Thread: Doom Eternal

Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    There is no reason to not use the normal grenade. It's on a separate cool down from frost.

I play on Nightmare and I use... everything. Flamer armory shards are good too.
    I know they dont share a CD but i think its just tomuch to press all the time and i dont play on Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    No, you just need to hit inside their mouth with explosive. Which is fine for rockets and explosive shotgun mod. How is it hard for people to look at the info given to you in the game lol. I mean you can switch weapon and mods instantly in the game. Is it really that bad to click one key to kill a different monster, its like base level skills requirement.
    Speaking of not reading with comprehension - I did mention "if you refuse to toss a grenade into its gob". I played through more of the game by now and I understand that this is the direction of the game as a whole: it wants you to play rock-paper-scissors with the enemy types and deal with them in a specific way. I just sometimes don't feel like running up to the cacos and tossing grenades at them, which sometimes stick somewhere above their faces instead of going into the mouth. Not to mention that sometimes you don't quite get to be in range to glory kill them(but that's what the ballista is for, I know). My gripes were more relevant at the start of the game when I didn't yet have the rocket launcher, the chaingun and the aforementioned ballista.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    There's an issue with alttabbing? O.o
    honestly this has been one of the most cooperative games I ever played when it comes to alt tabbing,perfectly smooth alt tabbing with no issues whatsoever
    I know it's just my case,but still

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    honestly this has been one of the most cooperative games I ever played when it comes to alt tabbing,perfectly smooth alt tabbing with no issues whatsoever
    I know it's just my case,but still
    Yeah maybe it's a potato issue but I run the game fine on ultra smoothly, with alttab laggy and broken, and when I tone it down to low it's still broken. So, rip.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaL GuArD View Post
    Speaking of not reading with comprehension - I did mention "if you refuse to toss a grenade into its gob". I played through more of the game by now and I understand that this is the direction of the game as a whole: it wants you to play rock-paper-scissors with the enemy types and deal with them in a specific way. I just sometimes don't feel like running up to the cacos and tossing grenades at them, which sometimes stick somewhere above their faces instead of going into the mouth. Not to mention that sometimes you don't quite get to be in range to glory kill them(but that's what the ballista is for, I know). My gripes were more relevant at the start of the game when I didn't yet have the rocket launcher, the chaingun and the aforementioned ballista.
    yeah,the game really really picks up the pace around Mission 4 and the Doom Hunter boss fight,since you start to have some real power behind you,and the game really pushes you into situations where its gameplay loop shines.this is especially apparent during said boss fight.

I'd also recommend doing the cultist base master level once you get your ballista and chaingun,it's a ton of fun.Just expect to die a lot if you do so,especially if you're playing on Nightmare difficulty,but it's a blast.
    Though you might get spoiled on a few enemy types that don't appear until later into the game,such as the pain elemental,the baron of hell,the "tyrant" which is just a cyberdemon and the Archvile

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah maybe it's a potato issue but I run the game fine on ultra smoothly, with alttab laggy and broken, and when I tone it down to low it's still broken. So, rip.
    Are you using borderless windowed or full screen?
    It works fine for me with full screen,but borderless windowed often fixes alt tab issues with a lot of games

yeah,the game really really picks up the pace around Mission 4 and the Doom Hunter boss fight,since you start to have some real power behind you,and the game really pushes you into situations where its gameplay loop shines.this is especially apparent during said boss fight.

I'd also recommend doing the cultist base master level once you get your ballista and chaingun,it's a ton of fun.Just expect to die a lot if you do so,especially if you're playing on Nightmare difficulty,but it's a blast.
    Though you might get spoiled on a few enemy types that don't appear until later into the game,such as the pain elemental,the baron of hell,the "tyrant" which is just a cyberdemon and the Archvile

- - - Updated - - -

Are you using borderless windowed or full screen?
    It works fine for me with full screen,but borderless windowed often fixes alt tab issues with a lot of games
    Fullscreen, borderless AND regular windowed.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Werent you standing in that purple goop? It grounds you hard.
    No. I wasn't. Don't think the map had any of that.

It's effects are kinda hard to miss. I would have noticed whether I was standing on it or not
    Last edited by Santti; 2020-03-21 at 09:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Fullscreen, borderless AND regular windowed.
    What exactly is happening when you alt tab?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I love the game. Gives me the same feelings satisfaction of as Sekiro. Just make sure you're not playing it on an difficulty that's to easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    after a few hours I got used to all the changes they made, but the only big downside of DE are the endless jumping puzzles, I hate jumping puzzles...

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    after a few hours I got used to all the changes they made, but the only big downside of DE are the endless jumping puzzles, I hate jumping puzzles...
    they do feel out of place,but at least unlike the Doom 2016 ones,they feel a lot better thanks to the crazy mobility you have

Completed it, what a ride. That must've been of the most intense bossfights ever. I REALLY love the gameplay revamp, it's a lot more demanding than the previous iterations and requires a lot more action of the player. Can't wait to play it again on a higher difficulty.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    they do feel out of place,but at least unlike the Doom 2016 ones,they feel a lot better thanks to the crazy mobility you have
    They are only out of place because the old Doom games didn't have jumping. But there were areas where you had to effectively do something similar in order to reach certain passageways or door switches, especially in Doom II. I think that's kind of how they tried to make the game similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what's the consensus? I'm replaying the first one again first.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They've redeemed themselves from the god-awful TV ad spot they made. Wonder if they went with a different creative agency for this, one that actually knows what the hell Doom is about.

From what i have seen this trailer is from IDsoftware itself the godawful rap trailer was from Bethesda once again confirming that Bethesda has no fucking clue what it is doing

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Sounds like they're patching it back in though. A shame, from googling it sounds like it would have ran significantly better without that borderline malware.
    So wait, the whole point of the system is to prevent piracy. And Bethesta released what basically is an official crack, which makes piracy basically effortless. And now they are patching the system back in, after all the pirates had their fill? Basically patching in anti-pirate software to software that doesn't need to be pirated anymore?

Doom Eternal is a good game but Doom 2016 is far superior imo. Doom Eternal feels like a lengthy DLC and what’s with all the platforming, wall climbing and puzzles that are way too easy anyway? They don’t fulfill any purpose.

It is worth the money but I prefer Doom 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaL GuArD View Post
    Cacodemons were also tanky in 2016, but you had two chances to get the gauss cannon before you meet first one. Eternal throws them at you since first level and gives them a gimmick to make them beatable.

yeah,the game really really picks up the pace around Mission 4
    I find the massive spike to be Mission 6. First, the slayer gate stops giving you any illusion of fair fight and throws everything with a kitchen sink at you from the start. I thought it couldnt get any worse and thats when the elevator fakeout happened. That one was the longest endurance fight I have experienced in both 2016 and Eternal so far.

Anyway:

Mick Gordon truly is the best.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2020-03-21 at 10:03 PM.

Man, the fight right after you pick up the crucible sword, i just can't do it. Marauders are fine, their dogs are fucking bullshit, but serving me a marauder, his fucking dogs, a cyber mancubus, a cacodemon, a dreadnight, prowlers, and a whiplash? I think i'm gonna be stuck on that part for a while.

Well, after a few hours I know I won't be buying this game. The game play is monotonous, it's too much of a platformer for my taste, the music is extremely annoying which one might think not to be a problem since you can disable it. But music is an extremely important factor in creating immersion.

It's kinda fun, for half an hour, it's blood gorgeous and it runs smooth as butter on max settings. But it's not a good game, not at all.

Opinion, anyway.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side