Thread: Doom Eternal

Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I've revisited the Doom 2016 game again and played an afternoon of Multiplayer.
    Now I know it's not a game you buy for MP, but I think it seriously does have potential to be a great MP experience.

In Doom 2016, everything plays fluently and looks sharp, but there is simply too much bullsh*t going on that kills the fun, like the Demon Runes that spawn frequently and the one shot weapons / power ups that simply make people stop spawning until the effects wear off.

I hope they create a more Quake/Unreal like experience for the MP part of the game in Eternal, where you get faster gameplay (seriously, the movement is so slow in MP...) and where you pickup weapons allover the map again, instead of picking 2 weapons as a standard load-out.

I just finished Doom 2016, bloody loved it. Give me a bit of a story, bulk ultra violence and high for and you've got me almost everytime.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    New Arachnotron looks badass as fuck. I always hated those bastards with their plasma rifles. It's a good thing they died very fast to their own tech. The new enemies look kind of interesting, I'm least looking forward to facing off against Archviles and Pain Elementals though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angeredsoul View Post
    I just finished Doom 2016, bloody loved it. Give me a bit of a story, bulk ultra violence and high for and you've got me almost everytime.
    The environmental story telling was done very well in Doom 4. Marty and Martin plan to continue this style for DE. I just hope the SP Campaign is longer because Doom 4 was pretty short.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    The environmental story telling was done very well in Doom 4. Marty and Martin plan to continue this style for DE. I just hope the SP Campaign is longer because Doom 4 was pretty short.
    Well,we know at the very least that we're going to see a lot more environments
    We saw Earth,we saw Phobos,both in gameplay videos,and we saw in game renders of a handful of other locations

Unless the levels are tiny,I'd bet on a longer campaign.I'm pretty sure they know the campaign of Doom 2016 was their killer selling point,and they want to improve on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Well,we know at the very least that we're going to see a lot more environments
    We saw Earth,we saw Phobos,both in gameplay videos,and we saw in game renders of a handful of other locations

Unless the levels are tiny,I'd bet on a longer campaign.I'm pretty sure they know the campaign of Doom 2016 was their killer selling point,and they want to improve on it
    If the game has less than 20 levels I will be disappointed. Marty/Martin said that they are focusing on SP more this time around! I am hoping that means we get a longer campaign and lots of future SP DLC.

Confirmed locations are: Earth, Phobos and Hell.

There is also Sentinel Prime which I speculate is actually Proto-Phobos.

^Sentinal Prime: Mars is in the background. The mountains look a lot like ...

...the Sky1 texture for Classic Doom. This continues to confirm the theory that Classic Doom is a prequel which we might get as a future DLC campaign.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2018-10-16 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any news on if we're getting another kickass soundtrack ?
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Mick Gordon is also composing this one, no worries on that part.

The last Doom iteration introduced the 'arena style' game play, where you trigger a scripted sequence of enemies spawning for a period of time or until you've defeated enough of them.

Admittedly, this can be fun. But what I personally missed a lot, was an immersive story line and eerie atmosphere that actually gives you the bejesus from time to time. Doom 3 did this much better, even though the game play wasn't as good.

While writing I've come to the realisation that I'm asking for a Dead Space-esque story line, within the Doom universe and engine.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    The last Doom iteration introduced the 'arena style' game play, where you trigger a scripted sequence of enemies spawning for a period of time or until you've defeated enough of them.

Admittedly, this can be fun. But what I personally missed a lot, was an immersive story line and eerie atmosphere that actually gives you the bejesus from time to time. Doom 3 did this much better, even though the game play wasn't as good.

While writing I've come to the realisation that I'm asking for a Dead Space-esque story line, within the Doom universe and engine.
    It sounds like it could easily be done as a mod, reducing enemy numbers, increasing their strength/health, reducing the players jump to only allow mantling and low jumps.

Then just move a few spawn points around

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the environmental story telling versus the cut scene crap we get now days. Doom 4 was very refreshing in that regard.

Doom Eternal will be no different and I am very thankful for that. There are plenty of other games that play the survival horror style. Keeping Doom more like the original is the best approach.

Modding is just a wishful feature. Marty/Martin implied that we will not see modding capabilities until much further out.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2018-10-17 at 09:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    25 YEARS! Classic Doom is celebrating its 25th anniversary today. The folks at Id Software have announced the Slayers Club.

https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en

You get this skin when joining. I am not sure how it will work in the campaign or invasion (aren't they the same mode?) but I guess time will tell.

This also pretty much confirms that the PC version will most likely be another Bethesda.Net exclusive. I am fine with Bethesda wanting their own launcher but I am NOT fine with it being a broken mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm avoiding videos of it. Does anyone know it we're getting a new kickass soundtrack and/or if any of the previous music's being reused ?
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    The new trailer(s) have new music in it. Pretty much a lot of the same. There will likely be another Mick Gordon soundtrack in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Information coming June 9th for BE3
    https://bethesda.net/en/article/qC1L...returns-june-9

Doom Eternal will also be available for the Google Stadia. Not sure what that is exactly. I just hope I can play it on Steam or Bethesda.net.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    New Information coming June 9th for BE3
    https://bethesda.net/en/article/qC1L...returns-june-9

Doom Eternal will also be available for the Google Stadia. Not sure what that is exactly. I just hope I can play it on Steam or Bethesda.net.
    Googles new streaming service. It'll still be on Bethesda.net and potentially Steam (not confirmed), but it'll also be available via streaming.

I like doom 2016 was amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Stadia Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNRJMYZUzjA&t=15s

Doom Eternal will be a launch title for stadia. So that confirms it for 2019.
    https://www.techradar.com/news/doom-...a-launch-title

And also on Steam/Bethesda.Net
    https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-76-d...Dsb17liAk_yjHo
    Last edited by zEmini; 2019-06-01 at 03:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    E3 is about a week away. The slayers club is going strong with in game events and some small tidbits in new info!! Guess who is ranked 1?

Earn slayer points to unlock new skins

New Stadia and technical jargon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdz4...A&index=2&t=0s

https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en/

Last edited by zEmini; 2019-06-03 at 04:34 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    This looks awesome and is one of my top 3 most anticipated upcoming games.

Barons of Hell with fire swords!