Thread: The Boys

Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the latest episode did a great job of showing just how dangerous and messed up Kimiko is... literally ripping the blokes face off! nice touch stabbing another guy with a gun too. I can see the violence putting a lot of people off but in this show the over the top nature works well to highlight just how out of their depths the 'heroes' are and what superpowers could really do
    I always wondered what Superman would be like if he had a personality, now we know what he'd be like if he had a personality disorder

almost felt sorry for A-Train too

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    the latest episode did a great job of showing just how dangerous and messed up Kimiko is... literally ripping the blokes face off! nice touch stabbing another guy with a gun too. I can see the violence putting a lot of people off but in this show the over the top nature works well to highlight just how out of their depths the 'heroes' are and what superpowers could really do
    I always wondered what Superman would be like if he had a personality, now we know what he'd be like if he had a personality disorder

almost felt sorry for A-Train too
    You should read the Injustice series.

This episode felt very filler-y to me. No progress at all, and I don't need to see Stormfront's side-ass at all. Maybe it's what the character is supposed to represent, but I find her repulsive.

Thinking about it, Starlight is whoa, so it's probably about what they represent.

oh I dunno, I think we saw some pretty significant stuff. Maeve has finally decided to act against Homelander and that led to The Deep having some purpose again. we've also seen that Black Noir has a direct connection to Mr Edgar, very much unlike the rest of The Seven (subtle, but I suspect relevant)
    and Stormfront has done a wonderful job of manipulating Homelander, potentially avoiding or postponing what seemed an inevitable evil vs evil battle for control. tough call which of them is worse, one hates everyone with a different skin colour and the other hates everyone who isn't totally devoted to his ego

Not seen it yet, tried to watch it... Error trying to play Season 1 Episode 1 on Amazon...

Nice one Amazon Prime! -.-;

oh I dunno, I think we saw some pretty significant stuff. Maeve has finally decided to act against Homelander and that led to The Deep having some purpose again. we've also seen that Black Noir has a direct connection to Mr Edgar, very much unlike the rest of The Seven (subtle, but I suspect relevant)
    and Stormfront has done a wonderful job of manipulating Homelander, potentially avoiding or postponing what seemed an inevitable evil vs evil battle for control. tough call which of them is worse, one hates everyone with a different skin colour and the other hates everyone who isn't totally devoted to his ego
    Agreed. I also liked Billy's wobble. That clip of Homelander, his sarcastic "oooh" before he lasers that guy was brilliant. He is on a downward spiral and I think this episode did a good job of continuing this, ultimately forcing him to swallow some of his pride and turn to Stormfront. I think Anthony Starr's performances have been brilliant. He really sells the idea of someone losing his grip. I also liked them taking aim at the way the corporate world often tackles issues of diversity and how shallow and hollow it often is. Not only do we see Maeve being pushed over the edge, she takes Deep with her, and it looks like something could happen with A-Train as he has been given a major grievance against Vought. I enjoyed the scenes with Kimiko, I thought the acting with her and Frenchie was spot on, she is wracked with pain and guilt and wants to destroy some stuff to feel better, Frenchie losing hope as he tries and for the time being fails to stop her descent, I loved the emotion in the church scene when he tells her to go be a monster.

I wonder with Stormfront and Homelander if she was perhaps filming certain aspects of her encounter and will #metoo him by releasing a heavily edited video of their encounter, or at least making it and holding it over Homelanders head, his reputation is already sliding, people are more ready to see the bad in him, this would be the last thing he needs. Her being social media savvy and shady, it is a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think Stormfront is playing, totally playing, Homelander.

Finding Season 2 to be a bit meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Not seen it yet, tried to watch it... Error trying to play Season 1 Episode 1 on Amazon...

Nice one Amazon Prime! -.-;
    Spotify and Amazon Prime have to be the worst written apps for TV. They lag and are so unresponsive (LG B9).
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Episode did feel kind of like a filler to me, but that's not to say it was full of 'lore'. Lots of some of character personality development for people who are into it, which I don't mind but works better when you can binge everything at once.

If someone said they were pressed for time its one you can skip.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I thought the last episode was worth it just for the fuck pig.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    You should read the Injustice series.
    Nah, if you dysfunctional Superman, I don't think anything will come close to Maximortal.

- - - Updated - - -

Caught up with Season 2. I have a few misgivings as a fan of the comic although I shouldn't compare the two after what happened at the end of Season 1. I kind of like the Stormfront alteration. She reminds me somewhat of some of the concern trolls who post in the Politics forums. They'll claim they're for the people but what they want is something for themselves which is radically different.

There's one thing that did annoy me. Here's what actually killed MM's father. The corporate battlecry:
    "You're right, we're wrong, so sue us."

It could be just me, but i find there was alot of explanation of billy’s brother, i know that its to compare hughie to him.

But i have a feeling that black noire is billie’s brother, she says he died, but it seems like so personal from him and billy.

Again i may be just over looking into things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddeamon86 View Post
    It could be just me, but i find there was alot of explanation of billy’s brother, i know that its to compare hughie to him.

But i have a feeling that black noire is billie’s brother, she says he died, but it seems like so personal from him and billy.

Again i may be just over looking into things.
    Not even close.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Not even close.
    just because it wasn't the case in the comics doesn't mean it won't be in the TV show. I did get that feeling myself during the episode, but after the Mr Edgar call I wonder if it wasn't so much personal as just an assignment

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Caught up with Season 2. I have a few misgivings as a fan of the comic although I shouldn't compare the two after what happened at the end of Season 1.
    I'll admit I'm not a big comic fan so my opinion may not carry much weight, but I'm glad they're doing some stuff different in the show. from what I've read MM is very different in the comics with what sounds like a batshit crazy power of actually drinking his mothers breastmilk to turn into a Supe?! even if we're talking bottled, I don't see it working in TV. Homelander drinking a dead womans stored breastmilk fits because he's a creep, MM drinking it as a (safer?) substitute to Compound V though...

besides, when an adaptation follows the source material too strictly it can become too predictable for fans of both. of course there are plenty of examples of adaptations that veered too far away from source material too...

I'll admit I'm not a big comic fan so my opinion may not carry much weight, but I'm glad they're doing some stuff different in the show. from what I've read MM is very different in the comics with what sounds like a batshit crazy power of actually drinking his mothers breastmilk to turn into a Supe?! even if we're talking bottled, I don't see it working in TV. Homelander drinking a dead womans stored breastmilk fits because he's a creep, MM drinking it as a (safer?) substitute to Compound V though...

besides, when an adaptation follows the source material too strictly it can become too predictable for fans of both. of course there are plenty of examples of adaptations that veered too far away from source material too...
    An adaptation should show certain things. They more or less decided that the Boys shouldn't have super powers on TV. In the comics all of them had it. Butcher, Frenchie, Hughie and Mallory were all given shots of refined Compound V. Considering the trajectory of the TV show its ok they opted for something different.

The Female got her powers differently in the comics but the TV show is an interesting lateral change.

MM being powerless on TV is a huge mistake however. MM, his parents and his brother were all harmed by Vought's negligence. Their story is one of how large corporations grind down the powerless.

His father was a self taught lawyer and picked up his legal skills in prison. He used them to legally fight his way out of prison. His mother worked at a Vought factory and was accidentally infected with Compound V. When MM was supposed to be weaned he stated to shrivel and almost died. Putting him back on breast milk fixed him. He can't actually survive without it. MM having useful super powers is just a side effect. After this his father started a series of lawsuits against Vought and after a severe amount of work he won. Shortly after winning though his brother's "powers" surfaced and it effectively killed him. His dad started another lawsuit but the work killed him. His mom gives up at that point and MM joins the military to pay for his mom's bills.

Well the boys already have the female and starlight helping them, so thats two supes already.

And the fact hughie/starlight saved A-train and as another poster said its possible a team up of maeve and A-train vs Homelander/Stormfront looks like where we are heading.

So thats a lot of supes on the "boys" even if not directly in the group. The characters of butcher/hughie set up on the TV show dont seem like the type to start taking compound V. By season 3/4/5 maybe who knows. But for now nah no way
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new episode (6) is fucking lit. Easily the best episode of the seaon, by a mile.

If I was Homelander, the first question I would have had was "what do you mean by our race?"

Quote Originally Posted by winter blossom View Post
    haven’t watched the latest episode yet
    lazer my titz!!!

I fucking lost it when they revealed that Iceman was playing Pyro.