Thread: The Boys

Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    as a european you just get tired of every series having these clear real world politics injected like "anti sjw" "anti right wing" "anti-trump"
    Well, most major series and films are American products and these are the issues of the day.

Seems reasonable and required. Do you think a writer in Burbank is going to write a series about nothing but the plot?

Nothing exists in a vacuum. Context is everything.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    not gonna lie, the reveal of the head popper really...... blew my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I think it's coo Urban has found success with this show. He is a good actor, a funny person, and seems to be an overall cool and easy-going dude IRL. I wish he would have gotten more recognition for Dredd, but such is life.
    Dredd was awesome, this is one of those I preach a little about to people, an under appreciated gem.

Karl Urban just looks like he is having a great time playing the role of Billy Butcher. It comes through in his performance, which is exceptional. As someone who says cunt a lot, he is like my spirit animal in a way. Him and Anthony Starr pretty much steal every scene they are in for me.

- - - Updated - - -

as a european you just get tired of every series having these clear real world politics injected like "anti sjw" "anti right wing" "anti-trump"
    Not quite sure why being a European is relevant, I am too, and I don't really see the problem. This show was always political in nature, it doesn't just satire popular culture and corporate culture, but also political culture (which is often joined heavily with the other two). People have been making commentary on political/cultural tribalism for as long as there has been art. It has always been with us, I don't see the issue with exploring it, especially when new technology comes into play, the same old problem in a different setting. Also not sure why Europeans should be especially bothered by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Bit on the fringe here, but I'm about The Deep. I would dig more of this washed up (lmao I kill myself) and out of touch dude. He's very charismatic despite being a piece of shit.

yeah I hate what The Deep did but he's an interesting character and it'll be interesting to see what direction he goes in next season, as well as how it effects his friendship with A-Train... also going to be interesting to see what happens with Train too, it's likely Homelander would be pissed if he knew who outed his girlfriend

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Normal V just changes the brain chemistry, the modified version popped heads.

Butcher had the head popping V refined even further and was lethal to any supe, his plan was to set off a series of 150 bombs. Which would make the stuff airborne killing anyone with a hint of V in them, then it would enter the food chain killing the people that missed the gas.
    Ah I must have forgot the details then.

- - - Updated - - -

yes comparing action with a literal politcal serie is ofcourse the same
    Wait did you think a show about evil capitalist super hero’s with the lead who is named homelander who wears an American flag wouldn’t be political?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Which is interesting - considering in the comics I think he is one of the nicer guys and didn't do to Annie what he did in the series.

Been watching a lot of youtube videos recent on the backstories, both in the series and in the comics. Next time I get the chance, gonna binge both seasons again
    In the comic the deep is pretty much a Visual gag who does nothing. For example at the end he gets put in a klan hood/condom esc costume Because he can’t/won’t take off the diving helm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahaha Looks like the Nazi Racist Bitch Stormfront got turned into a Post Toasty LOL. Kind of lame the writers wussed out and let her live.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Hahahahaha Looks like the Nazi Racist Bitch Stormfront got turned into a Post Toasty LOL. Kind of lame the writers wussed out and let her live.
    She'd be better off dead I think. Immortal disgraced supe that can't fight back? That screams locked in a basement and experimented on/drained/tortured.

yes comparing action with a literal politcal serie is ofcourse the same
    Its not an action series. Its a political satire. Always has been. Hell the politics within The Boys is more accurate than House of Cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artale View Post
    She'd be better off dead I think. Immortal disgraced supe that can't fight back? That screams locked in a basement and experimented on/drained/tortured.
    Nah not really how that works, I heard them use that excuse but I just think they chickened out. They'll bring her back either regenerated or augmented. Disturbing how popular she is. Not surprising but disturbing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Ah I must have forgot the details then.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait did you think a show about evil capitalist super hero’s with the lead who is named homelander who wears an American flag wouldn’t be political?

- - - Updated - - -

In the comic the deep is pretty much a Visual gag who does nothing. For example at the end he gets put in a klan hood/condom esc costume Because he can’t/won’t take off the diving helm.

Why does only one of them in the picture have a cone on his head?

No way, dude. Have to keep that character and actor around. No producer in their right mind would throw that away.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way, dude. Have to keep that character and actor around. No producer in their right mind would throw that away.
    Bling Bling $$$$$$

7+ Year Old Account
    It’s the deep he can’t (likely can but won’t ) take off his diving helm so they gave him a cone hood which is pointed out right after the that panel is incredibly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Which is interesting - considering in the comics I think he is one of the nicer guys and didn't do to Annie what he did in the series.

Been watching a lot of youtube videos recent on the backstories, both in the series and in the comics. Next time I get the chance, gonna binge both seasons again
    In the comics, The Deep is like a deep-sea diver. If I recall correctly, Starlight performs oral sex on Homeland, Noir, and Lamplighter when she joins The Seven. There is that iconic cover of Starlight wiping her mouth.

No one interested in the entertainment business would ask Chace Crawford to cover his face. They made the right call on this version of The Deep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It’s the deep he can’t (likely can but won’t ) take off his diving helm so they gave him a cone hood which is pointed out right after the that panel is incredibly stupid.
    He can't remove it. The Helmet is a "curse" because he tried to steal Atlantis treasure or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only really messed up part is The kid Ryan I do feel bad for him, that kids going to need some serious fucking therapy after that shit, I mean he is likely to need it anyways, but as much of a Vile POS Stormfront was, I would feel bad for any kid having to witness that kind of shit especially knowing he was responsible.

I think the only really messed up part is The kid Ryan I do feel bad for him, that kids going to need some serious fucking therapy after that shit, I mean he is likely to need it anyways, but as much of a Vile POS Stormfront was, I would feel bad for any kid having to witness that kind of shit especially knowing he was responsible.
    If they go where I think they are going to go with this- that kid is already fucked beyond repair. And it will get worse...

7+ Year Old Account
    He can't remove it. The Helmet is a "curse" because he tried to steal Atlantis treasure or something.
    Well ya but that’s likely all psychosomatic and he could take it off if he got past that as there’s no real magic or curses or any thing in the setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shows imitating real life having real life issues. Strange indeed.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

3+ Year Old Account
    Nah not really how that works, I heard them use that excuse but I just think they chickened out. They'll bring her back either regenerated or augmented. Disturbing how popular she is. Not surprising but disturbing.

- - - Updated - - -

That's The Deep in the comics. Can't take off his diving helmet. In that white outfit it makes him look like a member of the KKK.