Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What is going on with our beloved characters!? (Warning: BFA Spoilers)

I know various characters have been talked about over the past few months but I just wanted to put this out there to try and consolidate things in one place.

The more I play BFA the more I realize that the writing is what saddens me the most about the expansion. I really never thought Blizzard to be great at writing but as time has gone by it's gotten clear they're running thin on ideas. I'm sure after 14 years it can be difficult to think of new and fresh ideas but Light above this is getting to the point where I don't even want to pay attention to the story. A lot of my issues thus far are with Horde characters because that's where I spend most of my time.

1) First up is Saurfang. I get why he's done with the Horde (for the time being anyway). He watch Garrosh nearly destroy it after kicking out all the other races and now it's being led by another awful leader. A blood thirsty monster who murders her own soldiers AND civilians. That's some pretty messed up shit. With that being said, I'd rather have him do something like challenge Sylvanas to Mok'gora even if that means his death (because lets be honest, they're not going to hurt Sylvanas) instead of lamenting in an Alliance cell.

2) Etrigg. Etrigg is a veteran of the First and Second wars along with many other battles and has served as adviser to several Warchiefs. So in short he's a tough, wise old warrior who has seen a lot of shit in his day. Then comes the quest to establishing your outpost in Drustvar where he's literally stuttering about how spooky witches are. Now I understand that not everyone has to be a big tough badass with no fears, there are tons of personalities out there but an old war vet stuttering over witches? Really? I also understand the importance of comic relief but I personally think Gallywix is more than enough comic relief without turning this old ass orc into a whimpering pup.

3) Rexxar, Garona and the rest of the Horde leadership. A wide topic including many characters I know, but aside from Gallywix (who's not exactly the most ethical person in the world especially when money is involved) I do not understand why the other leaders are following Sylvanas after she murdered an entire field of her own civilians PLUS the whole part where she plague bombs her own soldiers only to force rez them to fight for her. Force rez? Yes. Force rez. I find it hard to believe that the Alliance soldiers plus all the previously loyal soldiers of the Horde who she just murdered would just stand up and begin fighting for her had they any free will. That's some Arthas level shit right there. You're telling me that after both these events Lor'themar, Baine, Thalyssra, Ji, Mayla, and Rokhan (assuming he's the leader of the Darkspear) are totally okay with seeing their soldiers murdered then raised into mindless scourge-esq minions? I can't swallow that.

4) Sylvanas. I've never really liked her or the Forsaken and I've never pretended otherwise. I think she's a 'meh' character at best who has a sob story for a background that many people like to use as an excuse for her actions. I honestly don't mind making the Horde the aggressors in the war, I really don't. I enjoy the whole 'conquest' arc and the idea of taking Kalimdor for the Horde. My issue isn't with that aspect of Sylvanas. My issue is that she's gone from this broody, shadowy character to this forefront monster. There is nothing 'grey' about murdering your own civilians. There is nothing 'grey' about murdering your own soldiers and raising them as mindless zombies. Who in their right mind would see those qualities in a leader and continue to follow them!? It's just insane that she's this clearly evil villain and yet everyone seems to not notice?

5) Yrel. The Holy Pope of the Space Nazi's herself. I get that a lot of her character arc was cut from WoD because that entire expansion was botched but to see her transform into this genocidal zealot is insane. They clearly want to push the idea that the Light can be just as evil as the void and it really saddens me. I get most people don't like 'black and white' but I enjoyed the idea of Light = Holy and Good, Shadow = Corrupt and Bad. (Outside instances like the Scarlet Crusade) Sure it wasn't the most original idea but I personally liked it. I feel like they went for the easiest thing to do which was make both forces in the middle so that they could make potential enemies out of both for us to fight.

There are other things here and there that I take issue with but these are some of my bigger ones. I know I'm going to be told "The cutscenes aren't in, we don't have the whole story" but I don't believe the cutscenes will make sense of any of these things. I've been playing the Beta for over a month, I've played both sides a few times and the story just saddens me. I love WoW and I love the majority of the lore, especially the various races and their cultures and I hope I'm wrong. I'm hope there are reasons for everything I've seen and read thus far but as we get closer and closer that Hope is fading.

Feel free to discuss your own thoughts on the topic. Do you like everything they've done? Do you have characters you wish were given better treatment?
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Your concerns are warranted.

However, let's have faith in Blizzard to clarify the rest of the Horde following Sylvanas despite her actions thing. Hopefully, Blizzard has some intriguing twists and turns to reveal soon which will make the overall story seem more believable.

Bad writing happened. I look forward for yet another Sylvanas vs World thread.

My only beloved characters are Alleria Windrunner and Magister Umbric, And I am quite fond of the character development that they will both receive in the upcoming expansion. Umbric will prove his worth to the Alliance by playing a pivotal role in the Alliance War Campaign. Yes, For without Umbric's expertise and cunning, our War Campaign in Zandalar would fail miserably. And the astonishing thing is that Umbric did not join the Alliance out of convenience, like many did in the past, but because he truly believes in the Alliance's ideals of peace, order and justice.

As for Alleria, clearly, she will play a key role in the war against the Void Lords, as she is the first mortal in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers, therefore I expect her to have the same role that Illidan had in the last expansion. She will lead the Alliance against the Void Lords. But will Battle for Azeroth ultimately become a Void-centered expansion?

I also appreciate the vital role that Alleria will play in the Battle of Lordaeron, as she will save the High-King's army from certain doom, and her clutch intervention will allow the Alliance to even the odds. And then we see her standing right next to the High-King as they confront a broken and humiliated Saurfang. Her loyalty to the Alliance is undisputed.

The main thing that worries me is Arator. He must not die. He is Alleria's anchor. If he dies, there is a terribly-high chance that Alleria might give into the whispers, and then it will be very hard to restore her sanity. I hope that they did not foreshadow this in the Three Sisters comic. Alleria cannot fall to the shadows and become evil, COME ON. Blizzard has been foreshadowing her return for the last decade, I refuse to believe that she will become a villain right after her reintroduction in the lore.

So, Yes, I am quite satisfied with the narrative of Battle for Azeroth, at least when it comes to my favourite characters. Sure, I'd prefer if Alleria played a more significant role in the Alliance War Campaign and in the fight against G'huun, but it really isn't a problem, especially since she was one of the protagonists of Shadows of Argus. They are probably saving her for a future Void-themed patch/expansion.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2018-06-10 at 11:38 AM.

Oh look, it's another Sylvanas thread in disguise. Incidentally the whining about Yrel is laughable. No one liked the WoD ending or that the Iron Horde and Grom got away and that the draenei forgave them. For years on end people complained that they were just let go despite their crimes. And now, when Blizz amend this and have the draenei fight back and impose what is, in their eyes, surely a better ideology to avert future conflict, now people are bawling their eyes out at the Draenei are no longer perfect peaceniks.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Oh look, it's another Sylvanas thread in disguise. Incidentally the whining about Yrel is laughable. No one liked the WoD ending or that the Iron Horde and Grom got away and that the draenei forgave them. For years on end people complained that they were just let go despite their crimes. And now, when Blizz amend this and have the draenei fight back and impose what is, in their eyes, surely a better ideology to avert future conflict, now people are bawling their eyes out at the Draenei are no longer perfect peaceniks.
    If you only saw the Sylvans part, that's on you. Also... I just want consistency in their writing. Yes the 'we're suddenly best buddies' of WoD was awful but at the same time Yrel's character wasn't the genocidal type. I've never actually believed the Draenei were perfect. How many worlds did they Doom, how many lives were lost because of their great chase across the stars? There are no details on this but I doubt Draenor was the first planet they settled in all that time.
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    If you only saw the Sylvans part, that's on you. Also... I just want consistency in their writing. Yes the 'we're suddenly best buddies' of WoD was awful but at the same time Yrel's character wasn't the genocidal type. I've never actually believed the Draenei were perfect. How many worlds did they Doom, how many lives were lost because of their great chase across the stars? There are no details on this but I doubt Draenor was the first planet they settled in all that time.
    People miss the context with Yrel a lot. She didn't all of a sudden decide it's time to purge the subhumans. She suffered the worst losses not at the hands of the Legion, but at the uncorrupted Iron Horde, including Velen's death and the loss of her sister. Letting them go unpunished wouldn't make much sense and Grom is the architect of all this. On top of that, many willingly joined the Lightbound, including AU Garrosh and death is the last resort. When she meets Grom, she even tells him that she can join in if he accepts the Light and we can safely say that she has every reason to believe that left to their own devices, the orcs will either succumb to corruption or become warlike without outside help.

People miss the context with Yrel a lot. She didn't all of a sudden decide it's time to purge the subhumans. She suffered the worst losses not at the hands of the Legion, but at the uncorrupted Iron Horde, including Velen's death and the loss of her sister. Letting them go unpunished wouldn't make much sense and Grom is the architect of all this. On top of that, many willingly joined the Lightbound, including AU Garrosh and death is the last resort. When she meets Grom, she even tells him that she can join in if he accepts the Light and we can safely say that she has every reason to believe that left to their own devices, the orcs will either succumb to corruption or become warlike without outside help.
    And like I said, had they spent more time showing ANY of her character some of this might have made more sense. But they didn't. She went from 'Hope and Justice' the character to JOIN OR DIE. It's just really jarring to see happen to a character. Granted, I will give Blizzard this - the 'Evil' Yrel we're seeing is 30+ years into the future and things can change. I just pray they do a good job of showing it.

You also mention Velen, the peaceful prophet that would have avoided war at any cost if it were possible. He's not the 'Join or Die' kind and with Yrel having such an attachment to him, you'd figure she'd follow that path somewhat. Before the Legion the Orcs were hardly a race of hippies, but the Draenei DID lead their source of corruption right to them. Also, the driving force to their war was a bunch of manipulated truths thanks to Garrosh. Without the Legion corruption (that the Draenei led to the orcs) and without Garrosh, they probably would have continued to live in realitive peace. However, if you want to argue a reason in favor of purging the orcs, simply 'we don't want Iron Horde 2.0 to happen' is probably enough. But nothing has indicated that was happening. Out of everything i mentioned that point is still the most vague so I'm not as huffy about it yet.
    Varok Saurfang

Deleted
    I have no idea how Sylvanas has so much support from all the higher-ups in the Horde. Almost none of her campaigns and adventures were successful, and quite a few ought to doubt her ability and skill.

The failed defense of Quel'Thalas, her failed attempts to kill Arthas, couldn't push into the Plaguelands or defeat the Scarlet Crusade, got bamboozled at the Wrathgate, the invasion of Gilneas was a disaster, couldn't crush the resistance to her occupation anywhere, she let Lor'themar do all the work when it came to dealing with Garrosh, and her entire fleet got thwarted by an angry boi with a flying gunship and a galleon.

Perhaps further in BFA, like in Mists, certain leaders will indeed reveal some more personal initiatives and agendas that might conflict with the Warchief's, like Lor'themar did. It's disappointing Saurfang didn't challenge her indeed, but here's to hoping others will!

Deleted
    The story of the Horde doesn't even make any sense any more. For Blizzard the Horde is just a tool to entertain the Alliance.

its called making golden a senior writer. now her fanfic style writing and pets(anduin) will be heavily focused.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Inb4 the same people complain about lore every single time something new comes out either iwthout knowing everything that is going on or just saying its bad because they dont agree with the direction blizzard ended up going.

At some point you would think people would stop caring and just accept that they think its bad writing

Its almost like... correct me if i'm wrong here.... its almost like there people secretely do like it and thats why they keep following it but they are nitpicking at small things so they can end up saying blizzard is bad at story telling 5000 times a year....

Deleted
    I think there's a lot of misunderstanding regarding Saurfang and his getting captured. First of all, he doesn't agree with Sylvanas's choices to bring out the plague, but she doesn't want to hear about it. So he goes along with it grudgingly.
    In the end, he sees that she really set the whole fight up just to be a trap and calls her out on it, then tries to kill the Alliance forces by himself, so she doesn't have to blow the city up (he knows, he won't likely succeed, but he's willing to take the risk) and he does quite a good job of it. If you ever ran into one of his attacks as an Alliance character you'll know^^ When at last he gets beaten he is about to die and demands Anduin lets him, but Anduin heals him and has him taken prisoner. Saurfang does not warn the Alliance forces that they are walking into a death trap, he is not actually that thankful for Anduin's "mercy" and healing. He still hopes they are all going to die in the explosion he knows is going to take place. If you ever played the Horde side, you'll have seen the amount of explosives that were set up for the big bang while chasing the SI:7 and the druids out of Undercity, at that point presumably as 'plan B'. He must know they are all going to die and even if he doesn't agree with Sylvanas he doesn't turn traitor and give the secret away.
    As for why he doesn't challenge Sylvanas, in my opinion he hasn't actually had a chance to do it up to that point. He may disagree with her, but he still doesn't want the Horde to lose, so he is not going to challenge her in the middle of a battle. And after the battle he is already a prisoner.
    We'll see where this whole story goes, but my guess is, Sylvanas used the meeting in Arathi as a way of blaming the Alliance for the aggression and told everyone that they were trying to take Lordaeron away from her there. Or even better, she tells them the council were mostly traitors and puppets for the king of Stormwind. Which would also explain why everyone else goes along with her the way they do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    4) Sylvanas. I've never really liked her or the Forsaken and I've never pretended otherwise. I think she's a 'meh' character at best who has a sob story for a background that many people like to use as an excuse for her actions. I honestly don't mind making the Horde the aggressors in the war, I really don't. I enjoy the whole 'conquest' arc and the idea of taking Kalimdor for the Horde. My issue isn't with that aspect of Sylvanas. My issue is that she's gone from this broody, shadowy character to this forefront monster. There is nothing 'grey' about murdering your own civilians. There is nothing 'grey' about murdering your own soldiers and raising them as mindless zombies. Who in their right mind would see those qualities in a leader and continue to follow them!? It's just insane that she's this clearly evil villain and yet everyone seems to not notice?
    It is called "pyrrhic victory", and it is a thing. Sometimes the best you can do is not let your enemy win, no matter the cost. That's something Warhammer fans are accustomed to. And same goes towards eradicating defection. By WoW standards it's pure evil, but it is quite pragmatic. In fact, I'm totally on Sylvanas' side in her argument with Saurfang: if you truly value what you fight for, you'll cast away everything, you'll sacrifice anything, you will get your hands dirty, you'll fight tooth and nail like a cornered animal. You won't play fancy shmancy games called "honor".
    5) Yrel. The Holy Pope of the Space Nazi's herself. I get that a lot of her character arc was cut from WoD because that entire expansion was botched but to see her transform into this genocidal zealot is insane. They clearly want to push the idea that the Light can be just as evil as the void and it really saddens me. I get most people don't like 'black and white' but I enjoyed the idea of Light = Holy and Good, Shadow = Corrupt and Bad. (Outside instances like the Scarlet Crusade) Sure it wasn't the most original idea but I personally liked it. I feel like they went for the easiest thing to do which was make both forces in the middle so that they could make potential enemies out of both for us to fight.
    And I like it that Light has shown its ugly face that was hiding behind the facade of purity and benevolence. Tyranny and dogmatism. The side we're in in the cosmic conflict of Light, Void, Fel, Pantheon, and whatever there is, is our own. We're mortals and we're on our own, no one is going to further our interests except ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    I think there's a lot of misunderstanding regarding Saurfang and his getting captured. First of all, he doesn't agree with Sylvanas's choices to bring out the plague, but she doesn't want to hear about it. So he goes along with it grudgingly.
    In the end, he sees that she really set the whole fight up just to be a trap and calls her out on it, then tries to kill the Alliance forces by himself, so she doesn't have to blow the city up (he knows, he won't likely succeed, but he's willing to take the risk) and he does quite a good job of it. If you ever ran into one of his attacks as an Alliance character you'll know^^ When at last he gets beaten he is about to die and demands Anduin lets him, but Anduin heals him and has him taken prisoner. Saurfang does not warn the Alliance forces that they are walking into a death trap, he is not actually that thankful for Anduin's "mercy" and healing. He still hopes they are all going to die in the explosion he knows is going to take place. If you ever played the Horde side, you'll have seen the amount of explosives that were set up for the big bang while chasing the SI:7 and the druids out of Undercity, at that point presumably as 'plan B'. He must know they are all going to die and even if he doesn't agree with Sylvanas he doesn't turn traitor and give the secret away.
    As for why he doesn't challenge Sylvanas, in my opinion he hasn't actually had a chance to do it up to that point. He may disagree with her, but he still doesn't want the Horde to lose, so he is not going to challenge her in the middle of a battle. And after the battle he is already a prisoner.
    We'll see where this whole story goes, but my guess is, Sylvanas used the meeting in Arathi as a way of blaming the Alliance for the aggression and told everyone that they were trying to take Lordaeron away from her there. Or even better, she tells them the council were mostly traitors and puppets for the king of Stormwind. Which would also explain why everyone else goes along with her the way they do.
    Saurfang's complaints make no sense. By all accounts, given his background, it's using the plague and necromancy that should be crossing the line for him, given what happened with his son. Instead, he's appalled that Sylvanas would destroy an uninhabited city to kill her enemies, as though the concept of a trap is somehow haram.

Deleted
    Saurfang's complaints make no sense. By all accounts, given his background, it's using the plague and necromancy that should be crossing the line for him, given what happened with his son. Instead, he's appalled that Sylvanas would destroy an uninhabited city to kill her enemies, as though the concept of a trap is somehow haram.
    No, what he criticizes is the fact she never actually fought to win but all of the fight was to lure the Alliance forces into the trap. That is his complaint. 'So this was your plan from the beginning?' He knows she set up the bombs (they are already there when you evacuate Undercity and he is right there with you), but until that very moment he thinks he is fighting to win a battle. Only in the very last moment he realizes they were never supposed to win, but from the beginning supposed to lure the Alliance forces as far into the city as they could so she could blow them all up.
    He also doesn't like the plague and the necromancy, but she orders it and it happens, it's not like he could have done anything to prevent it. He disappears right afterwards from the fight and later we learn he was watching to see where it would all go. Sylvanas takes great care that none but Lor'themar and Nathanos are with her in the last parts of the fights, she sends everyone else away. She can't send Saurfang away, because he 'got lost' after the first plague attack. Then he tries to argue with her once he sees what she is really doing, but she says it's necessary to save the Horde and if he disagrees he has no place in the Horde (and the stuff about raising him or not). Then he takes his stance at the gate and gets captured.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    No, what he criticizes is the fact she never actually fought to win but all of the fight was to lure the Alliance forces into the trap. That is his complaint. 'So this was your plan from the beginning?' He knows she set up the bombs (they are already there when you evacuate Undercity and he is right there with you), but until that very moment he thinks he is fighting to win a battle. Only in the very last moment he realizes they were never supposed to win, but from the beginning supposed to lure the Alliance forces as far into the city as they could so she could blow them all up.
    He also doesn't like the plague and the necromancy, but she orders it and it happens, it's not like he could have done anything to prevent it. He disappears right afterwards from the fight and later we learn he was watching to see where it would all go. Sylvanas takes great care that none but Lor'themar and Nathanos are with her in the last parts of the fights, she sends everyone else away. She can't send Saurfang away, because he 'got lost' after the first plague attack. Then he tries to argue with her once he sees what she is really doing, but she says it's necessary to save the Horde and if he disagrees he has no place in the Horde (and the stuff about raising him or not). Then he takes his stance at the gate and gets captured.
    The thing is, he's wrong. That was only one of the possibilities she had prepared for. Without Jaina backing Anduin up, releasing the plague at the gates and into their ranks would have secured her victory. The Alliance are pushed back and only make a comeback because Jaina appears out of nowhere. Similarly, Nathanos had Anduin dead to rights until the void elves appeared. Before that Sylvanas was relying on the Azerite war machine. She has contingencies in the event each of these plans fail and the plan is that even if the Alliance do win, they won't take the city, but instead get blown sky high. If Saurfang had not interfered, that would have worked too. Not to mention that there's nothing immoral about blowing up a location to kill your enemy, especially since the very first thing Sylvanas does is evacuate the civilians and by the end point she's lead her own troops out as well. The turn would have made more sense if the breaking point for him was the necromancy and blight, but it isn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logorrhea View Post
    Your concerns are warranted.

However, let's have faith in Blizzard to clarify the rest of the Horde following Sylvanas despite her actions thing. Hopefully, Blizzard has some intriguing twists and turns to reveal soon which will make the overall story seem more believable.
    BUT THEY HAVENT. More or less The entire" quests" and so story of 8.0 is out, and NO ONE challenges her. IF anything, The only "grey" charcters such as Etrigg now being all Pro sylvanas, Rexxar Being perfectly fine with her. Garona is now for NO reason SUPER pro horde. Which is funny, as the ONLY SIDE who have ever threated her well was the alliance, the "Orcs" have enslaved her In what ever timeline we are thinking about. Lillith Ross, is now Suddently also All pro Forsaken and murder pople and raising them is cool.

ALL OF THISe charcter SHOULD be aginst her, Or atleast not allined with her. But No suddently they are all oay with the new "way" of her Horde.

Baine is doing nothing, Does the Trolls even have a leader? do they have an oppenien, i can't imagine them being okay with them. What about the blood evles, how are they okay with this war on the living, and all the plague weapons and ressing people. THAT IS WHAT arthas did, and he murdered most of them. How can they not see the resembense. How can the orcs not see the similaries with garrosh? as ALL the orcs who are now alive are the rebels.

Blizzard dont care about the thoughs, They Decided the entire Horde have been brainwashed by her, and is okay with everything she do.

Deleted
    The thing is, he's wrong. That was only one of the possibilities she had prepared for. Without Jaina backing Anduin up, releasing the plague at the gates and into their ranks would have secured her victory. The Alliance are pushed back and only make a comeback because Jaina appears out of nowhere. Similarly, Nathanos had Anduin dead to rights until the void elves appeared. Before that Sylvanas was relying on the Azerite war machine. She has contingencies in the event each of these plans fail and the plan is that even if the Alliance do win, they won't take the city, but instead get blown sky high. If Saurfang had not interfered, that would have worked too. Not to mention that there's nothing immoral about blowing up a location to kill your enemy, especially since the very first thing Sylvanas does is evacuate the civilians and by the end point she's lead her own troops out as well. The turn would have made more sense if the breaking point for him was the necromancy and blight, but it isn't.
    Well, I agree somewhat. But the plague at the gates was at least a little worrying for him and he vanishes, not to interfere, but to watch. Then she uses more plague and at the end blows it all up with plague. And Saurfang's interference in the end changes nothing, he only tries to kill everyone, but can't (of course) and then they walk into the trap like planned, which he doesn't prevent, although he could have, then and there. (We don't know how they get out, because that cinematic isn't implemented yet)
    So what he doesn't like is the usage of plague (and necromancy, presumably) and the fact that the fight wasn't supposed to be won, but only one big trap. He calls her out on both things, but the second time much more furious, which is the point where she gets rid of him.

And I don't think he's completely wrong, because all of her Azerite warmachine and plague usage at the different stages of the fight would not have killed Anduin and Genn.
    Although I agree that if she had succeeded with that before being pushed back all the way to the throne room, she would not have blown up the city and she did try. So while I think Saurfang was right in that she probably thought blowing it all up would be her best chance to kill them all, I agree that he was wrong in so far that this wasn't her only plan.

Edit: ------------

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    BUT THEY HAVENT. More or less The entire" quests" and so story of 8.0 is out, and NO ONE challenges her. IF anything, The only "grey" charcters such as Etrigg now being all Pro sylvanas, Rexxar Being perfectly fine with her. Garona is now for NO reason SUPER pro horde. Which is funny, as the ONLY SIDE who have ever threated her well was the alliance, the "Orcs" have enslaved her In what ever timeline we are thinking about. Lillith Ross, is now Suddently also All pro Forsaken and murder pople and raising them is cool.

ALL OF THISe charcter SHOULD be aginst her, Or atleast not allined with her. But No suddently they are all oay with the new "way" of her Horde.

Baine is doing nothing, Does the Trolls even have a leader? do they have an oppenien, i can't imagine them being okay with them. What about the blood evles, how are they okay with this war on the living, and all the plague weapons and ressing people. THAT IS WHAT arthas did, and he murdered most of them. How can they not see the resembense. How can the orcs not see the similaries with garrosh? as ALL the orcs who are now alive are the rebels.

Blizzard dont care about the thoughs, They Decided the entire Horde have been brainwashed by her, and is okay with everything she do.
    Don't forget, Sylvanas has the power of propaganda on her side. She can tell all of the Horde that the Alliance lured her into a trap in Arathi, because she was willing to give her people a chance at peace and the council traitors conspired with the king of Stormwind to get rid of her and get the Forsaken and Lordaeron under Alliance control. Think of this, when you think of her allies' actions later in the war and it makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by mmoc1d0f52de2b; 2018-06-10 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    Blizzards writing was never great, however, since they tried to clean up the story around the start of WoD / with the Warcraft movie it has got so much worse, filled with contradictions and holes. I thought Chronicles was going to be this awesome lexicon of WoW lore, instead it reads like someone who barely knows the lore wrote a half arsed reimagining.