Thread: The Boys

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    how the fuck are you supposed to know that with some random person you're hooking up with?
    Are you seriously asking how you can possibly avoid raping someone? And you want to be taken seriously?

If you can't tell if they're openly and honestly consenting, why are you pushing them to have sex with you? That's already a problem.

And if he just asks someone if they want to have sex with him, and that's the whole conversation, and they say yes without expressing any emotions of fear, how is that his problem?
    Because he's not ensuring that she's freely consenting. If you can't be sure, you shouldn't be pushing them for sex.

How is this hard to understand? Stop hunting for the plausible deniability where you can get away with raping someone. Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    This thread sure took a weird turn. Defending a fictional rapist is a new one to me.
    People gotta win. Even if all they win is second hand embarrassment cause they defended a tangent from someone who clearly doesn't understand consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Are you seriously asking how you can possibly avoid raping someone? And you want to be taken seriously?

If you can't tell if they're openly and honestly consenting, why are you pushing them to have sex with you? That's already a problem.

Because he's not ensuring that she's freely consenting. If you can't be sure, you shouldn't be pushing them for sex.

How is this hard to understand? Stop hunting for the plausible deniability where you can get away with raping someone. Christ.
    okay keep being dense my guy lmao

Did all of you SERIOUSLY have an 8 page conversation about rape from a dude that we know could kill you in the flick of the finger.

Annnnyyyyyyy way, I would like to steer the convo back to the series, and discuss, Homelander as the weapon created by humans to protect humans and all he does is slaughter humans.

I am really curious how season 4 will go now. He has the total adoration of the people, the ego the size of Saturn, and the power to destroy the planet in 30 seconds with a beam to the center of the earth, How the fuck can you kill this guy, when 3 supes and 2 demi-supes can't do anything to him.

I mean in the comics, it was Black Noir(the clone of Homelander) who killed him and took on his persona. Noir is spilling his guts on the floor "literally", Maven is out, fuck Starlight(not a bad idea), and Butcher is dead in a few months. Perhaps Edgar has a super secret serum that will de-power homelander....

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

its not possible to ever be sure. they could always be lying. stop ignoring all possible context to suit your own agenda. his scenario in no way shape or form would be rape.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    okay keep being dense my guy lmao
    at this point he has to just be trolling

I dunno if that deserves its own topic (didn't find it if it already exists), but Amazon has shown the first teaser of the The Boys spin-off : Gen V

Are you telling me that whole storyline with Cindy in the previous season was to soft launch a spinoff?

I think that The Boys is gonna get tiresome if they go the Walking Dead route of spinning off shows. The trailer was meh, IMO.

Titan
    Maybe they should have put more effort into making season 3 suck less instead of starting a spinoff show that no one asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I think that The Boys is gonna get tiresome if they go the Walking Dead route of spinning off shows. The trailer was meh, IMO.
    Yeah, I'm not sure this spin-off can be half as interesting as The Boys without Butcher, Homelander or anyone from the "main cast"

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I dunno if that deserves its own topic (didn't find it if it already exists), but Amazon has shown the first teaser of the The Boys spin-off : Gen V
    Seeing Perdomo and Sinclair from Chilling Adventures was all I need to give this show a shot.

The music and editing of that trailer are just sending teenage drama vibes with some The Boys make up slapped onto it. Feels like it's gonna be a generic teenage show tbh... but who knows.
    Then again, the Title "Gen V" already sent that vibe, so I guess this just reinforces it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure this spin-off can be half as interesting as The Boys without Butcher, Homelander or anyone from the "main cast"
    Literally the only character I recognized was Ashley and she is quite possibly the most obnoxious character in the series.