[Megathread] Doom Eternal

Official Site

https://bethesda.net/en/game/doom

Join the Slayers Club

https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en

Best Wiki Site for ALL Doom information

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Entryway

MARCH 20TH, 2020!

Doom 2016 MMO Megathread: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...egathread-Doom
    Last edited by zEmini; 2024-03-18 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Threequel is possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    You work fast fellow portlander

actually looks really fucking cool, and doomguy's one of the biggest badasses in all of existence.

if i get a new computer, i've gotta get one of these.

Deleted
    I'm not gonna lie, I LOVE it, so hyped for new Doom!

But seeing that name, sounds co-opish, so Destiny like and being it saved for Quakecon has me a wee bit worried for being too e-sporty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post

But seeing that name, sounds co-opish, so Destiny like and being it saved for Quakecon has me a wee bit worried for being too e-sporty.

Bruh fuckin' Night Sentinels are supposed to be as badass as Doomguy himself. Coop would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    DOOOOMMMMM *eternal intensifies*

10+ Year Old Account
    They wasted an opportunity to call the game DOOM II: HELL ON EARTH.

Quote Originally Posted by sonololo View Post
    They wasted an opportunity to call the game DOOM II: HELL ON EARTH.
    But they're not trying to step on their own toes with it, DOOM II was a great game, still is a great game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doom 2016 was the best game I've played in a long long time!
    Stoked to see this trailer. Already knew it was in the likes of Hell on Earth. Bring on QuakeCon!

No rabbit head on a spike?

Deleted
    Where everyone else is copying each others battle royale crap with cartoony characters, colourful worlds and plastic guns, Doom is bringing us the basic shooter as it was ment to be.

Hardcore action, exploding demon guts, a killer soundtrack and brutal weapons. That's all I want from a shooter! Can't wait

Deleted
    I don't know why but the pain elemental looks like it's from ghost busters. All the other nu demons look badass.

DOOM 2016 was fucking amazing so hype.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Deleted

Needs more this.

> Take a look at Doom Eternal teaser
    > Shining eyes and a very weird boner
    > It has new badass demons (new from 2016 one)
    > It has flesh, blood, skeletons, death everywhere
    > Ye 'ol shotgun

> Where I can put my money?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post

How does the name imply co-op in any way? It wouldn't be a bad thing if it had it, but there is nothing in the name that implies it in any way. Its obviously Hell On Earth from the footage, but they can't call it that. As for e-sports, DOOM 2016 has a multiplayer mode that in no way impacted the base game. Well, except making its install size twice as large as it needed to be. If they can make it so we can separate the installs of the two, which various games have done in the past, it would be perfect.

But I doubt they would make DOOM multiplayer into an e-sport, they have Quake for that. The DOOM 2016 multiplayer plays almost exactly like Quake, except with DOOM weapons. It just makes sense for them to reveal more of the game at their own convention, where they have more time to focus on it. Where they aren't sharing a stage with other companies making their own announcements.
    Cooler Master H500P Mesh | i7 8700K@5GHz | CLC 280 | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4@3000MHz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | Samsung EVO 960 500GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | WD Black 3TB | AOC G2460PF 144Hz

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Where everyone else is copying each others battle royale crap with cartoony characters, colourful worlds and plastic guns, Doom is bringing us the basic shooter as it was ment to be.

Hardcore action, exploding demon guts, a killer soundtrack and brutal weapons. That's all I want from a shooter! Can't wait
    Don't forget single player with a good online component.

Pain Elementals and Arch Viles.... So we know who needs a BFG blast on their faces. Jokes aside, i'm glad this is coming. DOOM 4 was a blast, and while not as classic as the originals, it gave me soooo much faith in ID software and Bethesda, giving me a well needed single player ignorant FPS experience since the late 90ies.

Thanks god i plan to build a new PC next year too. <.<'
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can dig it. Doom 2 was my favorite game from the franchise until last year’s reboot. A little bit of a merge between the two sound great.