Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Last few days, 3 EU servers I play on went up in pop rating - low populated became medium, medium one is now high designated and high one became full one.
    Cant be they all gone up in population at the same time.
    blizzard probably shutting down additional server capacities to save space since barely anyone is playing anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on server online right now.
    On mornings its always low, on evenings its high. Well, medium is... Medium
    When server is overlogined it's locked for a queue.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

They might've changed the thresholds to reflect and describe overall smaller pops?

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Last few days, 3 EU servers I play on went up in pop rating - low populated became medium, medium one is now high designated and high one became full one.
    Cant be they all gone up in population at the same time.
    I thought server pop was based on the amount of people playing at any given moment. I play on Stormrage and have seen it be locked/full, high, med, and low all in one week.

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    It's based on the server max cap and the people playing.
    The max cap changes based on how much resources the server has.
    In earlier years this has been hardware upgrades etc - but I think these days they're probably running in virtualized so it varies.
    They also upgraded to increase server population in either the legion pre-patch or legion launch

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Since late WOD until around 2 days ago you could see in EU most servers as "low" due to "increased capacity" they implemented before Legion. Recently I noticed the amount of servers marked as low was diminished and even dead zones tumbleweeds rolling like Moonglade EU (low pop RP PVE server) are marked as "medium". The only server still marked as low among many low pop servers where I hold alts is Darkmoon Faire (another dead RP PVE server) there are others but I never played on these, while several servers ascended to "full" status (Silvermoon, Draenor, Argent Dawn, Kazzak, Twisting Nether). Some servers are marked as "high" even though I sincerely doubt so, like Azjol-Nerub (https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/c...ed-azjol-nerub).

Why do you think it's so? Did they remove the increased capacity because it's no longer needed? Are they preparing for more merges so they don't want returning for BFA players to join Full / High servers? Are they trying to mask the problem majority of servers are deserted and players joining these are making themselves are huge disservice that will bite them down the line? Do you think on inconspicuous morning of 8th of June suddenly a million player joined and population levels rose? (I don't believe that, it's not even prepatch yet)

I'm wondering if anyone else noticed this or is it just something weird with my client.

There's nothing else I hate more in WOW and Blizzard management than holding people hostage on low pop servers under extortionate transfer fees and killing any community these servers could have. Especially if anyone read last week's "mythic raiding feedback" official forum threads, you'd see at least half the posters have problems recruiting for their guilds due to being either on unfavourable faction (Alliance) or small server, and therefore being unable to field 20 people even for casual progression.

Last thing we need is Blizzard hiding head in the sand and claiming "population levels and number of server clusters currently are fine", the situation has been atrocious for at least 1,5 year, and probably more like since mass exodus of people during WOD.
    There are 2 possibilities: #1 Blizzard is preparing for a large influx of players when the expansion comes out and don't want people joining a server that is already full.

#2 Blizzard is putting out more smoke and bullshit to try to fool people into thinking that WoW is more popular than ever.

Deleted
    It's marketing. They don't want to admit that the game is dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellee View Post
    I noticed that something has changed on the NA servers this morning. Right now its 9:48am and All the High Pop servers are listed as FULL, some Mediums that were Medium even during prime time are now listed as full and even a couple of RP servers are listed as high. Something has changed for sure and its not just on EU. Wasn't there a Pax East interview that briefly mentioned some cross server (yes server) changes before BfA?
    its a trick to push people into dead realm and then make cash from realm transfers.

its dick move but expected from blizzard

I see the ingame server status once every few months when my server is down for a few seconds.

Any player with at least a few days of WoW experience would just check any external statistic page and just compare the servers for activeAccounts/ally:horde and if pve is important with a quick wowprogress comparison to decide what server fits best.

The server status page was altered so many times, at this point it is nothing more than a random color status.

As for the players with no external data but the ingame server status - I guess those players weight the "server name" or some other factors much higher as the server status info.
    -

I noticed this after the extended maintenance we had this past week for the oceanic servers too.. servers that were all low and medium at the highest are now almost permanently "high" with frostmourne being "full" all the time. not sure what they did, but they did something.

Yeah, noticed this last night. Blizzard definitely did something, and it's not "returning players" lol. I have a character on a dead server where you can go half an hour or more without someone speaking in /2 and apparently it's Medium population now. Cool story, Blizz.

i dont think its real , azjol was normal then its high ..... sylvanas was low and now high

xXx English is not my first language xXx

They're probably trying to get new and returning players to play on one of these servers that have gotten a "cosmetic" increase in population.

- - - Updated - - -

They're probably trying to get new and returning players to play on one of these servers that have gotten a "cosmetic" increase in population.

Maybe they're tempering with realm merges and figuring things out in regards to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Millions of people have not suddenly started playing wow overnight, especially where we are in the patch cycle currently. This period is the quietest typically, calm before the storm etc. Obviously made changes in the background to serve tech somewhere, which is impacting the displayed realm pop.

Either way, it doesn't matter if my realm is labeled low or medium, I know it's dead as a dodo lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    High pop servers are massive cesspools of vitriol, no one in their right mind wants to be on them. For once they did the right thing by promoting the civilised servers.
    I don't think I've ever seen you post anything relative to the word substance in my life
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Since late WOD until around 2 days ago you could see in EU most servers as "low" due to "increased capacity" they implemented before Legion. Recently I noticed the amount of servers marked as low was diminished and even dead zones tumbleweeds rolling like Moonglade EU (low pop RP PVE server) are marked as "medium". The only server still marked as low among many low pop servers where I hold alts is Darkmoon Faire (another dead RP PVE server) there are others but I never played on these, while several servers ascended to "full" status (Silvermoon, Draenor, Argent Dawn, Kazzak, Twisting Nether). Some servers are marked as "high" even though I sincerely doubt so, like Azjol-Nerub (https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/c...ed-azjol-nerub).

Why do you think it's so? Did they remove the increased capacity because it's no longer needed? Are they preparing for more merges so they don't want returning for BFA players to join Full / High servers? Are they trying to mask the problem majority of servers are deserted and players joining these are making themselves are huge disservice that will bite them down the line? Do you think on inconspicuous morning of 8th of June suddenly a million player joined and population levels rose? (I don't believe that, it's not even prepatch yet)

I'm wondering if anyone else noticed this or is it just something weird with my client.

There's nothing else I hate more in WOW and Blizzard management than holding people hostage on low pop servers under extortionate transfer fees and killing any community these servers could have. Especially if anyone read last week's "mythic raiding feedback" official forum threads, you'd see at least half the posters have problems recruiting for their guilds due to being either on unfavourable faction (Alliance) or small server, and therefore being unable to field 20 people even for casual progression.

Last thing we need is Blizzard hiding head in the sand and claiming "population levels and number of server clusters currently are fine", the situation has been atrocious for at least 1,5 year, and probably more like since mass exodus of people during WOD.
    Who honestly cares tbh

I am pretty sure Blizzard just decreased server capacity temporarily.

All the cross realm zone tech and in BfA were they try to put an even number of players from both faction in the same CRZ including different realms that aren't connected. End goal here IMO is to be able to just increase/decrease server capacity for player count. No need to have (and pay for) the same resources at 3am and 9pm.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Who honestly cares tbh
    peopel who will gets screwed and realise that they are on server dead like fuck and have to pay transfer fees to be able to play normaly

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    peopel who will gets screwed and realise that they are on server dead like fuck and have to pay transfer fees to be able to play normaly
    You mean because servers aren't combined enough these days anyway that it doesn't really matter? lol

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    You mean because servers aren't combined enough these days anyway that it doesn't really matter? lol
    Bet you don't use the AH or join guilds. Not gonna even mention mythic raiding, because that's obvious.