Thread: Doom Eternal

Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    >turning off the music in a doom game
    We have never met, and we probably never will, but please never forget how immeasurably disappointed in you i am.
    First thing I do, in every Doom game. I'll leave that shit noise for people dressed in black with eye shadow and tight leather pants.

Still hoping for "Doom 4" and a remake f Hexen and Heretic in the Doom Eternal engine. <3
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    First thing I do, in every Doom game. I'll leave that shit noise for people dressed in black with eye shadow and tight leather pants.
    even people dressed in black leather pants won't listen to such synthetic shit
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

15+ Year Old Account
    Just FUCK Marauders.

Other than that, had a blast through the whole thing, and collecting all the secrets/cheats. Consumed it too fast than I'd like for a full price game with a simple/unfulfilling ending on Nightmare though. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Just FUCK Marauders.

Other than that, had a blast through the whole thing, and collecting all the secrets/cheats. Consumed it too fast than I'd like for a full price game with a simple/unfulfilling ending on Nightmare though. Ah well.
    Did you manage to open all doors in the fortress? I discovered all secrets but am still batteries short.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Still hoping for "Doom 4" and a remake f Hexen and Heretic in the Doom Eternal engine. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    even people dressed in black leather pants won't listen to such synthetic shit
    Are there really "people" that actually, unironically, do not like the Doom soundtrack? Jesus fucking christ. "Synthetic shit", i don't even know what to say.

Are there really "people" that actually, unironically, do not like the Doom soundtrack? Jesus fucking christ. "Synthetic shit", i don't even know what to say.
    I'll be honest, the 2016 game had a more consistently good soundtrack. This one has a few good tracks, a few okay ones and a lot of noisy repetitive ones.

Still, the sound design makes up for it, and having music that matches the gameplay is more immersive than playing your own music...

Given the fact that it’s one of the least popular genres in the word I’d wager lots of people don’t.

Did you manage to open all doors in the fortress? I discovered all secrets but am still batteries short.
    Look like you missed some challenges, you end up with 2 or 3 extra batteries that you have nothing to use and a bunch of suit points, even weapon points

Given the fact that it’s one of the least popular genres in the word I’d wager lots of people don’t.
    >one of the least popular genres in the word
    Yeah, sure. I have a nice collection of rocks in my backyard, in case you're looking for a new one to live under.

The soundtrack of Doom is ESSENTIAL to its gaming experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, Heavy metal stops. Who doesn't like this music?

As to marauders, they are really map dependent. Some maps, they're not an issue at all, but the first slayer gate with one is just absolutely terrible for fighting him.

And yes, the wolf spawning from friendly fire is bullshit, not to mention that obnoxious bite on the HUD that it causes. It's a cool enemy and I don't hate it as much as I did before now that I've gotten the SSG / Ballista stuff down and am working on incorporating 'nades and aoe missiles too, but goddamn some stuff is just stupid.

If you don't think this shit slaps btw, you're not the audience for this game:

10+ Year Old Account
    That's some serious projection you have going there.

I can't imagine playing Doom without the soundtrack on, it's perfectly atmospheric to the nature of the game.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

>one of the least popular genres in the word
    Yeah, sure. I have a nice collection of rocks in my backyard, in case you're looking for a new one to live under.

The soundtrack of Doom is ESSENTIAL to its gaming experience.
    Why don't you just look up a few statistics? Metal is at the very bottom of most, if not all, lists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    That's some serious projection you have going there.
    No, I'm merely stating a fact, based on the question whether there are people who 'actually don't like' Doom's sound track.
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    If you don't think this shit slaps btw, you're not the audience for this game:
    Wow, that's an exceptionally stupid remark. Good job.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2020-03-30 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Fuck yeah this is the kind of music you want to get the adrenaline going while ripping and tearing.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'll be honest, the 2016 game had a more consistently good soundtrack. This one has a few good tracks, a few okay ones and a lot of noisy repetitive ones.

Still, the sound design makes up for it, and having music that matches the gameplay is more immersive than playing your own music...
    Some of the BGM runs into the same issue as the dialogue: it's heavily forced, especially the ones that are supposed to sound ominous with the chanting. I'd say in general the music and several aspects of the game are running into the problem that most sequels tend to have, where there's obvious areas where you know someone was trying too hard and it missed the mark. Maybe it's meant to be a parody of itself on some level, as everything outside of the combat comes off like it's trying to be a parody of DOOM 2016. Instead of keeping the lore and story on the light side since we don't really need to know it (yet it still builtup the atmosphere and gives us the cliff's notes version in DOOM 2016), this game piles on tons of lore/story/exposition to where we really don't want to know outside of a few tidbits and get annoyed by it. Same with the UAC holograms, we've gone from dry irony to over-the-top slapstick commentary... although I still get a chuckle out of "mortally challenged."

Again, many aspects of this game feel like they were trying too hard to replicated and amplify the successful parts of DOOM 2016, and they ended up making those aspects worse in the end or not as good as they could have been.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Wow, MMOChamp is the only place I've seen that actually has mixed opinions about the music. Shouldn't surprise me, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a mod on internet that lets you fix doomguys speed to fell like its with old games:
    https://www.cheatengine.org/
    https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewt...hp?f=4&t=11889

Install the programs to access the game command console.
    Type pm_thirperson 1.
    To make the speed like Doom 1 use pm_runspeed 22.12 and pm_sprintspeed 22.12 (araund the doom 1 speed = 49.5 mph in m / s)

Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    Look like you missed some challenges, you end up with 2 or 3 extra batteries that you have nothing to use and a bunch of suit points, even weapon points
    Oh good. I was worried I'd missed doors after I ended up with extra batteries. And suit/gun points like you mentioned. Makes me think they're for DLC stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Oh good. I was worried I'd missed doors after I ended up with extra batteries. And suit/gun points like you mentioned. Makes me think they're for DLC stuff.
    Or simply so that people can unlock everything without having to scavenge for every secret (even tho that isn't to hard)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Or simply so that people can unlock everything without having to scavenge for every secret (even tho that isn't to hard)
    Certainly not something I'm complain about either.