Thread: Doom Eternal

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    How many of us P-town crew ARE there on these forums?! o_O
    That's something I've been curious about too lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Hopefully we get a new kickass soundtrack
    Man, the Doom soundtrack was the first game soundtrack ever that ended up in my Spotify :-D
    That thing is solid! And it was awesome how they made it react to the gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    MOTHERFUCKING DOOMGUY!!

Deleted
    This was literally the only masculine game announced at the E3.

Everything else had female lead characters, SJW topics or both.

Deleted
    Not sure if this was said already but Doom Eternal will be revealed August 10th live on the interwebz and at QuakeCon.

I wonder what new features they will bring for combat. Its going to be a good wait till we see what adjustments they make to a good system.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    This was literally the only masculine game announced at the E3.

Everything else had female lead characters, SJW topics or both.
    Leave your toxic agenda out of this wonderful thread.

Can we have one youtube comment section or a forum post without one of you revealing your deep seated esteem issues? We are happy here.

The hyperbole...
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2018-06-15 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope there is a bit more variety in combat. The last game did feel rather repetitive, e en though the gameplay was solid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like more variety in the glory kills even if you're coming at them from the same angle, mix it up! Also probably keep glory kills only to the harder demons and not the grunts/imps

Deleted
    I've started the 2016 version of Doom recently (started it a long time ago, just never got around to getting very far), and thus far there are a couple things I'd perhaps want the sequel to different.

Secrets. I know it's a Doom thing. Flip this switch here and a door opens a mile away. In the 2016 version it's like, scour the map for places you can climb or jump and whatnot. I'm just not a huge platformer fan and for me the game devolves into first clearing the demons and then running around staring at the map wondering where I can go to find the secrets. The map isn't exactly very helpful either, it is for some reason at least for me a bit too hard to read. Doom's supposed to be a fast-paced game, so to keep that fast pace going, you basically have to forgo the secrets. But the secrets can give you power; they give weapon upgrades and the like AFAIK. I'd perhaps have a few secrets less, of maybe have an armor upgrade that lets you see the secret item through walls or something when you're close enough. Or, make the entire game open world so you can go back and get everything at any point, instead of having them as maps/episodes.

The weapon upgrades. Slow to use/recharge, even when upgraded. And, the main weapon feels horrible. It feels like a squirt gun. Sure I suppose it's supposed to be about as useful as one, since it's the one with infinite ammo, but it still feels bad.

Still, plenty of fast-paced fun, just need to ignore most of the secrets and stuff, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I wonder what new features they will bring for combat. Its going to be a good wait till we see what adjustments they make to a good system.
    Hard to say, yeah. I don't really have an idea for a major improvement off the top of my head, which is rare for me and a testament to how well the gameplay is designed I'd say.

Maybe add some ''elite'' versions of common monsters, for variety's sake? Say an elite Imp that charges in melee. An elite Baron of Hell with loads of missile launchers strapped to him. Cacodemons with an armored eye you gotta shoot off, stuff like that. One of DOOM's only weaknesses was how samey the combat got towards the end, so perhaps throwing some infrequent curveballs that downplays the weaknesses of specific enemies would help.

Also one thing I'd like is being able to store powerups. Only one at a time of course, but saving them for another fight could be cool, there were several times where I finished a section then saw there was a Berserk somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    MOTHERFUCKING DOOMGUY!!
    Haha that was an amazing watch. I'd never really thought about the Doomguy like that. My first playthrough of the new Doom game I didn't bother collecting all of the lore stuff, and I didn't pay it much attention. I'll have to go back through and really dig that stuff out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    gameplay sooooooon!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Rip and tear rip and tear rip and tear rip and tear rip and tear rip and tear rip and tear rip and tear rip and tear...

I'm so hyped for this game!
    [/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    Rip and tear rip and tear rip and tear rip and tear rip and tear rip and tear rip and tear rip and tear rip and tear...

I'm so hyped for this game!
    Time to just beat the ever loving shit out of some satan spawn with the power of jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    But they're not trying to step on their own toes with it, DOOM II was a great game, still is a great game.
    At least, from the trailer, that they're basing it upon or paying homage to DOOM II to some degree. Saw the Arch Vile powering up in front of Doomguy towards the end, so here's hoping! Really loving the music from the DOOM reboot, too.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Time to just beat the ever loving shit out of some satan spawn with the power of jesus
    Arms blades, a grapple attachment and a shoulder-mounted flamethrower?

Thank you Jesus!

Well, more of the same as DOOM 4, which is a good thing. I love the urban enviroment and the added movement options are well received. I'm unsure about extra lives.... Wolfenstein 3d used them so are they going away from infinite respawns at the check point? we will see.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very colorful and I like the idea of the counter coop mode. I just hope we get normal coop. I will post the offcial stream video when we get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we have a video of the entire DOOM event

Edit: official video released!
    Last edited by Pantupino; 2018-08-10 at 10:16 PM.
    [/URL]