Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    All 3 specs are strong for leveling, pick whichever you enjoy more.

Frost and arcane probably have a slight edge for warmode, but fire is no joke in pvp either.

Mage is gonna be OP all expansion imo.
    I am doing things as Arcane that would never be possible as frost or fire I think, things like pulling everything in sight. And I mean everything, and not die. Not as exciting as Fire though.

Frost 100%.

Pet Freeze + Comet Storm and Nova + Cone of Cold from Warmode will destroy packs. Ezpz
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    I am doing things as Arcane that would never be possible as frost or fire I think, things like pulling everything in sight. And I mean everything, and not die. Not as exciting as Fire though.
    Are we talking about BFA? If so, how do you continue doing so post 106 without legendary's?
    What's the rotation that "melts" tons of mobs in the way you describe it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiki View Post
    Are we talking about BFA? If so, how do you continue doing so post 106 without legendary's?
    What's the rotation that "melts" tons of mobs in the way you describe it?
    Don't quite understand your question, but I just use Arcane explosion X 4 and then barrage. It's 2 buttons. Single target rotation is literally 1 button and wait for missiles procs. It's boring as hell but works.

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted
    Don't quite understand your question, but I just use Arcane explosion X 4 and then barrage. It's 2 buttons. Single target rotation is literally 1 button and wait for missiles procs. It's boring as hell but works.

- - - Updated - - -
    The question is as simple as it gets. I made a typo regarding the level 106. I was meaning to say 116 (which should be obvious hence why I didn't bother editing it).

That said, I didn't understand whether you were talking about the Beta and how you were mowing groups of mobs down there, or on the live server.

Honestly, there's no way you Arcane Explosion x4 and Barrage huge packs of mobs (5+ with medium to high non-rare/elite health) and melt them quick at levels higher than 116 (BFA Beta). You will either end up dying or being extremely low on health, and if you do survive, it'll take much longer than it would playing most of the other DPS class/spec's in the game with far simpler and smoother AOE rotations. If you want a safe and quick AOE post 116, you go Warmode Frost simple as that.

However, feel free to present to me how exactly you mow down huge packs of mobs with a video. Would love to see that mage-ic trick!
    Last edited by mmoc955674e21d; 2018-08-04 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiki View Post
    The question is as simple as it gets. I made a typo regarding the level 106. I was meaning to say 116 (which should be obvious hence why I didn't bother editing it).

That said, I didn't understand whether you were talking about the Beta and how you were mowing groups of mobs down there, or on the live server.

Honestly, there's no way you Arcane Explosion x4 and Barrage huge packs of mobs (5+ with medium to high non-rare/elite health) and melt them quick at levels higher than 116 (BFA Beta). You will either end up dying or being extremely low on health, and if you do survive, it'll take much longer than it would playing most of the other DPS class/spec's in the game with far simpler and smoother AOE rotations. If you want a safe and quick AOE post 116, you go Warmode Frost simple as that.

However, feel free to present to me how exactly you mow down huge packs of mobs with a video. Would love to see that mage-ic trick!
    No idea about all that, I'm lvl 110. I don't think anyone will be able to melt anything at 116. But I seriously doubt there are 'far simpler' AoE rotations than 2 buttons.

No idea about all that, I'm lvl 110. I don't think anyone will be able to melt anything at 116. But I seriously doubt there are 'far simpler' AoE rotations than 2 buttons.
    Just to be an asshat - yes there are : Fury WW is one button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiPiNo View Post
    Just to be an asshat - yes there are : Fury WW is one button.
    Adding a little more to the point:

DH Beam &/or Blade Dance, Priest Mind Sear (excluding optional talents), DK Epidemic, Rogue Fan of Knives (mixed with legendary shoulders, cloak + 110 talent; one shot mobs up to 116), Paladin Divine Storm, Shaman Chain Lightning, etc.

Most classes are designed with 1-2 buttons in mind (or more depending on talents and CD's) to AOE things down.

Honestly, Blizzard needs to get a better design team for certain classes. Not necessarily related to the previous comment, but in general, making one class work harder with more room for error on rotations than not, at achieving the same outcome (numbers wise; eg. Feral vs DH, etc.) is just bad balance. Not to mention, how often they completely re-work classes from head to toe. It's just insane considering the amount of resources and money the company has.

Ehh.
    Last edited by mmoc955674e21d; 2018-08-06 at 07:34 AM.

Fire all the way, you guys are forgetting the pvp talents you get to use while leveling as well (if you have war mode enabled)

15+ Year Old Account
    This won't work while leveling, at all. Mobs hit way too hard and have far too much health for an Arcane Mage to be in Explosion range. Even at 120, since all mobs scale it's rough going. Since the OP is about leveling in BfA, Arcane is the worst choice. Fire is fine, but Frost has great burst AoE and mob control through the Water Elemental. Ice Barrier is also the most useful out of the three barriers since it has the highest absorb and slows any attackers, which is mui useful for leveling.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    This won't work while leveling, at all. Mobs hit way too hard and have far too much health for an Arcane Mage to be in Explosion range. Even at 120, since all mobs scale it's rough going. Since the OP is about leveling in BfA, Arcane is the worst choice. Fire is fine, but Frost has great burst AoE and mob control through the Water Elemental. Ice Barrier is also the most useful out of the three barriers since it has the highest absorb and slows any attackers, which is mui useful for leveling.
    I believe you, I just hate pets so god damned much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Fire since it has a really strong execute with the belt+talent stack til 116, which would make getting down higher health mobs a lot easier (esp since you can move while casting scorch).

We'll see though. I only leveled my Lock thru beta.