Thread: Doom Eternal

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Also want to point out I feel the game was going to have a giant mech fight but didn't. Too many clues throughout the game that was suggesting giant robot vs giant demon fight. Sadly, that didn't happen.
    Might be on purpose tbh,kind of a "you don't need a giant mech to slaughter demons" kinda deal to make you feel more badass,but that's speculation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Might be on purpose tbh,kind of a "you don't need a giant mech to slaughter demons" kinda deal to make you feel more badass,but that's speculation
    Well not rly. Just some creator realy wanted mech to be in game. So he made them as background.

Also those demons with shield (and fire dog) are realy un-fair on harder modes. Some part of maps just didnt have enogh space for boss to go green .
    You would think you can 1 K.O. them with that sword you get, but NOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I think the main reason for this is because Doom is very movement heavy where you are just not supposed to stop but unlike 2016 in Eternal every enemy can and will try to melee you so it is rediculous easy to accidentally run into some enemies and get your ass kicked which wasn't really problem in 2016 where only certain enemies tried to melee you while the rest usually kept their distance.
    It's more that enemies do not hesitate to gang up on you instead if you wade into melee range. Even Gargoyles and Imps, who prefer attacking from afar, will bust out the claws and do significant damage if you thoughtlessly jump into the fray, and can easily bodyblock you so that Hell Knight or Mancubus murders you in a second flat. You are the one that should keep your distance to anticipate enemy attacks.

Playing Battlemode was actually decent training for Nightmare on my end, since to succeed there as Slayer you also need to balance between patient defense and rapid, calculated offense. Just YOLOing into a pack of enemies will get you killed very, very quickly.

If Doom Eternal has a sequel, I reckon:

- Doom Slayer should have a revived/reconstituted Night Sentinel army to back him up
    - Samuel Hayden's true intentions and origin should be revealed
    - the "Dark Lord", the true mastermind and ruler of Hell, should be the final boss
    - the Slayer should have an expanded arsenal of weapons, like those of the Doom mod Project Brutality, or could borrow some from Quake and Unreal Tournament
    - the story could be a "taking the fight to them" type, rather than going back to Earth or Mars

All wishful thinking of course. In any case, Doom Eternal is fantastic. I'm glad they didn't release it in November 2019. It's pleasing that they took the time to polish it.

Have to agree with many youtubers that the Marauder is a shit enemy that ruins the "flow" of a match.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Have to agree with many youtubers that the Marauder is a shit enemy that ruins the "flow" of a match.
    Yeah, it just doesn't fit in Doom if you ask me.

Anyway, I finished all secrets but I still have one door in my fortress I can't open because I miss one battery. Anyone have an idea?
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Yeah, it just doesn't fit in Doom if you ask me.

Anyway, I finished all secrets but I still have one door in my fortress I can't open because I miss one battery. Anyone have an idea?
    At least make the shield breakable by the plasma gun, like the other shields. And get rid of the stupid green eye window, having some ridiculously small window just does not fit the rest of the game.

not a fan... was hoping they would make it better than doom'16 but nope... Guess I should have known when I didn't care for doom'16 didn't even finish it. Story-wise I'm lost as well with no real summary of events at this point, I'm guessing something in doom'16 lead to this. would have been nice to have more background here. graphics are great as expected but can't enjoy them when you are running around low no ammo/hp chainsawing enemies, and going for more special kills than anything. Maybe it gets better but one level 1 and I have no desire to finish the game, going to see if I can drop my current game to the lowest difficulty just to push through for story.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    If Doom Eternal has a sequel, I reckon:

- Doom Slayer should have a revived/reconstituted Night Sentinel army to back him up
    - Samuel Hayden's true intentions and origin should be revealed
    - the "Dark Lord", the true mastermind and ruler of Hell, should be the final boss
    - the Slayer should have an expanded arsenal of weapons, like those of the Doom mod Project Brutality, or could borrow some from Quake and Unreal Tournament
    - the story could be a "taking the fight to them" type, rather than going back to Earth or Mars

All wishful thinking of course. In any case, Doom Eternal is fantastic. I'm glad they didn't release it in November 2019. It's pleasing that they took the time to polish it.
    Apparently they have 2+ main campaign DLC that will come out at a later date. Can’t direct you to the source as it was via a YouTube vid

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The one thing that really irritates me about him is that he raises his shield up if nearby demons fire stray shots at him, which can throw all your timings regarding his attacks and movement to the bin. Also the Crucible should have destroyed his shield instead of being harmless, give it some more utility.

IMO the Crucible should also have replaced the Blood Punch, justifying the big upgrades you get to that ability later in the game. I just don't think being able to one-hit like, 10 or 12 demons over the course of an entire campaign (save for that arena in Taras Nabad and the final boss) is worth it for a weapon that has been foreshadowed since 2016 and is a prominent part of Eternal's marketing and story.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    not a fan... was hoping they would make it better than doom'16 but nope... Guess I should have known when I didn't care for doom'16 didn't even finish it. Story-wise I'm lost as well with no real summary of events at this point, I'm guessing something in doom'16 lead to this. would have been nice to have more background here. graphics are great as expected but can't enjoy them when you are running around low no ammo/hp chainsawing enemies, and going for more special kills than anything. Maybe it gets better but one level 1 and I have no desire to finish the game, going to see if I can drop my current game to the lowest difficulty just to push through for story.
    Honestly if you don't enjoy the gameplay simply don't play. You don't have to like everything.
    The story in Doom isn't something worth struggling through content for, your not missing an epic tale.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Did i miss any lore on that huge Maykr in the tank shortly before the Khan fight in Urdak? What is that thing?

Can kill a marauder in less than 10 sec now, he doesn't interrupt the flow of a match at all if you know that you can burst the living hell out of him while he's stunned by a ballista/SSG. Simply swap your ssg/ballista with the other and do it two more times and he's dead.

i'm on ps4 and having a blast, this music combined with shooting on a controller melts my brains every time, so i turn music off and play up john wick ost on my pc - it matches well, try it out
    i'm on normal and some fights are very intense

fun fact: doom eternal runs steady 60fps on all consoles

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Can kill a marauder in less than 10 sec now, he doesn't interrupt the flow of a match at all if you know that you can burst the living hell out of him while he's stunned by a ballista/SSG. Simply swap your ssg/ballista with the other and do it two more times and he's dead.
    this is kind of a spoiler lol
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished it, it was good but personally I liked 2016 better, BE felt more like a Quake or UT with that movement.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Did i miss any lore on that huge Maykr in the tank shortly before the Khan fight in Urdak? What is that thing?
    We don't really know. Maybe it's the previous Khan, maybe they're trying to make more since lore states they have been unable to designate a successor to the current one. It probably serves as foreshadowing to the Makyr's true appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    We don't really know. Maybe it's the previous Khan, maybe they're trying to make more since lore states they have been unable to designate a successor to the current one. It probably serves as foreshadowing to the Makyr's true appearance.
    I was assuming this was supposed to be the new Khan that couldn't be "finished", but it's so much bigger than the current one.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    i'm on ps4 and having a blast, this music combined with shooting on a controller melts my brains every time, so i turn music off and play up john wick ost on my pc - it matches well, try it out
    i'm on normal and some fights are very intense

fun fact: doom eternal runs steady 60fps on all consoles

- - - Updated - - -

this is kind of a spoiler lol
    >turning off the music in a doom game
    We have never met, and we probably never will, but please never forget how immeasurably disappointed in you i am.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Honestly if you don't enjoy the gameplay simply don't play. You don't have to like everything.
    The story in Doom isn't something worth struggling through content for, your not missing an epic tale.
    it's more so since I paid for it might as grind through it..
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Finished it, it was good but personally I liked 2016 better, BE felt more like a Quake or UT with that movement.
    Personally, I feel that Doom Eternal was a huge leap over 2016. A huge leap over any previous first person shooter game before it. I didn't like Doom 2016 as well, because I felt like they were catering too much to nostalgia and still didn't get the feel of the original Doom. Doom Eternal feels like a proper evolution of the Doom franchise as well as FPS games. Being able to dash and double jump makes a huge different in how the game flows. Plus unlike other FPS titles, this one you don't stand still. You stand still or hide behind something and you're dead. Gotta keep moving in this game. I could see using a gamepad to be a huge hindrance for Doom Eternal.