Thread: Long long ago

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Long long ago



    We used to be able to get the best gear and finish the game. with RNG baked on RNG baked on RNG

    Can any old vets recognize these items just from the icons?



    What ability am I using here?
    Last edited by anaxie; 2018-06-10 at 06:54 AM.

  2. #2
    No they are too tiny on my phone

  3. #3
    Epic! marinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Light's Hope Chapel
    Posts
    1,558
    LoL at wrath spam from symbiosis

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    LoL at wrath spam from symbiosis
    and it was perfectly viable on Ra-den if you had to be a bitch

  5. #5
    I recognise most of the items on the character pane there as I played Fury in SoO, those trinkets were OP as fuck!

  6. #6
    long long ago in title

    wod was the last expansion.

  7. #7
    Ah, the Untamed Blade.
    Shame I did not put it to use in any t-mog.

  8. #8
    Can any old vets recognize these items just from the icons?
    Nope too tinny.

  9. #9
    Immortal Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    7,464
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodbroham View Post
    long long ago in title

    wod was the last expansion.
    This is clearly MoP, not WoD, and MoP ended 4 years ago... That's quite a while in this industry.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  10. #10
    and im here missing the good old money saver Divine Intervention when it was an actual spell!

    Or back in the really really old days when you had reckoning bombs!

    Or, back in the "things were better back then" days when you had no LFG, no LFR, no teleports and if you wanted to raid, you pritty much had to be a Holy Paladin 90% of the time

  11. #11
    >Old vets
    >Posts screenshots from MoP

    Oh my sweet summer child

  12. #12
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awyee View Post
    >Old vets
    >Posts screenshots from MoP

    Oh my sweet summer child
    Given that was around, what?, 4-5 years ago you could at least describe people that raided back then, if not with old, at least with vets

    On topic - that moment, captured in the screenshoot, was the second and last one in the history of WoW when one could felt that they have "completed" the game.
    You felt and you were really powerful with that gear... god... SoO trinkets were the shit. They were equaly OP for everybody, not like Legion's fiasco where one trinket is utter garbage for one spec and god roll for entire expansion for another spec or seriously pointless in design (SoT caster trinket coming in mind)

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Given that was around, what?, 4-5 years ago you could at least describe people that raided back then, if not with old, at least with vets
    i guess so... damn wow has been around FOREVER now.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Awyee View Post
    >Old vets
    >Posts screenshots from MoP

    Oh my sweet summer child
    Right?

    Lol MoP was practically yesterday.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

  15. #15
    Pit Lord Sigxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Your heart!
    Posts
    2,299
    A long, long time ago, two expansions before the current one...!

    Does anyone remember when Blizzard gave us '3' Judgement abilities? Or that if you had several Retribution paladins, each one used a different rank on "seal of Crusade" when judging to get several of those debuffs? Or when we relied on mana and not Holy Power? o-o

  16. #16
    "old vets" + MoP screenshots? Really?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    and it was perfectly viable on Ra-den if you had to be a bitch
    Oh my God, I remember that... Seeing as I was one of the 6 people who actually understood the mechanic on Ra-den I had to call out people that were next and everything... I think I was second or third in line to go with the lighting so I didn't even get to use my whole opener with wings.. GOOD TIMES! T_T

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    "old vets" + MoP screenshots? Really?
    Well it was the last time Ret was properly fun and good to play (IMO).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    A long, long time ago, two expansions before the current one...!

    Does anyone remember when Blizzard gave us '3' Judgement abilities? Or that if you had several Retribution paladins, each one used a different rank on "seal of Crusade" when judging to get several of those debuffs? Or when we relied on mana and not Holy Power? o-o
    Dude I remember when I used to /sit to get Reckoning stacks from mob hits while grinding in vanilla...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

  18. #18
    Pit Lord Sigxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Your heart!
    Posts
    2,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Dude I remember when I used to /sit to get Reckoning stacks from mob hits while grinding in vanilla...
    And it was a VIABLE STRATEGY in BGs! o_o Especially if it was a hunter or warlock with a pet as those were basically free Reckoning fuel.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Awyee View Post
    >Old vets
    >Posts screenshots from MoP

    Oh my sweet summer child


    Last edited by anaxie; 2018-06-16 at 04:06 AM.

  20. #20
    Screenshots don't get much older than this

    Also, Hi.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •