Thread: The Boys

Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I fucking lost it when they revealed that Iceman was playing Pyro.
    Kinda but he's supposed to be the Green Lantern of the team and then replaced with another Light based hero Starlight.

They name dropped a bunch of heroes from the comic in this episode.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Kinda but he's supposed to be the Green Lantern of the team and then replaced with another Light based hero Starlight.
    His powers seem to be a carbon copy so far. Shawn Ashmore is a hilarious casting for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    His powers seem to be a carbon copy so far. Shawn Ashmore is a hilarious casting for that.
    The Seven is based on the Justice League
    Homelander is Superman.
    Queen Maeve is Wonder Women.
    Black Noir is Batman
    The Deep is Aquaman
    A-train replaced Mister Marathon, they are The Flash of the team.
    Starlight replaced Lamplighter, the Green Lanterns of the team.
    Translucent was the Martian Manhunter of the team. Fun fact in the comic there isnt a Translucent but there is a Jack from Jupiter.

So yes his powers are carbon based but its a pop at Green Lantern carrying a lantern around or in his case a massive edgy looking staff.

I love parodies of both the comics and movies

I preferred vomit guy and penis man. Shame they got killed off
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Penis guy was Love Sausage an Easter egg from the comic.

Decent episode. Someone (Starlight) finally called Butcher out on his supe hatred and how little sense it makes, and resembles bigotry more than anything else. I think the conversation would have eventually gone to the "Supes are just humans (with a lot of power), you gotta judge them on a case by case basis" if they weren't interrupted.

Lamplighter being back was great. Being played by Iceman's actor was something I picked up on too, and thought was a bit funny, lol. He was merely considered "retired" in s1, right, not dead? Did they (Vought) ever give an official reason for that retirement?

As for the poster who said Homelander's first question should have been "What race are you talking about?" I think he knows. She literally showed him pictures of her with Himmler and Goebbels and getting married in front of a swastika. Homelander is not dumb.

I have to say, I appreciate the artistic choice to just watch Homelander seething in his trailer, and the next time you see him, his trailer is just utterly destroyed and he passes it off as an electrical fire. You don't need to show the wanton destruction, you just need to show his inability to contain his rage in the buildup.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    MM getting strangled by the penis man was the highlight of the episode for me

Penis guy was Love Sausage an Easter egg from the comic.
    Ahh so thats why they said "that guys got a lot of sausage".

Nice
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    MM getting strangled by the penis man was the highlight of the episode for me
    Aye, super dick choking MM was brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Curious how Stormfront's Nazi plan is supposed to have worked. Mr. Edgar is the head of the company and obviously isn't white yet seems in league with her, and they have given compound V to supes like A Train who also aren't white.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Curious how Stormfront's Nazi plan is supposed to have worked. Mr. Edgar is the head of the company and obviously isn't white yet seems in league with her, and they have given compound V to supes like A Train who also aren't white.
    The Nazis weren't above working with other races as long as they were the ones in charge or as a means to an end.

Pretty sure Edgar is only around because he is currently useful.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The Nazis weren't above working with other races as long as they were the ones in charge or as a means to an end.

Pretty sure Edgar is only around because he is currently useful.
    We also still don't know the significance of "It's a coup from the inside". They're probably all scheming against each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Deliberate, yes. Genuine, no.

I think she’s using him, and making him not see her as a threat. I’m not buying the “I’m desperate for a life partner” shit she’s selling. She wants someone with enough power to help her do her bidding.
    My guess is, since Madelyn Stillwell is out of the picture, Vought needed a new babysitter for Homelander, and Stan Edgar called Liberty out of retirement (or whatever she has been doing all this time) to keep him in check. Without someone keeping Homelander subdued, he would likely flip his lid and destroy everything. While she is definitely a Nazi, she is also quite in control and conscious of what she does. She doesn't need someone to hide her crimes as much as other "Heroes". She is very careful. Quite a perfect person to teach and watch over Homelander.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    My guess is, since Madelyn Stillwell is out of the picture, Vought needed a new babysitter for Homelander, and Stan Edgar called Liberty out of retirement (or whatever she has been doing all this time) to keep him in check. Without someone keeping Homelander subdued, he would likely flip his lid and destroy everything. While she is definitely a Nazi, she is also quite in control and conscious of what she does. She doesn't need someone to hide her crimes as much as other "Heroes". She is very careful. Quite a perfect person to teach and watch over Homelander.
    I don't think she is actually in league with Vought, the board that runs the company that is. They might have planted her there to keep Homelander in check but flirting with him is not part of their agenda. For all they know there wasn't a deep connection between Homelander and Stillwell, she was just his manager and maybe there was office gossip about them hooking up.

Stormfront's romance with Homelander is of her own agenda supplant Vought's board. I kind of believe there's some actual connection between her and Homelander too. Of course she is using him but also doesn't mean she isn't interested/enjoying their fling. Like she said, she has nothing left in the world but her Nazi agenda - Homelander represents a means to achieve meet her agenda so she is drawn to him because of that. He checks off her bosses.

Tall, blonde, powerful, ruthless, eugenics loving fascists. Once she saw all of that in him, she practically found her dream guy. Doesn't mean she wouldn't kick him to the curve if necessary but feeling makes sense, as much as two self-centered egoistical people can have for one another.

I actually think they would be good storytelling. For the two near invincible people with similar interests be each other's kryptonite eventually leading to their downfall.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I really liked about episode 6 so the conflict and resolution between Frenchie and Lamplighter. That was a lot of character development and storytelling for this show, especially in the amount of time they did it in. It takes some high profile shows have a season to run an arc like that and still miss the mark.

Starlight and Butcher kind of bothered me though. I can see Butcher cooperating with her but not backing down so quickly. The man isn't with his wife who 95% of what he does is for because they both knew he could never accept her Supe son. He was ready to kill Kimiko even though had proven to a valuable asset living among them. Be put a bullet in Starlight's chest. No way he is suddenly cool with her, Hughie bleeding out or not. I think the story about Lenny was supposed to be enough to convince the audience...but I'm not.

A Trains rap song was hilarious.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-09-28 at 04:08 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Spotify and Amazon Prime have to be the worst written apps for TV. They lag and are so unresponsive (LG B9).
    Disney + says hello.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a bad show, but I think I am done, not because I hate it, but kind of like GOT, I am well out of silly What is Superheros were Evil, wanted to have sex with their siblings, content.

- - - Updated - - -

The Seven is based on the Justice League
    Homelander is Superman.
    Queen Maeve is Wonder Women.
    Black Noir is Batman
    The Deep is Aquaman
    A-train replaced Mister Marathon, they are The Flash of the team.
    Starlight replaced Lamplighter, the Green Lanterns of the team.
    Translucent was the Martian Manhunter of the team. Fun fact in the comic there isnt a Translucent but there is a Jack from Jupiter.

So yes his powers are carbon based but its a pop at Green Lantern carrying a lantern around or in his case a massive edgy looking staff.

I love parodies of both the comics and movies
    I think this pretty much Nails it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Disney + says hello.
    To be honest, the only streaming service whose UI I like, tv or web browser, is netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    To be honest, the only streaming service whose UI I like, tv or web browser, is netflix.
    I agree, but they have also been in the game the longest. I just cannot believe how Disney could release such a shit product, nothing but non stop buffering and going back 1-2 minutes. Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu all work perfectly fine.

I agree, but they have also been in the game the longest. I just cannot believe how Disney could release such a shit product, nothing but non stop buffering and going back 1-2 minutes. Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu all work perfectly fine.
    The problem I have with disney+ is the continuity of the episodes. Like I'll be watching episode 10, turn it off, come back in a few hours and it will put me at episode 5. Or If I turn it off during the end credits it will resume from there next time instead of the next episode. Watching on the web browser and then watching later on a TV seem to make it worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disney + says hello.
    oh bloody hell I forgot that since I unsubed. I swear it runs at 10fps with 5000ms delays... load of shit lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yeah Netflix on TV is great and YouTube but that's given.
    -K