Thread: The Boys

Are you telling me that whole storyline with Cindy in the previous season was to soft launch a spinoff?

I think that The Boys is gonna get tiresome if they go the Walking Dead route of spinning off shows. The trailer was meh, IMO.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they should have put more effort into making season 3 suck less instead of starting a spinoff show that no one asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I think that The Boys is gonna get tiresome if they go the Walking Dead route of spinning off shows. The trailer was meh, IMO.
    Yeah, I'm not sure this spin-off can be half as interesting as The Boys without Butcher, Homelander or anyone from the "main cast"

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I dunno if that deserves its own topic (didn't find it if it already exists), but Amazon has shown the first teaser of the The Boys spin-off : Gen V
    Seeing Perdomo and Sinclair from Chilling Adventures was all I need to give this show a shot.

The music and editing of that trailer are just sending teenage drama vibes with some The Boys make up slapped onto it. Feels like it's gonna be a generic teenage show tbh... but who knows.
    Then again, the Title "Gen V" already sent that vibe, so I guess this just reinforces it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure this spin-off can be half as interesting as The Boys without Butcher, Homelander or anyone from the "main cast"
    Literally the only character I recognized was Ashley and she is quite possibly the most obnoxious character in the series.

September 29 So far away

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diabolical is actually a pretty entertaining animated series of episodes. The first couple in particular are really good, though the one produced by Awkwafina I thought was shite. The last episode was good because it diverted from the crass humor of the franchise, kept some of the crazy brutality but told a story in a style more akin to a Japanese or Korean anime.

Hmm -- doesn't look like they're toning down the violence in the spin-off. Hopefully they can land the sense of humor and social commentary aspect from the OG series without being too stereotypically YA-ish. I'll be checking it out for sure.