Thread: The Boys

Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The plot of this show is kinda dumb.

Appearently anyone can take the permanent V syringe for super powers. What's the disadvantage? You probably get to regain your lost leg or whatever + be a "supe".

Noone ever dies and the big "we gotta kill Highlander" does not work concidering Highlander and Butcher (the 2 people supposedly wanted eachother dead for 3 seasons in a row) are the biggest draw to the TV Show. They will never die. And we will dance around the bush for any of them dying every single season going forward.

I don't think it's deserving of a 8.7 IMDB rating... People are hyping it up for them swearing, showing gore and having realistic tiktok segments. The plot deserves a IMDB rating of 4.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    With open, honest communication? Have you ever been in an adult relationship where one partner was more successful or powerful? It requires a lot on the part of the more powerful partner to ensure their partner feels happy and safe. That's the basis of a healthy relationship in any relationship, but is even more important in one where the partners have different levels of power and authority and success.

The whole point is Homelander is none of these things. He takes what he wants, because he can. He is the definition of a rapist in this case. This doesn't mean someone of Homelander's power level can never be in a good relationship.
    So you're basically saying he can never just hook up with people then? How is it his fault if everyone is just scared of him? Again, assuming at this time the general public, and hardly anyone really, had any idea he was so unhinged. He was literally supposed to be a "hero" so why would anyone be afraid of him? You're literally arguing that anyone just hooking up with him is being raped and that's dumb as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post

Appearently anyone can take the permanent V syringe for super powers. What's the disadvantage? You probably get to regain your lost leg or whatever + be a "supe".

Noone ever dies and the big "we gotta kill Highlander" does not work concidering Highlander and Butcher (the 2 people supposedly wanted eachother dead for 3 seasons in a row) are the biggest draw to the TV Show. They will never die. And we will dance around the bush for any of them dying every single season going forward.

I don't think it's deserving of a 8.7 IMDB rating... People are hyping it up for them swearing, showing gore and having realistic tiktok segments. The plot deserves a IMDB rating of 4.
    not "anyone" can take it. It's fatal for most adults and I assume isn't 100% when an infant either but the suggests it was more successful. Of course, maybe they just wanted to avoid the whole "dead babies" thing who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    So you're basically saying he can never just hook up with people then?
    If you can't be arsed to figure out if your partner is honestly and openly consenting, you shouldn't be trying to have sex with them at all.

You can easily hook up inside these parameters.

How is it his fault if everyone is just scared of him?
    It's his fault for using that to coerce a woman into having sex with him.

With open, honest communication? Have you ever been in an adult relationship where one partner was more successful or powerful? It requires a lot on the part of the more powerful partner to ensure their partner feels happy and safe. That's the basis of a healthy relationship in any relationship, but is even more important in one where the partners have different levels of power and authority and success.
    this whole section just makes no sense, maybe in weird hyper sensitive hyper woke culture thats the basis of a relationship, but considering basically every relationship in the world has 1 person more successful than the other, most normal people would never even consider it a factor. it requires NOTHING on the part of the partner with more success.

also isnt this all totally off topic at this point

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post

The only adults who've taken permanent V and survived are, afaik, Kimiko, who was suped up as a kid and then de-suped for like less than a week, and Neumann's daughter, who is the kid of a supe.

I don't think any humans with no previous genetic connection to a supe or previous supe-ness have taken any permanent V and survived, right? Like, what we see in s2 at the facility is a really miniscule portion of the people they inject V in, the rest explode, and even the ones who survive have random dumb powers, like vomiting acid or having a big dick. In that whole facility, it seems like there was only one or two who had viably useful powers.

What might be interesting is whether temp V can be used as a transition to taking permanent V and surviving, before the temp V puts lesions on your brain. I assume that's the narrative conclusion for Butcher and Hughie, at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you can't be arsed to figure out if your partner is honestly and openly consenting, you shouldn't be trying to have sex with them at all.

you keep saying the same thing over and over ignoring all context of the actual scenario, his point was, before anyone had a reason to fear him, he could never know. its safe to assume a lot of people fear him now, but in the years prior to the show, it would be much more unlikely. so if they didnt show him any fear, said nothing, and had sex, but were deep down afraid, thats not his problem. its theirs, there would be nothing he could do other than avoid everyone physically forever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    you keep saying the same thing over and over ignoring all context of the actual scenario, his point was, before anyone had a reason to fear him, he could never know. its safe to assume a lot of people fear him now, but in the years prior to the show, it would be much more unlikely. so if they didnt show him any fear, said nothing, and had sex, but were deep down afraid, thats not his problem. its theirs, there would be nothing he could do other than avoid everyone physically forever.
    careful there,these lads may start acusing you of blaming the victim and being a rape apologist because you cant read minds

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread sure took a weird turn. Defending a fictional rapist is a new one to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    This thread sure took a weird turn. Defending a fictional rapist is a new one to me.
    I've been a mod of this subforum long enough to remember posters on this site saying Ramsay Bolton wasn't raping Sansa "because they were married, and you can't rape your wife."

This is why I have to remind myself that this site, Twitter, reddit, etc, is no where near a reflection of real life.

this has nothing to do with actual events in the show, it was started as make believe scenario by another poster much earlier. i HOPE most people know homelander raped his sons mother. theres just 2 posters that have a hard time understanding the scenario being argued that didnt actually take place and keep trying to pretend it would also be rape.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been a mod of this subforum long enough to remember posters on this site saying Ramsay Bolton wasn't raping Sansa "because they were married, and you can't rape your wife."
    Thing is, this used to be the case in the UK. It was changed in 1992, but before that, you could legally rape your wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Thing is, this used to be the case in the UK. It was changed in 1992, but before that, you could legally rape your wife.
    Too bad that episode aired like 5 years ago.

Too bad that episode aired like 5 years ago.
    i dont think thats the point. its the an example of a reason some people still might have believed "you cant rape your wife".

how the fuck are you supposed to know that with some random person you're hooking up with? And if he just asks someone if they want to have sex with him, and that's the whole conversation, and they say yes without expressing any emotions of fear, how is that his problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    how the fuck are you supposed to know that with some random person you're hooking up with?
    Are you seriously asking how you can possibly avoid raping someone? And you want to be taken seriously?

If you can't tell if they're openly and honestly consenting, why are you pushing them to have sex with you? That's already a problem.

And if he just asks someone if they want to have sex with him, and that's the whole conversation, and they say yes without expressing any emotions of fear, how is that his problem?
    Because he's not ensuring that she's freely consenting. If you can't be sure, you shouldn't be pushing them for sex.

How is this hard to understand? Stop hunting for the plausible deniability where you can get away with raping someone. Christ.

People gotta win. Even if all they win is second hand embarrassment cause they defended a tangent from someone who clearly doesn't understand consent.

Are you seriously asking how you can possibly avoid raping someone? And you want to be taken seriously?

If you can't tell if they're openly and honestly consenting, why are you pushing them to have sex with you? That's already a problem.

Because he's not ensuring that she's freely consenting. If you can't be sure, you shouldn't be pushing them for sex.

How is this hard to understand? Stop hunting for the plausible deniability where you can get away with raping someone. Christ.
    okay keep being dense my guy lmao

Did all of you SERIOUSLY have an 8 page conversation about rape from a dude that we know could kill you in the flick of the finger.

Annnnyyyyyyy way, I would like to steer the convo back to the series, and discuss, Homelander as the weapon created by humans to protect humans and all he does is slaughter humans.

I am really curious how season 4 will go now. He has the total adoration of the people, the ego the size of Saturn, and the power to destroy the planet in 30 seconds with a beam to the center of the earth, How the fuck can you kill this guy, when 3 supes and 2 demi-supes can't do anything to him.

I mean in the comics, it was Black Noir(the clone of Homelander) who killed him and took on his persona. Noir is spilling his guts on the floor "literally", Maven is out, fuck Starlight(not a bad idea), and Butcher is dead in a few months. Perhaps Edgar has a super secret serum that will de-power homelander....

its not possible to ever be sure. they could always be lying. stop ignoring all possible context to suit your own agenda. his scenario in no way shape or form would be rape.

- - - Updated - - -

okay keep being dense my guy lmao
    at this point he has to just be trolling

I dunno if that deserves its own topic (didn't find it if it already exists), but Amazon has shown the first teaser of the The Boys spin-off : Gen V