10+ Year Old Account

BFA macro for WW/FS

Asked if somebody was able to write a macro to use FS if it was talented and WW if not so I wouldn't have to constantly switch abilities on my action bar. Figured I'd share it here as well in case anybody else wanted to use it.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:3/3]Furious Slash; Whirlwind

If they happen to change the row of the talent later on in the beta or the location of the talent in the row, just change the numbers. The first number is the tier and the second number is the location of the talent in the row.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-06-07 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

What's the intended idea here to simply swap the keybinds? Or are you using this replace WW entirely?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    What's the intended idea here to simply swap the keybinds? Or are you using this replace WW entirely?
    It replaces the ability depending on which talent is selected, similar to the Ravager/BS macro. FS is the filler ability if talented, and WW is the filler ability if not. It just changes the ability depending on which talent is selected so you don't have to manually switch the ability on your action bar every time you swap talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    It replaces the ability depending on which talent is selected, similar to the Ravager/BS macro. FS is the filler ability if talented, and WW is the filler ability if not. It just changes the ability depending on which talent is selected so you don't have to manually switch the ability on your action bar every time you swap talents.
    Okay cool. Was just checking to make sure you weren't suggesting the removal of WW - which you still need with FS, from your bars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Okay cool. Was just checking to make sure you weren't suggesting the removal of WW - which you still need with FS, from your bars.
    Nah, definitely not. I have WW on its own button but since the rotation and abilities are pretty much the same I don't plan on replacing my filler ability button so I wanted a macro to swap the filler abilities depending on which talent was selected.

But what if its the best talent on a boss that has a bit of burst aoe at some point? Still gonna need 2 keys then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creraria View Post
    But what if its the best talent on a boss that has a bit of burst aoe at some point? Still gonna need 2 keys then
    See the post above my guy