Thread: Doom Eternal

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I honestly don't think Bethesda would do such a thing...but you never know. Loot boxes are such a powder keg right now.

Was actually talking to a friend about this, with TES6. If TES6 releases loot boxes, or any sort of MTX that has an impact on the game, it'll be the death knell for Bethesda. Gaming media will explode, Youtubers will explode, and Bethesda will be lambasted on every webpage, podcast, etc. Mark my words. It would be the single stupidest thing Bethesda has ever done...and we all know they've done some supremely stupid bullshit. ESPECIALLY if they end up doing it to Doom Eternal first.
    And yet, it will still end up being profitable.

Honestly don't give a shit if they did add loot boxes or not as long as it's only cosmetic. Games going to be awesome either way

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not see any issue if it is just cosmetic skins for Multiplayer and Invasions. You don't need to buy them. If you find one that you must then by all means spend your money.

The game will need secondary revenue if people want future DLC content.

Noone can repeat Doom 3 and it so sad...

No idea where else to ask this question, so I'll go ahead: I'm a PC guy and bought the 2016 game on XBOX for my friend, it's a physical copy as he much prefers having the box and disc around. Thing is, I'm in Canada and Amazon shipped me a copy made in the UK. I just want to be sure, consoles no longer have this nonsense where EU games can't be played on NA machines and vice versa, right? Must be a relic of the past, a blu-ray's a blu-ray now. I haven't owned a console since the N64 so I'm completely clueless there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm the only one who thinks this but while the game looks awesome I just can't help but feel mild about it. I mean it's just more of the same from the first game. It just doesn't look like anything new was added other than new areas.

I don't know I guess I'm just not that much of a Doom fan compared to others. I played the first game and it was fun but I just didn't like how fast you run out of ammo. I found myself constantly worrying about my ammo which often had me distracted and would a lot of times result in my death.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one who thinks this but while the game looks awesome I just can't help but feel mild about it. I mean it's just more of the same from the first game. It just doesn't look like anything new was added other than new areas.

I don't know I guess I'm just not that much of a Doom fan compared to others. I played the first game and it was fun but I just didn't like how fast you run out of ammo. I found myself constantly worrying about my ammo which often had me distracted and would a lot of times result in my death.
    After watching the latest gameplay exhibition from quakecon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4h3gtsXoD8

I don't think it's "more of the same"... it's more of the same when it comes to killing demons, which is why you play it, but they seem to add so much more to it than that, especially when it comes to you having to utilize tactics more instead of just aiming and blowing them up before they blow you up.

Seems to be a tad more open world as well, not enough to call it open world, which it shouldn't be...but less linear and some dynamic fights popping up here and there you can dispatch for more upgrades and stuff.

I was just talking to a friend about it and I was worried that they wouldn't change it up enough but now I'm so excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And yet, it will still end up being profitable.
    Only in the short term. Who would want to buy TESVI if you can buy skill or weapon upgrades in Doom Eternal? Doom 2016 didn't have microtransactions despite every other game in the industry almost having such things. ID is usually seen as separate from Bethesda. The new Wolfenstein has fucking premium currency in it you can now buy as well though despite this. Now we're at the point where games will put MTX in them after launch to avoid controversy at launch and to get good reviews too.

Now imagine Doom eternal lets you buy upgrade points. People will buy them. So of course it's going to be profitable. But the vast majority of people don't buy these things because they're sick of seeing them. They do that and it won't make people have faith in their future releases like TESVI or Starfield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Only in the short term. Who would want to buy TESVI if you can buy skill or weapon upgrades in Doom Eternal? Doom 2016 didn't have microtransactions despite every other game in the industry almost having such things. ID is usually seen as separate from Bethesda. The new Wolfenstein has fucking premium currency in it you can now buy as well though despite this. Now we're at the point where games will put MTX in them after launch to avoid controversy at launch and to get good reviews too.

Now imagine Doom eternal lets you buy upgrade points. People will buy them. So of course it's going to be profitable. But the vast majority of people don't buy these things because they're sick of seeing them. They do that and it won't make people have faith in their future releases like TESVI or Starfield.
    The same people who will buy it knowing what happened to Fallout 76 and knowing that TES 6 will be designed with bethesda mod store (or whatever its called} in mind. This train sailed long ago and nothing Doom Eternal will or won't do won't change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The same people who will buy it knowing what happened to Fallout 76 and knowing that TES 6 will be designed with bethesda mod store (or whatever its called} in mind. This train sailed long ago and nothing Doom Eternal will or won't do won't change that.
    I can't wait for the internet to blow up if Bethesda has the gall to announce that TESVI will only allow creation club mods for some bullshit reason like the "integrity" of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Earlier this month it was announced that the new Doom Eternal game has been delayed till 3-20-20. Although the exact reasons are unknown, it has been rumored to be related to optimization and polishing Battlemode.

Here is a NEW trailer regarding the pre-order and deluxe edition bonuses.

Last edited by zEmini; 2019-10-23 at 05:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You know, i actually really respect them for delaying it to polish the game. Its far too often we get games released in "totally not early access".

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda disappointed as I was looking forward to playing it over the holiday season. Oh well, hopefully the game will be even better because it looks pretty badass as it is. Good thing the Age of Empires II remaster is coming out in a few weeks, that should tie me over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trailer #2 was released today!

Don't fuck this up Bethesda, don't fuck this up Bethesda, don't fuck this up Bethesda...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    Don't fuck this up Bethesda, don't fuck this up Bethesda, don't fuck this up Bethesda...
    Id Software holds all the creative control over Doom Eternal's development.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Id Software holds all the creative control over Doom Eternal's development.
    Ostensibly, yes. But id is wholly owned by Bethesda, so if they want to shit it up like they did with FO76 they can. I don't think they will, and by all accounts it's sure not looking that way, but this is still a Bethesda game at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ostensibly, yes. But id is wholly owned by Bethesda, so if they want to shit it up like they did with FO76 they can. I don't think they will, and by all accounts it's sure not looking that way, but this is still a Bethesda game at the end of the day.
    They're not owned by Behesda, they're owned by Zenimax Media which also own's Bethesda

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They're not owned by Behesda, they're owned by Zenimax Media which also own's Bethesda
    Potayto potahto - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Media

ZeniMax was founded in 1999 by Bethesda Softworks founder Christopher Weaver and Robert A. Altman.[5][6] It was established as a successor to Media Technology Limited, Bethesda's parent company at the time.
    It's a holding company formed by Bethesda for their various studios. It's still functionally Bethesda in all but the name.

Mick doing the soundtrack on this one also?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM