Thread: The Boys

Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's the literal definition of coercion. What you're describing is literally go-to-prison rape, legally-speaking. It's gross and weird to be defending it.
    so if i come up to you in a bar,buy you a drink,hit on you,and you for whatever reason only you know,are afraid of me,and have sex with me...thats...my fault?wow...good thing the law doesnt actualy work like that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The hell? If you do a thing only because you fear consequences if you don't, you did not do the thing voluntarily. Sex without consent = rape. Get your head straight buddy.
    sex is a 2 way street champ,how am i suposed to know whats in your head?you doing one thing but thinking another isnt my fault,how is this a rational way of thinking?jesus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    do if i come up to you in a bar,buy you a drink,hit on you,and you for whatever reason only you know,are afraid of me,and have sex with me...thats...my fault?wow...good thing the law doesnt actualy work like that
    Literally describing rape. And yes; you'd get charged in that kind of a circumstance; the only question at that point is evidence to prove the circumstances beyond a reasonable doubt. Like any crime, so that's not a unique factor here. Let's say the girl you're intimidating is panickedly texting her friend about how scared she is and then she leaves with you, that'd be enough to make the case.

The only consent is affirmative consent. A girl passively letting it happen without resistance is literally what rape can look like.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-08-18 at 03:02 AM.

so if i come up to you in a bar,buy you a drink,hit on you,and you for whatever reason only you know,are afraid of me,and have sex with me...thats...my fault?wow...good thing the law doesnt actualy work like that

- - - Updated - - -

sex is a 2 way street champ,how am i suposed to know whats in your head?you doing one thing but thinking another isnt my fault,how is this a rational way of thinking?jesus
    Please stay home if you have problems understanding the concept of rape. Please, please stay home.

Literally describing rape. And yes; you'd get charged in that kind of a circumstance; the only question at that point is evidence to prove the circumstances beyond a reasonable doubt. Like any crime, so that's not a unique factor here. Let's say the girl you're intimidating is panickedly texting her friend about how scared she is and then she leaves with you, that'd be enough to make the case.
    what intimidation took place?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Please stay home if you have problems understanding the concept of rape. Please, please stay home.
    seriously,whats wrong with you people?how is it a crime if one person has an irational fear of someone and does something they dont want,but dont SAY THEY DONT

10+ Year Old Account
    what intimidation took place?
    The example was a girl who's too afraid of you to resist.

That's literally intimidation. Stop shifting goalposts maliciously to play defense for rapists.

The example was a girl who's too afraid of you to resist.

That's literally intimidation. Stop shifting goalposts maliciously to play defense for rapists.
    Wait,so a person being irationaly afraid of me is me intimidating them?

10+ Year Old Account
    seriously,whats wrong with you people?how is it a crime if one person has an irational fear of someone and does something they dont want,but dont SAY THEY DONT
    Because expressing an explicit lack of consent is not the requirement. Active, affirmative consent is required. This is why if you rape an unconscious girl, even though she didn't fight back and never told you "no", it's still frickin' rape. This isn't complicated and it's frankly kind of horrifying you don't understand this.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-08-18 at 03:08 AM.

Because expressing an explicitly lack of consent is not the requirement. Active, affirmative consent is required. This is why if you rape an unconscious girl, even though she didn't fight back and never told you "no", it's still frickin' rape. This isn't complicated and it's frankly kind of horrifying you don't understand this.
    now we are magicaly going in to unconsious territory lol,the discussion was about a person,giving verbal consent because they are afraid of you,because you are some big shot hero

The average MMOCreeps are pretty fucked up, but even for them that is some primo shit.

If someone scares you so much you're afraid to say no to them when they demand sex, that's coercion. You think that just, like, HAPPENS? You're being all nice and gentlemanly but someone just decides to be terrified of you to the point of surrendering their body but it's for no reason at all and nothing you did?

GET REAL. This is rape. Stop defending rape.

10+ Year Old Account
    now we are magicaly going in to unconsious territory lol,the discussion was about a person,giving verbal consent because they are afraid of you,because you are some big shot hero
    You just inserted "giving verbal consent" for the first time, since that wasn't present at any future point in this discussion. So even you know it's rape, and now you're trying to cover your ass.

And yes; a verbal consent doesn't matter if there are circumstances, like intimidation, that are forcing that consent to not be freely given. Again, standard law on rape and consent. You can't hold a knife to a girl and get her to say "okay, let's have sex" and suddenly it's not rape any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The average MMOCreeps are pretty fucked up, but even for them that is some primo shit.

If someone scares you so much you're afraid to say no to them when they demand sex, that's coercion. You think that just, like, HAPPENS? You're being all nice and gentlemanly but someone just decides to be terrified of you to the point of surrendering their body but it's for no reason at all and nothing you did?

GET REAL. This is rape. Stop defending rape.
    gotcha,so not being able to read minds is rape,interesting

Oh fuck you.

You're literally constructing a situation in which NOTHING EVER HAPPENED on your side that you could POSSIBLY consider intimidating or coercive, yet SOMEHOW the other person felt so terrified they agreed to your demand for sex out of fear.

THAT'S NOT REALITY.

Stop trying to pretend that people who coerce others into sex just "couldn't read their mind".

You just inserted "giving verbal consent" for the first time, since that wasn't present at any future point in this discussion. So even you know it's rape, and now you're trying to cover your ass.
    was it not obvious?do you think homelander just droped his pants and she got in position without saying anything? ofc she gave some form of verbal/physical consent,its not his fault shes afraid of him and wouldnt say no

10+ Year Old Account
    Not getting open and honest active consent is rape. There's no need to be able to "read minds". Just stop forcing women into sex. It's real fuckin' easy. If you want to know if she consents, back off and ask her nicely, letting her know she can bail if she wants. It's not that frickin' hard.

No, you don't have to be able to read minds... you just can't use "She didn't say no" as a defense for raping someone.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Oh fuck you.

You're literally constructing a situation in which NOTHING EVER HAPPENED on your side that you could POSSIBLY consider intimidating or coercive, yet SOMEHOW the other person felt so terrified they agreed to your demand for sex out of fear.

THAT'S NOT REALITY.

Stop trying to pretend that people who coerce others into sex just "couldn't read their mind".
    yes,the person being afraid of me and saying YES,when they think no,isnt coercion on my part,i didnt use threats or violence etc,i guess she could be suffering from mental illness,in that case yeah,it could be rape legaly if shes so mentaly disabled,but that kinda sucks for me if i didnt know it before hand,oh well...we all know the law isnt always fair and just

10+ Year Old Account
    was it not obvious?do you think homelander just droped his pants and she got in position without saying anything? ofc she gave some form of verbal/physical consent,its not his fault shes afraid of him and wouldnt say no
    Yeah, you're not describing consent at all. And yes, it is entirely his fault, and he's abusing the situation, to rape her. That's literally what's happening. And why she described it as "rape". Welcome to how consent works basically everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    No, you don't have to be able to read minds... you just can't use "She didn't say no" as a defense for raping someone.
    my point is,she said yes,but in her head she didnt want it,thats my fault somehow

10+ Year Old Account
    my point is,she said yes,but in her head she didnt want it,thats my fault somehow
    Yes.

I feel like you thought that was a criticism, but that's literally how consent actually works.