Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Dreadlord Blizzard Moneybot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Don't you have phones?
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorlain View Post
    Let's talk about Goblins. And how the Alliance absolutely loathes the fuckers.
    Except the Alliance relies heavily on a handful of Goblin agents working for SI:7. SI:7s incompetence is piss poor writing and not the fault one way or another of these goblin agents. So, no, they really don't.

    Even in Cataclysm the alliance bombarded a goblin ship with goblin prisoners, they left the goblins to drown in their cells like rats.
    Smallest violin for teh dindu horde.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

  2. #42
    Except the Alliance relies heavily on a handful of Goblin agents working for SI:7. SI:7s incompetence is piss poor writing and not the fault one way or another of these goblin agents. So, no, they really don't.
    "My best friends are goblins, I swear, officer, ignore those dead sunbathers and crispy goblins over in Zuldazar."

  3. #43
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    22,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    The whole Dark Iron genocide on the Goblins is a gigantic warcrime that is played off as a lighthearted joke.

    Yes, sure there is a similar quest about killing Gnomes in Uldir, but those Gnomes are not in the Alliance, they're sandgnomes and might not even be on the same level of sentience.
    They are Alliance gnomes, but cursed by a titan artifact

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Actually, in a way, she does. Sylvanas absolutely wants peace and security for the Horde. It is pretty much her number 1 priority. And the best way to secure that is to be sufficiently powerful that your enemies (here's looking at you Genn) are incapable of challenging you. I don't think any nation in history has ever achieved peace and security by being weak and submissive. You achieve peace by being strong and demanding it, not by being weak and begging for it.
    She wants peace and security for the Horde, so her chosen course is to attack the Alliance lead by Anduin. Ignoring that the Alliance is in a superior position pre-BfA why would to attack Azeroth's Aryan Gandhi if you wanted peace? Just tell Anduin you want peace and he'd probably nut just hearing those words.

  5. #45
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Explain how alliance hates goblins?
    it's in the thread title lol

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    She wants peace and security for the Horde, so her chosen course is to attack the Alliance lead by Anduin. Ignoring that the Alliance is in a superior position pre-BfA why would to attack Azeroth's Aryan Gandhi if you wanted peace? Just tell Anduin you want peace and he'd probably nut just hearing those words.
    Why on earth would the Alliance be in a superior position to the Horde prior to BfA even without counting the Horde having a head-start in regards to Azerite? And Anduin is not genuine about peace in the slightest. If he was he would not outright inform Sylvanas the Gathering is not an attempt at peace. And he would punish Genn and Rogers for acting against that peace, by breaking his orders no less. Instead he merely gave them a talk and then brought Genn to the Gathering to flaunt his real attitude towards peace right in Sylvanas' face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Why on earth would the Alliance be in a superior position to the Horde prior to BfA even without counting the Horde having a head-start in regards to Azerite? And Anduin is not genuine about peace in the slightest. If he was he would not outright inform Sylvanas the Gathering is not an attempt at peace. And he would punish Genn and Rogers for acting against that peace, by breaking his orders no less. Instead he merely gave them a talk and then brought Genn to the Gathering to flaunt his real attitude towards peace right in Sylvanas' face.
    We know for a fact that Anduin really means for peace because we're privy to his internal narration. Cut out the internal narration depicting just how perfect that little shit is and the book is already massively improved. That said, intentionally or not, he's extremely incompetent at establishing peace.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    More like. Alliance hate Horde
    Exactly, there's no races from the Horde that Alliance doesn't hate(and vice versa).

  9. #49
    Rightfully so. Goblins are by far the most despicable race in this game. They remind me of everything I despise IRL.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    We know for a fact that Anduin really means for peace because we're privy to his internal narration. Cut out the internal narration depicting just how perfect that little shit is and the book is already massively improved. That said, intentionally or not, he's extremely incompetent at establishing peace.
    Except it is his internal narration through which we learn that he decided to do jack shit about Alliance members that acted against the peace he supposedly cares so much about. So his internal narration is subject to cognitive dissonance. As such what is left is to look at his actual actions which I mentioned above. And those actions scream not genuine peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except it is his internal narration through which we learn that he decided to do jack shit about Alliance members that acted against the peace he supposedly cares so much about. So his internal narration is subject to cognitive dissonance. As such what is left is to look at his actual actions which I mentioned above. And those actions scream not genuine peace.
    That's because the writers are incompetent, but the authorial intent is obviously to show that Anduin means well. The letter itself shows this - it's meant to show Anduin as this competent, diplomatic wise beyond his years leader, but the text is so disjointed it can't even decide if there's a war going on or not.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except it is his internal narration through which we learn that he decided to do jack shit about Alliance members that acted against the peace he supposedly cares so much about. So his internal narration is subject to cognitive dissonance. As such what is left is to look at his actual actions which I mentioned above. And those actions scream not genuine peace.
    Either that, or in some insufficiently-shown way, Anduin means well, but other people are tired of seeking peace with the Horde and are doing their own thing when out of range of Anduin’s holier-than-thou aura, much like the Stormheim quests, in fact...

    I can sympathize with that, Anduin’s peace-schtick is all well and good, but all the conflicts with the Horde (Over the 30 or so years since the orcs first came through the dark portal) are still fresh in people’s memories, you don’t erase all that with one boy king’s optimism.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    Idk why can't people understand this. A faction who sees no problem in using WMDs is mining a very very powerful substance and with their leader being someone who never sees any limit in using any kind of weapons, anyone with a bit of IQ knows that you should not let them to become this substance and according to the datamined dialogues horde used an azerite weapon during Teldrassil.
    The point remains that, should it have been the Alliance that found Azerite first and the Horde that slaughtered their miners, people would wonder why Sylvanas didn't attempt to resolve the situation peacefully.

    Instead, the Alliance is justified because "The Horde deserved it."

    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Exactly, there's no races from the Horde that Alliance doesn't hate(and vice versa).
    Tell that to Anduin and Baine.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2018-06-09 at 12:29 PM.

  14. #54
    Pandaren Monk Tabrotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Where my books are
    Posts
    1,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Actually, in a way, she does. Sylvanas absolutely wants peace and security for the Horde. It is pretty much her number 1 priority. And the best way to secure that is to be sufficiently powerful that your enemies (here's looking at you Genn) are incapable of challenging you. I don't think any nation in history has ever achieved peace and security by being weak and submissive. You achieve peace by being strong and demanding it, not by being weak and begging for it.
    Her so called peace includes killing all living being to serve unde rher...

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Her so called peace includes killing all living being to serve unde rher...
    That is peace.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow.

  16. #56
    All topics ultimately become Sylvanas topics.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    All topics ultimately become Sylvanas topics.
    It’s the Godwin’s law for WoW forums. :3

  18. #58
    Pandaren Monk Tabrotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Where my books are
    Posts
    1,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    That is peace.
    So then nobody can complain if the Alliance will wipe out the Horde then good to know.

    Now the only thing we have to do is make Jaina the new head of the Alliance then let the fun begin.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Goblins are no more people than lalafells are people.

    I wonder how long it will take for people to get that reference...
    At least lalas serve a dual purpose as a foodstuff.
    It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I don't taste very good.

  20. #60
    Dreadlord Blizzard Moneybot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Don't you have phones?
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    because the alliance immediately jumps to the "Kill the workers" plan, without attempting contact. Something they do later on for things like Forsaken meeting their families.
    They did attempt contact, it was the following:
    Hey what you doing there Horde?
    *Horde mobs aggro*

    "No, really, officer, I have nothing against goblins, my best friend is a goblin!"
    Alliance employs goblins, Alliance =/= hate goblins.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •