feel if Justice League was in any way realistic.