Thread: Doom Eternal

Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Bought new parts for my pc to play this shit on ultra, but i'm a technologically illiterate idiot, and now i have to hope that my new mainboard won't melt from the vastly fucking overpowered cpu i bought for it.
    Well... more likely it just won't do... anything. Depending on what you had and what you got anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Official DOOM Eternal community on Steam has released an announcement covering frequently asked question and known issues. Final hardware requirements are:

- - - Updated - - -

The game is now available for pre-downloading
    Rofl, wonder what is so special about the 970 in particular

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Rofl, wonder what is so special about the 970 in particular
    Tiny 4GB of RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Tiny 4GB of RAM
    Ah, just realized it was the only one listed there with 4gb, was going to say the 980 had 4gb to (meaning it will possibly also need medium textures)

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like we can play now. Looking at the main menu, right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Eternal is amazing, but hot damn im glad they finally put 64 on PC. This is Doom "horror" done right. The ambient soundtrack is amazing.

Did the first mission, it's pretty awesome even if I'm not a fan of the more arcadey look they are going with for the pickups and UI. But that's just a matter of personal preference.

Cant even get past the launcher, it keeps crashing on startup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Cant even get past the launcher, it keeps crashing on startup.
    Its authentic bethesda experience then.

Fucking DOOT!

Love ID.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its authentic bethesda experience then.
    Luckily it seems it wasnt Bethesda this time. Just one corrupt .dll file I had to replace.

With my semi-potato I can run it fine on Ultra, which is great, but as an alt-tab addict I'm very disgruntled -_-
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Really impressed, looks absolutely awesome and runs smooth like butter on my 1060. VERY well optimised. Gameplay is a lot more challenging than Doom '16 and takes some time to get used to. Not a fan of these jumping puzzles.

Edit after Mission 4: This is the best FPS i have ever played.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2020-03-20 at 01:12 PM.

oh man this game really hits the spot. great to see a certain someone the slayer saved in Doom 2016 is back and helping you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im really having a blast playing it. But seeing more of this gothic architecture im having a feeling that Quake reebot may be next.

favourite feature so far is the save and quit option after completing a mission. It helps discourage me from marathoning my way through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put 2 hours into it.. So far I'm honestly not impressed. Not as good as DOOM 2016 imo.

Like, still playable and enjoyable, but not sure I'd recommend at full price

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Also it is a bit too heavy on focus on Glory Kills instead of just shooting enemies. Yeah it's cool but now the game is 50% a melee game and not 90% shooter (10% of optional Glory Kills). It was fun to kill couple of enemies with a Glory Kill but got old really fast, I mean I'd just prefer shooting the enemies and do Glory Kills only when necessary. It's like the enemies are in your face most of the time and can't see what else is going on (if there is some kind of super demon really close by etc.).
    There's that, and the emphasis on using the chainsaw in pretty much every encounter because of how sparse your ammo is, and how beefy the heavier enemies actually are(especially if you're just trying to blast 'em - have fun wasting all of your armory on a Cacodemon if you refuse to toss a grenade into its gob). Feels like I'm using nerf waterguns at times.

Well this sucks. I'm crashing on campaign startup every time. I've tried validating game files, linked my Steam account to Bethesda.net, restarting Steam and my computer. I've got the latest Nvidia drivers, my hardware is up to snuff, and I can launch and play Battlemode without no issue whatsoever. But as soon as I start a campaign, the loading screen appears, and I invariably crash to desktop when I press spacebar.

No idea what's going on here, and it is infuriating.

EDIT: For fuck's sake. I got the campaign to start by going into my DLCs, disabling then re-enabling the campaign (it's marked as a DLC for some reason or another) and now it crashes after 30 seconds every time. I kill the first few zombies then CTD. What the fuck is going on here.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2020-03-20 at 08:24 PM.

I would say that it is harder than 2016, but... I don't think I like the emphasis on the melee. Rip and tear and all that, but blowing shit up with guns should take precendence.
    And yeah, Cacodemons have to eat the nade until balista, which makes it annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Put 2 hours into it.. So far I'm honestly not impressed. Not as good as DOOM 2016 imo.

Like, still playable and enjoyable, but not sure I'd recommend at full price
    Not that it's anything but you're opinion, but you are the only person I've heard say anything near that lol.