Thread: The Boys

Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I didn't even know there was a comic until I went to work the following Monday after binging it over a weekend and a colleague told me.

You don't need to know anything beforehand.
    Perfect. I'll check it out over the weekend. Thanks
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    New season dropped a little early.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    New season dropped a little early.
    is it out already!?

What a day! What a glorious day! Been waiting for season 2. Loved season 1.

Looks like first two eps are out
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Watched all 3 new episodes but i hate having to wait a week for a new episode.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I'll be waiting for all episodes to be out personally.

... They didn't release all episodes at the same time?

Boooo! Gonna have to wait until its out in its entirety then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    ... They didn't release all episodes at the same time?

Boooo! Gonna have to wait until its out in its entirety then.
    I think a lot of streaming services are starting to do that now. That way they can make people stay subbed for longer if they want to watch them as they come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I think a lot of streaming services are starting to do that now. That way they can make people stay subbed for longer if they want to watch them as they come out.
    /shakesfist

But do most people even have prime because of the videos?

Oh well. Guess I have to wait like everyone else. /cry

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Damn, im currently watching 2nd episode, never checked if they released entire season.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Yeah binge watching is the best. Still, the wait will be worth it

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Will they release 3 at once or just one by one? Btw so far really good.

The first 3 dropped and after that its one a week followed by a movie.

Watched the first 3 and its pretty good. Left myself wishing i had skipped over 90% of the scenes with Homelander in tho.

big meh really. I remember last season fading out, the pacing is all off. its slow and feels fillery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    That's a plus and a reason to go ahead and do it is also based on viewing habits and generating buzz.

When you dump an entire series people feel compelled and overwhelmed to watch the entire series in one go. You might say they choose to slog l through the series on their own even if watching it that way is not enjoyable for them...but you overestimate common sense. But people also feel like they have to sit through the whole thing so they can talk about it with others, fear of being left out, not wanting to be spoiled, all of that. People actually write to the companies saying there's too much content at once.

The companies listen because they get something out of it, longer subs. Though Prime Video is sort addon to Amazon Prime and with other services people sub and forgot so it doesn't matter - that's why places offer free trials because people forget to turn them off for a few months.

3 at a good time feels good for me because that's my attention span. Pretty sure a lot of people can watch more in one sitting.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    That's a plus and a reason to go ahead and do it is also based on viewing habits and generating buzz.

When you dump an entire series people feel compelled and overwhelmed to watch the entire series in one go. You might say they choose to slog l through the series on their own even if watching it that way is not enjoyable for them...but you overestimate common sense. But people also feel like they have to sit through the whole thing so they can talk about it with others, fear of being left out, not wanting to be spoiled, all of that. People actually write to the companies saying there's too much content at once.

The companies listen because they get something out of it, longer subs. Though Prime Video is sort addon to Amazon Prime and with other services people sub and forgot so it doesn't matter - that's why places offer free trials because people forget to turn them off for a few months.

3 at a good time feels good for me because that's my attention span. Pretty sure a lot of people can watch more in one sitting.
    Counter point
    Streaming services have been using the notion of binging a series as selling point to get us away from using cable. I find its a case of Pavlov's dog reaction. At this point its learned behaviour and now they want to go back to the old ways of releasing it weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    big meh really. I remember last season fading out, the pacing is all off. its slow and feels fillery.
    Get used to that.
    They'll have to diverge from the source material sooner or later. or did Homelander already kill Queen Maeve?

Episode 3 is quite a big step up in quality.

The development of Butcher and Hughie was great. Doesnt feel contrived when that arc could have easily been cheesy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Get used to that.
    They'll have to diverge from the source material sooner or later. or did Homelander already kill Queen Maeve?
    People only care about the TV show. Take your comic book spoilers and shove it jerk.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

I agree I'm not huge on the binge format. I feel like week to week (or even batches of episodes, like this) let you linger, let you theorize about the show, and get you more invested in it. That's the glory of week-to-week.

Binging leaves you with less knowledge of actual plot and characterization, which can hurt if the show is fairly intricate.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Get used to that.
    Next time say if it’s a comic book or tv spoiler please. I thought you were talking about the first 3 episodes of season 2 and so clicked it and yeah now it’s spoiled (although I did suspect something like that might happen based on the first 3 eps)