Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral Druid Tmogging in BfA

Now with character copy up on the beta i was able to transfer my Feral druid which has nearly all the feral skins and this is what i found on the beta and you may not like it.

The skins are tied to the look of the dagger which means you can tmog all the daggers which in turn will give you the appropriate skin for example the Purple tinted dagger will give you the Mage tower look BUT and this is the part you wont like it looks like if you earn a stave or polearm in bfa it will mean you wont be able to tmog your feral skins. So if you want to keep your skin looks you will always want to carry a dagger.

This may change i dont know but i just wanna let you guys have a heads up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that doesn't change people will riot. I think it's probably going to be temporary.

it really does amaze me how blizzard still hasn't addressed this. is it actually that difficult to add a tab to the transmog guy that will allow you to choose whatever you want your cat and bear forms to look like? REGARDLESS of whatever weapon you're using? lol

People have said that there maybe a NPC that will do it for you but i have looked all around the Druid class hall and havent found anyone who could do it if that is what blizz is planning on doing.

If not then this sucks balls cause i hate daggers

Yet another reason they need to fix the transmog system to not arbitrarily restrict your weapon appearance based on RNG drops.

Which is why it's retarded to stick with the "Hurr u can only transmög a dagger into a dagger!".

Let us transmog SLOTS, NOT the items themselves! If I want my Shaman to look like it's equipping a staff when it's wearing a shield and a mace, then let me! How can it affect someone else in any shape or form?

Seriously, they need to rework the transmog system for weapons. Hunters would be left out, but they could compensate by simply making our ranged Artifact appearances spec agnostic for BM and MM.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Which is why it's retarded to stick with the "Hurr u can only transmög a dagger into a dagger!".

Let us transmog SLOTS, NOT the items themselves! If I want my Shaman to look like it's equipping a staff when it's wearing a shield and a mace, then let me! How can it affect someone else in any shape or form?

Seriously, they need to rework the transmog system for weapons. Hunters would be left out, but they could compensate by simply making our ranged Artifact appearances spec agnostic for BM and MM.
    No, the forms need to not be tied to transmog at all.

The feral daggers are ugly, they were meant to be ugly because the work was put into our forms instead. The colors of the daggers don't match the colors of the forms.

This means if you want to use our nice forms, you have to accept being restricted to using the ugly daggers that don't color match your form for the rest of time.

The system should be completely separate from transmog.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm never wearing those boring ass daggers ever again when BFA hits so if that's the only way to use the skins I guess I never will.

Why not turn it into a toy? Like they did with flame kitty?

Blizzard said there would be a way to freely change your skins, I just picture us going to the transmog vendor and it giving us an extra option to change out skin type / colour. Nothing based on the weapons looks. Its probably just an issue currently.

I think currently, it's on the beta just as a...well, beta thing.

That being said, definitely raise your voices now about the issue, offer suggestions (such as transmogging slots, not weapons/some random dude in transmog or order hall letting us change the skins etc) and so on. Otherwise, it'll stay in beta and go live as with everything else.

I also don't seem to have all of the feral skins I have on live, so that's an issue I found as well. Maybe I looked somewhere wrong, but no UI should be that hard to understand.

Besides, you can only transmog the first dagger, since we can't dual wield. If we take an off-hand, it'll be something off-hand transmog from what I remember. It's very ugly.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Add a Groomer to the barber shop!

They just make all cat forms look like uncooked patatos with a side of green beans.

Ooh, really hope they change that, I don't want to use daggers and especially not those daggers.

Buuuuut I'm having a bad feeling about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Ooh, really hope they change that, I don't want to use daggers and especially not those daggers.

Buuuuut I'm having a bad feeling about it.
    After the Developer Q&A it looks like the skin is bound to the daggers and we will be able to transmog into them, even with a 2 handed weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldrome View Post
    After the Developer Q&A it looks like the skin is bound to the daggers and we will be able to transmog into them, even with a 2 handed weapon.
    So if i get a badass looking staff or polearm in BfA i will still have to mog it to look like those awful daggers?

FFS if i earn a cool looking stave i want to wear it proudly on my back cause as a Druid i dont spend all my time in Cat form and i dont want to mog over that just so i can look like a sparkle kitty or a tree kitty in cat form!!!

Cant blizz see what we want here and how to solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by Keldrome View Post
    After i heard that i got pretty pissed, I hate the daggers. I cant make any "decent" druid transmogs i want my staff and polearm back. Just give us a vender somewhere or let us go back to druid orderhall, talk to an NPC (like the flightform) and toggle a form on....

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    After i heard that i got pretty pissed, I hate the daggers. I cant make any "decent" druid transmogs i want my staff and polearm back. Just give us a vender somewhere or let us go back to druid orderhall, talk to an NPC (like the flightform) and toggle a form on....
    This. Or some kind of toy like the fire cat seed toy from FL ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yehat View Post
    i dont spend all my time in Cat form
    You don't? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehat View Post

Now with character copy up on the beta i was able to transfer my Feral druid which has nearly all the feral skins and this is what i found on the beta and you may not like it.

The skins are tied to the look of the dagger which means you can tmog all the daggers which in turn will give you the appropriate skin for example the Purple tinted dagger will give you the Mage tower look BUT and this is the part you wont like it looks like if you earn a stave or polearm in bfa it will mean you wont be able to tmog your feral skins. So if you want to keep your skin looks you will always want to carry a dagger.

This may change i dont know but i just wanna let you guys have a heads up.
    they better be able to be chosen all the time, i didnt work my ass off for so many skins just to not be able to use them.