Thread: The Boys

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nothing like this.
    Correct. Good start. Maybe now you'll quit talking about subjects you're clueless on and complete your transition into someone whose posts aren't totally wrong.

I am disappointed that Wee Hughie isn't played by Simon Pegg.

Simon Pegg has joined the cast of Amazon’s The Boys.

The actor, who was the inspiration for the look of the comic book’s Hughie, will play the role of the character’s dad, Hughie Sr., he announced via crashing the show’s New York Comic Con panel. Pegg will be a guest star in the first season.

Last edited by minkage; 2018-10-06 at 12:59 AM.

New trailer

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I remember reading these awesome/edgy comics and they were great.

From the trailers, this looks like total shit. It's gonna be kick-ass all over again.

I hope they leave section 8 alone.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2019-04-17 at 08:16 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I remember reading these awesome/edgy comics and they were great.

From the trailers, this movie looks like total shit. It's gonna be kick-ass all over again.
    Which was great.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Which was great.
    The movies? Not at all. They were god awful.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

New trailer and release date of the 26/7/19

10+ Year Old Account
    Always been a fan of Karl Urban so this will be worth checking out at least.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

First imprecations : I am enjoying it

Yeah, show's downright amazing. Cast and acting is on point, hilarious and edgy.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Best show i have seen in ages. It's been a very long time since i didn't get annoyed every 5 minutes by stupid behaviour in tv shows.

Comparing this vs the netflix marvel flicks (half of them i couldn't even finish) it's not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    This show is the best thing I have watched in a long time. While very disconnected from the comics I was hooked and binged all 8 episodes in one.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, another "Suicide Squad". God I hate these shows. Bunch of fucked up drug-head, ex-con, murderous psychopaths that we're supposed to root for as they go out and beat up, kill and otherwise do horrible things to some other terrible a-holes who probably deserve everything they get.

There's a reason folks like the super-hero genre. It shows a bunch of people with power, using their power for good. Because in reality when we look at people in power, we see them using their power for evil.

And don't try to tell me that's not what we're gonna see, the movie just cast Karl Urban and you've got a character named "Billy Butcher". Jesus.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Ugh, another "Suicide Squad". God I hate these shows. Bunch of fucked up drug-head, ex-con, murderous psychopaths that we're supposed to root for as they go out and beat up, kill and otherwise do horrible things to some other terrible a-holes who probably deserve everything they get.

There's a reason folks like the super-hero genre. It shows a bunch of people with power, using their power for good. Because in reality when we look at people in power, we see them using their power for evil.

And don't try to tell me that's not what we're gonna see, the movie just cast Karl Urban and you've got a character named "Billy Butcher". Jesus.
    That's a seriously half-assed assessment of this show. Just finished it up and it was very good and worth the watch. I didnt get any sort of Suicide Squad vibes from it at all (which is great because that movie was f'n terrible).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm watching it now, at ep 4 and it's amazing. I am very slightly miffed though that they have no troubles showing full frontal nudity for men, but not even ass for women...

Holy fuck that ending crushed me...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2019-07-28 at 05:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I'm watching it now, at ep 4 and it's amazing. I am very slightly miffed though that they have no troubles showing full frontal nudity for men, but not even ass for women...

Holy fuck that ending crushed me...
    I saw my share of way too many dongs while binge watching. lol.

I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Much much better than the current DC material on TV/big screen, lol

About halfway through, have read the comic. It could have been what the haters in the thread think it is, but the people making the show are talented so instead it is an engaging, well acted, visually interesting show.