Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    For PvP, lvl 120 battlegrounds only.
    Will it be fury thats optimal then, I guess cos its selfhealing?
    This 21min video explains spot on how WoW lost it's core principles and declined into todays garbage

  2. #42
    arms seems in a shitty state, no healing if not talented, less aoe, less dps if they fix/nerf mastery

  3. #43
    Scarab Lord scarecrowz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    For PvP, lvl 120 battlegrounds only.
    Will it be fury thats optimal then, I guess cos its selfhealing?
    Arms is garbage for BGs for the exact reason you've stated. Lack of self healing/defensives.

    If you take the heal on charge talent for Fury you have quite good sustain.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Arms is garbage for BGs for the exact reason you've stated. Lack of self healing/defensives.

    If you take the heal on charge talent for Fury you have quite good sustain.
    Oki, what a bummer. Kind of fell in love with Legion Arms
    This 21min video explains spot on how WoW lost it's core principles and declined into todays garbage

  5. #45
    Scarab Lord scarecrowz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Oki, what a bummer. Kind of fell in love with Legion Arms
    Fury also lost the increased damage taken while enraged. Overall its just going to be better for soloing I think.

    Arms is still great if you have a healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Fury also lost the increased damage taken while enraged. Overall its just going to be better for soloing I think.

    Arms is still great if you have a healer.
    Yea I figure but I only play random bgs and I dont count on having one, they are headless chickens all the time
    This 21min video explains spot on how WoW lost it's core principles and declined into todays garbage

  7. #47
    Stance dance like the OLD OLD days of vanilla!

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Well, they no lube fucked mastery, and since raiding Arms warriors stacked it, its no wonder, it's basically a dead stat atm.
    I am not sure about this. I swithced to Crit-Haste gear it did help but still seems heavily untertuned. Or maybe other specs are over tuned. My ret paladin whitch is a off-spec of one of my alts and has like 20ilvl lower than my warrior has close dps. In legion I used to do 3x dps than I did with ret pally.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzzed View Post
    Fury feels surprisingly nice right now, minus Recklessness being on the GCD.
    Maybe it's because I'm still using end game gear but right now I don't even notice the gcd thing. It's a total non issue for me.

    I worry though, once I hit 116 things are really gonna slow down.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    I am not sure about this. I swithced to Crit-Haste gear it did help but still seems heavily untertuned. Or maybe other specs are over tuned. My ret paladin whitch is a off-spec of one of my alts and has like 20ilvl lower than my warrior has close dps. In legion I used to do 3x dps than I did with ret pally.
    Could be part of it too, that kind of number tuning is easier to fix though than the mastery being garbo

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    Maybe it's because I'm still using end game gear but right now I don't even notice the gcd thing. It's a total non issue for me.

    I worry though, once I hit 116 things are really gonna slow down.
    I worried about this too, but when I loaded up a premade character (pretty shit gear, no legendaries) it wasn't really that much slower, just longer between rampages, but even that wasn't GREATLY increased. Still pretty smooth gameplay overall.

  11. #51
    Mechagnome Neviriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    560
    For leveling, even though certain websites say you should go Arms, I definitely recommend going Fury (or Prot).

    You just have much more self-healing as fury. The play style is a bit different. Arms generates rage through auto hits and fury has to use actual abilities to generate rage. But that kinda makes fury feel so much faster.

    So for leveling, definitely Fury I'd say. Or, if you don't mind being a bit slower, then go Prot. it's fun too^_^

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Neviriah View Post
    For leveling, even though certain websites say you should go Arms, I definitely recommend going Fury (or Prot).

    You just have much more self-healing as fury. The play style is a bit different. Arms generates rage through auto hits and fury has to use actual abilities to generate rage. But that kinda makes fury feel so much faster.

    So for leveling, definitely Fury I'd say. Or, if you don't mind being a bit slower, then go Prot. it's fun too^_^
    Fury got Victory Rush back in BfA, so they definitely have no problem with self-healing.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Well, they no lube fucked mastery, and since raiding Arms warriors stacked it, its no wonder, it's basically a dead stat atm.
    I know and I luckily had a bit of crit/haste gear so "only" 22% mastery.. but still I had hell passing 4k sustained ST...

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Neviriah View Post
    For leveling, even though certain websites say you should go Arms, I definitely recommend going Fury (or Prot).

    You just have much more self-healing as fury. The play style is a bit different. Arms generates rage through auto hits and fury has to use actual abilities to generate rage. But that kinda makes fury feel so much faster.

    So for leveling, definitely Fury I'd say. Or, if you don't mind being a bit slower, then go Prot. it's fun too^_^
    hmm..yea...no!
    fury feels faster,that's true. also it's so much fun no doubt about it but seriously... Arms to fury at leveling is exactly like Prot to Fury at actual tanking!
    Arms basically 1-2 shots normal mobs the entire way throughout leveling. from level 60 you have access to "second wind" talent. "die by the sword" is just a better defensive than "enraged regeneration" cause it can actually save you at 1% hp and then from level 60 and on can make "second win" to kick in. and at higher levels like 70+ish you have better CDs for the miss pull/ mass pull situations!
    people may say it's matter of taste and sure if you really like to lvl as fury...go for it...its fun and definitely not the worst spec in this game for leveling. but never ever try Arms cause you won't go back! kinda objectively the better spec for the job...by miles!
    ***
    and back to the actual topic... is it just me or fury has the best rotation that the spec's ever had? #lovebfafury

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    Maybe it's because I'm still using end game gear but right now I don't even notice the gcd thing. It's a total non issue for me.

    I worry though, once I hit 116 things are really gonna slow down.
    On the beta, there is a noticeable slow down above 116 due to your stats starting tank pretty hard. But the GCD doesn't feel that bad even then since you always have something to press and it's not like 3 things are competiting for that press.

  16. #56
    Mechagnome Neviriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by Dascha View Post
    hmm..yea...no!
    fury feels faster,that's true. also it's so much fun no doubt about it but seriously... Arms to fury at leveling is exactly like Prot to Fury at actual tanking!
    Arms basically 1-2 shots normal mobs the entire way throughout leveling. from level 60 you have access to "second wind" talent. "die by the sword" is just a better defensive than "enraged regeneration" cause it can actually save you at 1% hp and then from level 60 and on can make "second win" to kick in. and at higher levels like 70+ish you have better CDs for the miss pull/ mass pull situations!
    people may say it's matter of taste and sure if you really like to lvl as fury...go for it...its fun and definitely not the worst spec in this game for leveling. but never ever try Arms cause you won't go back! kinda objectively the better spec for the job...by miles!
    ***
    and back to the actual topic... is it just me or fury has the best rotation that the spec's ever had? #lovebfafury
    I didn't talk about leveling 1-120. I talked about 110-120. And I did level a warrior on beta to 120, tried both specs. Arms does definitely not one-shot things. Okay, I had no legendary for this spec (or any spec for that matter) because I did level a beta character - not a copied one. And yes, I LOVED playing as arms, BUT.... at the point where I had to kill 20 Ogres for the Warfront Quests, I just realized how much I miss the self-healing (which is a lost smoother as Fury), so I went back to continue as Fury. In the end I found Fury to be better for leveling because of the fast pace and healing without having to talent into it. Prot also is great for leveling but it's slower ofc....

    Again; this is probably all personal preference as always, so I get your point too. No question ^_^

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Neviriah View Post
    I didn't talk about leveling 1-120. I talked about 110-120. And I did level a warrior on beta to 120, tried both specs. Arms does definitely not one-shot things. Okay, I had no legendary for this spec (or any spec for that matter) because I did level a beta character - not a copied one. And yes, I LOVED playing as arms, BUT.... at the point where I had to kill 20 Ogres for the Warfront Quests, I just realized how much I miss the self-healing (which is a lost smoother as Fury), so I went back to continue as Fury. In the end I found Fury to be better for leveling because of the fast pace and healing without having to talent into it. Prot also is great for leveling but it's slower ofc....

    Again; this is probably all personal preference as always, so I get your point too. No question ^_^
    sorry...i get your point, but this is just too good to pass
    cause i was lvling as fury/arms then fury then arms ...and well..i had all the legionaries for the class. but i think i was exactly on the ogre quest and like 10 ogre in...i had no CDs or anything and i had to sit down and drink...at which point i thought ok...enough is enough ....lets lvl as arms :P
    PS: while lvling [second wind] is a must have talent!
    even though Arms feels incomplete and the mastery really needs some sort of rework, I'm so happy that both specs feel so amazing right now.

  18. #58
    Mechagnome Neviriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by Dascha View Post
    sorry...i get your point, but this is just too good to pass
    cause i was lvling as fury/arms then fury then arms ...and well..i had all the legionaries for the class. but i think i was exactly on the ogre quest and like 10 ogre in...i had no CDs or anything and i had to sit down and drink...at which point i thought ok...enough is enough ....lets lvl as arms :P
    PS: while lvling [second wind] is a must have talent!
    even though Arms feels incomplete and the mastery really needs some sort of rework, I'm so happy that both specs feel so amazing right now.
    Haha, yeah okay I guess it really just depends on the personal feeling everyone has /prefers then! I'm happy to see though that both specs are viable ^___^ I love it. (Funny you were on the same quest xD)

  19. #59
    I'll be using fury more than Arms I'd say but there's nothing stopping you from learning both short of farming the azerite gear.

    We're not shoe-horned into specs the same way we were in legion due to AP being in weps so go nuts and play what you like on the fights that you like them for.

  20. #60
    Oh dear, tested Fury in bg's now. What a disaster for me
    Setup time, squishy and no healers around. Everything just looked at me and I was dead =D
    I went back to good old Arms :x

    I will however definitely level to 120 as Fury though.
    This 21min video explains spot on how WoW lost it's core principles and declined into todays garbage

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •