Thread: Any 120 BrMs?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    I honestly have no idea what 90% of you guys are saying. So far this xpac ive: tanked a m+10, dozens of m+1s to +5s, heroic uldir (to zul), offtanked heroic fetid, all normal uldir, warfronts, leveled as brewmaster, complete world content, a freakish amount of heroic dungeons and have had little/no issues with any of it. I also until this xpac had never played the spec.

I have done these types of content every patch for 10 years, and while brewmaster doesn't hold a candle to prot paladin last xpac for m+, or blood DKs in WoD where I did more damage than dps, its an intuitive tank spec that is harder than others.

Are you using rushing jade wind instead of special delivery? Are you using more iron brew instead of purging off your stagger? When leveling did you put on warmode and use breath + the disorient w. The talent that has a chance to refresh your breath?

Guard isn't good. Don't use the talent. The other two are better suited to all content currently. Monk is undervalued because all 3 specs are not easily played. WW compared to some thing like warrior currently does comparable damage, but is much harder to play. Brewmaster is the best tank for raiding, and a solid m+ tank currently, but it's significantly harder to play than some thing like vengeance or prot paladin (both of which I have played this xpac)

Tl;dr monks are awesome, OP it's likely you just were not playing well.

stagger shares the problem of flying, blizzard outsmarted themselves putting it into the game, and while they cant really get rid of it, keeping it creates even more obstacles, when compared to other tanks dealing with the same content

yes, it was funny to read that there are more DH 6 months into legion than there are monks after 4 years since their inception

The fact that your gonna have a better time rounding up quest mobs as WW than even the same amount of mobs ( don’t even think about more) as Brm is a little concerning. I think it’s the giant gap between tanks that can heal and those that can’t in the content that majority of people do that gives me a bad taste. Having quest mobs slowly beat you down as you get trapped in a loop of if you heal you can’t damage and if you damage you can’t heal because your resource is the same for both. I’d love to see chi return across the board as a second resource for things like healing or even a way to generate healing spheres instead of relying on the incredibly low proc rate if you happen to be getting hit a lot for low values.
    Last edited by Ryanite; 2018-09-14 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by antico View Post
    yes, it was funny to read that there are more DH 6 months into legion than there are monks after 4 years since their inception
    Because dh has crazy self sustain in both tank and dps, so it's the easiest class to lvl up by miles, it's fairly simple to play (dps spec is probably one of the easiest existing, tank spec... probably dk and druid are easier than veng but still it's not that complicated), it has cool visuals (I have tattoos! and I turn into giant demon! and I double jump and sprout wings!) and it's tied to Illidan, that was quite an important figure contrary to... what monks have? Chen Stormstout?

For soloing purposes (like soloing elites) I'd say the tank rank dk > dh > pala > druid > monk > warrior, that also affects popularity of the class because many people want to be able to solo stuff in the open world (in the same reason it's annoying to play a mage or rogue that can't facetank the wq elites and have to rely on groups).

What I think is that Method and Sco pretty much single-handedly closed this topic.
    Perhaps some people should simply play the BRM instead of still guesstimating what's going on with the spec.

Not sure how people fail at being a BrM Monk. It is basically: just keeping Ironskin Brew up 100% of the time, purify only heavy staggers, keep Rushing Jade Wind up, use other damage abilities on cooldown.

I feel super tanky, I have tanked all m+ on at least a +5 with no issues, I have had little issue holding aggro. I solo tanked Heroic Fetid Devourer taking ALL of the Terrible Thrashes like nothing whereas any non-BrM tank would just get 1 shot like nothing. Healers love healing me especially because of celestial fortune, especially Resto Druids love me to death.

Ring of peace is super useful for crowd control, herding adds, preventing uninterruptible casts, kiting, etc. You have a decent CC with paralysis. A decent aoe stun with leg sweep. A 100% uptime snare that helps with kiting. A low cooldown movement ability to further help with kiting. A teleport to even further help with kiting. You have poison & disease dispell. Your taunt increases target movement speed by 50% which again sees a lot of situational use.

People who don't like this tank need not play this tank spec. I actually enjoy being a rarity. I love this spec and its the first time in WoW where I enjoy playing (and maining) something that isn't DPS.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    The fact that your gonna have a better time rounding up quest mobs as WW than even the same amount of mobs ( don’t even think about more) as Brm is a little concerning.
    Actually I kind of have to disagree with this part of your post. As a BrM, I find outdoor content to be hillariously trivial with smart use of our Ox statue.

Gather a few mobs while mounted, go near some more mobs, drop a statue and drink a few Ironskin brews, fire up rushing jade wind, keg smash, breath of fire,and just start going to town, by the time you get a second breath of fire you should have 2 or 3(or more) healing orbs up, especially if you have a Boiling Brew Azerite Trait. If you get low pop some healing elixirs, keep dpsing away, if you get low again, expell harm, and if the mobs still aren't dead, pool some energy, aoe stun, and cast 2 vivifies. Even with 300ish iLev, any non elite mob packs will be long dead! Especially at lower itemlevels, if you give your statue a little time to gain more threat you might even be able to kill the mobs before you take any damage at all!

Need to harvest some herbs, ore, or click some quest objectives? Mount in, gather mobs, drop statue, collect things, run away, dismiss statue, keep running for a few more seconds til you drop combat, mount, win.

Here's to hoping Bliz doesn't Nerf our statue!!
    Last edited by Wolves420; 2018-09-15 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves420 View Post
    Actually I kind of have to disagree with this part of your post. As a BrM, I find outdoor content to be hillariously trivial with smart use of our Ox statue.

Gather a few mobs while mounted, go near some more mobs, drop a statue and drink a few Ironskin brews, fire up rushing jade wind, keg smash, breath of fire,and just start going to town, by the time you get a second breath of fire you should have 2 or 3(or more) healing orbs up, especially if you have a Boiling Brew Azerite Trait. If you get low pop some healing elixirs, keep dpsing away, if you get low again, expell harm, and if the mobs still aren't dead, pool some energy, aoe stun, and cast 2 vivifies. Even with 300ish iLev, any non elite mob packs will be long dead! Especially at lower itemlevels, if you give your statue a little time to gain more threat you might even be able to kill the mobs before you take any damage at all!

Need to harvest some herbs, ore, or click some quest objectives? Mount in, gather mobs, drop statue, collect things, run away, dismiss statue, keep running for a few more seconds til you drop combat, mount, win.

Here's to hoping Bliz doesn't Nerf our statue!!
    Or you could just buy some stirrups. But thanks for telling us how to do damage to mobs.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
    Or you could just buy some stirrups. But thanks for telling us how to do damage to mobs.
    I was merely giving someone who thought BrM was not that good at questing and outdoor stuff advice on how to overcome said perceived weakness. No need to be snide.

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    basicly make purify passive and clear 5% of stagger each second (only works when stagger is on green level)
    I really like that suggestion... A good way to start for everyone that hasn't played a brm yet. But I fear they won't learn anything, and will get wrecked when they finally hit the difficults contents.

At least make it a talent. So that it's a good way to level up this character.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I really like that suggestion... A good way to start for everyone that hasn't played a brm yet. But I fear they won't learn anything, and will get wrecked when they finally hit the difficults contents.

At least make it a talent. So that it's a good way to level up this character.
    yeah put it in for that shitty breath of fire talent its worthless anyway