Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    It's not a troll thread, my response was just a sarcastic remark to people who get kicks out of shitting on people who didn't complete all the mage towers on release date.
    Okay, sorry.

In that case, do what I did. Throw your face at it until it sticks. I did it at around item lvl 910 with just the boots and prot legs my only legos. The key for me was to not focus on their health and insted focus on each ability and just get used to the DBM sounds for things. Eventually you'll automatically move for vykrulls and whirling blade and everything else, it becomes second nature if you do it enough. For ret it only took a few trys because I was already new the fight from doing it a lot on my shaman. But yeah, by not focusing on anything other than the mechanics I found I didn't panic when their health got low and before I knew it they were dead. Same thing happened when doing it as prot at about 915, I focues super hard for hours, then my wife came home and we were talking about her netball game and I was just half ass paying attention and just basically played the game in the back of my head and I one shot it. Do it until it sticks, thats all I can say.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

My pala is 941 with current loadout, lvl 75 artifact, but has no set gear or great trinkets, also it's not optimized at this ilvl, just the best I have found outside raids so far:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...er/cairnedinal

I guess I'm pulling down a 1 - 1,5 million dps or something like that. That should be enough, right? "They" say it's not a dps fight, mainly survival.
    I've read the guides and watched some runs on youtube, and it all seems to be quite clear and simple.
    I guess my priorties are something like this:

1. repentance on blood of the father (very little time, can't extend)
    2. touch the runes (little time, can't extend)
    3. mind wings (little time, can't extend)
    3. stun whirlwind (moderate time, can extend by running away)
    4. slow berserker rage and kite (moderate time, can extend by running away)
    5. break bubble and interrupt ancestral knowledge ( all the time in the world)

Pull:
    pots (saving drums), try to gather them and do artifact, judgement, CS and DS as often as I can, prioritizing the blade of wrath procs, and justicar's vengance if I'm low on health. Jarl starts with the rage, and I slow him down and kite away. Repentance on blood of the father, but I don't reapply once it runs out.

Still, after like 25 tries, I'm still unsuccessful, and I don't know if I'm really close either. The problem is that in the videos everything goes smooth, and in sequence. But when I try, I usually fail when shit is starting to stack, like runes and berserker rage and wings at the same time. Now, I don't have a good idea on which mob I should try to burn down first, or if it even matters.

Should I change talents and strategy? Should I change gear? My third legendary is the Insignia of the Grand Army, but I guess it's nice to cheat death now and then with my current wrist legendary. As a replacement, I have a decent 945 ilvl wrist.
    I dont really play my paladin but I wanted the skin. So after around 10 tries this is what I did. I tried the zerg method but it didnt work for me.

Pull sigryn away at the start and repentance her away from the other 2. After the first repentance, reapply repentance before it wears off. Then wait 15 seconds after the second repentance and repeat. This way she is in cc almost all the time and it was much easier to handle.

I also use hammer of justice when jarl goes berserk, and hand of hindurance and kite away.

My main problem were the vrykuls, it was hard for me to see how to position myself, because sometimes they were so far away and charged in from different angles. So I picked up auto bubble talent instead of calavier and nailed it.

I only had legendary ring from argus quest and the avenging wrath legendary. Around 925 ilvl.

Also a big tip: keep yourself full hp ALL the time. Because vrykuls and runes takes you from 100%-10%.

I went with the repentance strategy http://www.wowhead.com/retribution-artifact-challenge
    And tried to play it very safe, instead I focused on my hp and mechanics, and not their health.
    Last edited by Loeve; 2018-07-07 at 01:20 PM.

It's not a DPS race it's a mechanic test going into a DPS race. Literally just focus on living until she only starts casting vrkyul wall and ancestral shield. At that point you can just cleave them down without even trying at that ilvl. If I remember correctly you can tell when that phase begins when trying the mage casts 3-4 runes in under like 30 seconds. After the final set he doesn't cast anything besides that shield ability.
    Only repetence sigyrn after she casts her fel ability. Do not use it at all otherwise.
    Use hand of hindrance and stun on one dude whenever he does anything. Being a plate class, I don't recall taking a lot of damage even when I tried tanking him at 915 ilvl.
    Doesnt matter what legendaries used. I did them with pydraz and and liadrins(?). Agmars or sephuz helps immensely but honestly, ilvl mattered 100x more on this fight across all 6 specs.
    This fight is more about patience than any of the 6.
    Use drums at start still, but do not focus on DPS until the DPS phase begins, just focus on surviving all the one shot mechanics.

Remember its not a DPS race its just a CC fight

There attacks does nothing against your shield but its the abilities they can use that can one shot you like Sigryns AOE or Jarls Berserk.

Now iam not a expert at Ret but i did it after about 6 tries and my advice would be.

1. Dont panic its not a DPS race
    2. Macro your repentance so you can easily put Sigryn to sleep
    3. Use slow and stun on Jarl when he berserks
    4. Nuke the Caster DO NOT LET HIM COMPLETE HIS CAST
    5. Always get to those Runes on the floor and remember smallest to largest if you can
    6. Keep an eye out for the Valk wall

The fight does seem complicated but it really isnt when you get used to the fight.

Did it with the zerg method. Was not difficult, but I was vastly overgeared for it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I came back from holiday today, and I guess the little extra power in my artifact made the difference I needed.
    Basically just tried to stick with the priorities, and I was a little lucky on the valkyrs, and was left with a nice little window where I could put some damage on them while Sigryn was taking a nap.

So, thanks for all the tip, guys! Fucking done!

.....now for a real hard one, the prot artifact!
    Mother pus bucket!

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    That's a mighty ilvl you've got. I'm surprised that someone with such level was struggling at ret challenge at all since all you actually needed to do was to hoj Sygrin whenever she casted wings and that was about it.

The prot challenge is also extremely easy for the paladin. Grab whatever talents that utube suggests and go crazy in first phase up till 6 stacks. Destroy eyes, gather adds and back to the boss. If you reactively heal whenever taking damage then it should be no sweat tbh.

And when kruul lands? Drums and rock'n'roll. Paladin's damage is extremely high and I finished the challenge at 905ilvl with prot artefact at 58.

Just a few pointers. Bear tartae is a must, always use the self-healing thingie (can't recall what's it name is.), move. Like all the time moving, or like Lucio says - Can't stop, Won't stop. And mainly don't look away from the eyes if you still haven't busted them.

Now for the real challenge. 910ilvl and no leggies. holy challenge. Not sure I can take that one.

it's BY FAR the easiest mage tower. you don't have to separate them or anything, just blow them up in a group, stomp the 3 runes that spawn and burn through the mage NPC's bubble and interrupt and you're good. you can ignore the rest of the shit because even the valkyries don't hit hard enough to matter and the healing from divine storm will sustain you easily

you don't need leggos and it's surprisingly easy at 890 with the max artifact level quest done

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    it's BY FAR the easiest mage tower. you don't have to separate them or anything, just blow them up in a group, stomp the 3 runes that spawn and burn through the mage NPC's bubble and interrupt and you're good. you can ignore the rest of the shit because even the valkyries don't hit hard enough to matter and the healing from divine storm will sustain you easily

you don't need leggos and it's surprisingly easy at 890 with the max artifact level quest done
    I think the fury warrior was a lot easier, I spent like 10 tries on that, and didn't have a good strat against imps and such.
    Also did the prot paladin tonight, which I also felt was a lot easier, and I didn't even have any good legendaries for that. They also took a lot less time, so you don't have as many chances to miss something and fuck up before it's over.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post

I tried that route but just didnt work out for me. Too much green on the ground and Sigryn knocking me off my path to the runes, knocking me into valks. After banging my head so many times with that strat, i got it on the second try when i switched to repenting Sigryn. This was a couple momths ago, so maybe with the concordance buffs its different.

Quote Originally Posted by chakley View Post
    so maybe with the concordance buffs its different.
    That. Also, what was your ilvl?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

done windwalker on first try but this is much harder and damn if you go near walls you can't even see what is happening like if valkyries is coming

...now for a real hard one, the prot artifact!
    Eh, Prot is easier. Try Holy, unless you're very overgeared it's a real bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Eh, Prot is easier. Try Holy, unless you're very overgeared it's a real bitch.
    Yeah, was shocked to learn this. Prot went down rather quickly. I changed to prot warrior now, and so far it seems to be a lot harder. But I have even less experience with that spec, and have to learn how things flow. Glad I know the fight, more or less from my pally prot runs, but still.
    Mother pus bucket!

Did prot warrior too now. Hard to imagine that I had so much trouble with Sigryn. Perhaps my extremely crappy PC was holding me back.
    Mother pus bucket!