Page 1 of 184
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] The Division 2

Release date: March 15th 2019
    Beta registration: https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisof...ame/en-us/beta

ABOUT TOM CLANCY’S THE DIVISION 2:

Seven months have passed since a deadly virus hit New York City and the rest of the world, crippling the population. When the virus hit, The Division, a unit of civilian sleeper agents, was activated as the last line of defense. Since then, Division agents have been fighting relentlessly to save what remains.

For The Division, the stakes are higher than ever. Washington, D.C. – the most heavily protected city on earth – is at risk, leaving the entire nation on the brink of collapse. If Washington, D.C., is lost, then the nation falls. As a Division agent who has been in the field for seven months, you and your team are the last hope to stop the fall of society after the pandemic collapse.

Developed by Ubisoft Massive and the same teams that brought you Tom Clancy’s The Division®, Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2 is an online open world, action shooter RPG experience set in a collapsing and fractured Washington, D.C. This rich new setting combines a wide variety of beautiful, iconic, and realistic environments where the player will experience the series’ trademark for authenticity in world building, rich RPG systems, and fast-paced action like never before. Play solo or co-op with a team of up to four players to complete a wide range of activities, from the main campaign and adversarial PvP matches to the Dark Zone – where anything can happen.

A TRANSFORMED WASHINGTON, D.C.

In the wake of the virus, storms, flooding, and subsequent chaos have radically transformed Washington, D.C. Explore a living open world full of diverse environments, from flooded urban areas to historic sites and landmarks, during one of the hottest summers in history. The streets have been overrun with enemy factions, each with its own agenda and each vying for control of DC. It will be up to you to liberate the city and protect what remains of society.
    Some extra screenshots and stuff: https://imgur.com/a/4Eaa9Xi

----------------

The Division 2 Reveals Raids, DLC Plans, Player Specs and More At Ubisoft E3 Presentation https://www.dualshockers.com/the-div...-e3-raids-dlc/

----------------

- 8 player raids
    - "Games as a Service", future content will be free - 3 content DLC's in year one
    - Player specs at level 30 - Demolitionist, Survivalist and Sharpshooter
    - Each spec has a specific weapon and skills - Crossbow, Sniper Rifle, Grenade Launcher
    - The Drone seems to have returned as a player skill
    - Heavily armored enemies can have their armor segments shot off
    - Loot Crates hanging from parachutes can be shot for loot
    - the map is 11km², which would mean it's '75% larger' than Division 1's map. Washington DC at a 1:1 scale.
    - the Dark Zone is making a return
    - dynamic weather; Storms, lightning, thunder, rain
    - there will be control points you can liberate for civilians, they can then be overrun by enemies again - in the likes of Far Cry outposts

----------------

Kotaku interview with Red Storm: https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/06/th...the-last-game/

----------------

This is supposedly the Dark Zone wall in Division 2:

----------------

A summery of most of the E3 2018 Division talk found on Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...ion_2_summary/

Updated Division 2 Wiki page at the Reddit sub:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...hedivision2faq

----------------

I'm excited to see where Massive is heading with Division 2!
    The first one I've clocked around a 1000h, it had it's ups and downs but looking back at it I certainly had a lot of fun. Kinda stopped playing in the last patch because it was stated no more content would be released (save for a few Legendary missions) and the sequel was announced.

Div2 being set in summer is a plus since eternal winter got a bit dull at some point. The new skills look very cool, the destruction of enemy armor looks great! I'm looking forward to more gameplay reveal but I'm already pretty positive I'll be picking this one up.

All Div2 needs is a more constant flow of content, and I really hope Ubisoft will truly make this a 'games as a service' product and keeps supporting this for a longer time than Div1.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2018-06-18 at 06:40 AM.

Deleted
    What is wrong with the Voice Overs? D:

10+ Year Old Account
    I really really hope they dont follow Destiny 2 into a failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Yes that is my biggest concern too. Everything sequel related left a bad taste ever since Destiny 2 was such a letdown.
    There are tweets and reddit posts from the devs saying they want to make it feel like a continuation of Division 1, and not a complete reset/re-imagination as Destiny 2 was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Yes that is my biggest concern too. Everything sequel related left a bad taste ever since Destiny 2 was such a letdown.
    There are tweets and reddit posts from the devs saying they want to make it feel like a continuation of Division 1, and not a complete reset/re-imagination as Destiny 2 was.
    Let alone selling you the same features in DLCs that already were in D1 etc Activision bullshit. TD1 atm on PC is pretty good so if they just take these systems and improve upon them TD2 would prolly be amaizing.

I actually just started playing the first one i got from last sale. It's definitely a cool game and i love the combat, controls and generally i'm having a really good experience.

Though, this comes after 2 years of constant development, DLCs and patches. All for a game that is playable and enjoying but doesn't look much like an incredible title. I mean, it's good, but it's good now after all the changes it's gone through.

Agree fully with the "Destiny 2 effect". I don't like at all how they spent 2 years of work to make the first chapter playable just to announce the sequel soon after. Smells like cash grab - now that the hype is back, better make money out of impulsive buyers and affectionados with a Vanilla game that's half the prequel then shell out DLC over DLC to milk more money out of people.

I'm gonna play the hell out of The Division now, hopefully clocking out an hefty amount of hours. Then check for release and reviews, and if it's going like i expect wait for the "gold edition" go on sale after everything has been release.

No more half assed unfinished games for me. The Destiny 2 burn has been too great to ignore it. Hopefully this game won't follow the same path.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

So are they going to have actual squad tactics this time or are they going to chicken out and remove all of it 3 months into release instead of fixing it like the first one? Was really disappointed they decided to just make everyone rambo instead of iterating on the suppress/flank/support system.

hurm. so anyone who knows the division and has experience in video editing can tell this gameplay was suspiciously reeking of 'look away when it shows its a bullet sponge and have an explosive kill things fast' to cover up the actual speed of gameplay with "dude up top, i'll go right" [REALISTIC GAMER SPEECH®] and thats a bit worrying.

Beyond that i hope it isn't just destiny 2 all over again and im curious if this is a straight sequel or 'what if a similar event happened elsewhere' sequel or something.

Jesus that staged voice chat.

Do they really think that's how we talk with friends online?

Although hopefully they don't pull a Destiny 2 and make the game worse. Although with how well Division 1 got over time hopefully it turns out decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    My realistic voice chat with my friend whome I abuse alot in multiplayer games (he loves it):

"Bitch get your ass over here and ressurect my ass!!"
    Ours is yelling RES OR RIOT down the chat until our last man standing does. Has been a long standing tradition since our Halo 2 days.

Are these morons playing the game, or role playing?

- "duke, kit, did you guys hear that?"
    - "yeah...closer this time"

Role playing or just playing? And what's the point of staged voice chat? These low IQ morons think this is cool and good way to advertise their game?

Here is what I think:

Another shit game by Ubisoft. The only kind of game they are competent enough to develop; shit games. Putting my hatred towards Ubisoft aside, judging by this footage, why did they needed a second game? Only difference is better graphics, better physics and possibly better AI. Cash grab, move on folks, don't buy their products.

10+ Year Old Account
    The voicecoms of the first one where even more staged hehe. They went a bit 'lets talk fancy gamer talk' with the 'don't agro him yet' stuff vs the super roleplaying they did in the Division 1 showcase.

Looking forward to the beta. Showcase trailers are always rubbish to judge a game on. Same with the Anthem stuff, all flashy flashy bang bang look at all this pretty stuff. Who plays a game like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Honestly...I don't think they will...Division started rocky but Massive continually listened to the community and delivered a really good game over time. I think Destiny 2 being what it is...anyone that makes a similar looter/shooter game(division/anthem) will look at that and say nah let's not mess this up. Hopefully the pick up where Division is and add to it...instead of just messing everything up and making the same mistakes...I don't think Massive is that dumb...but we'll have to wait and see...either way im super hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Honestly...I don't think they will...Division started rocky but Massive continually listened to the community and delivered a really good game over time. I think Destiny 2 being what it is...anyone that makes a similar looter/shooter game(division/anthem) will look at that and say nah let's not mess this up. Hopefully the pick up where Division is and add to it...instead of just messing everything up and making the same mistakes...I don't think Massive is that dumb...but we'll have to wait and see...either way im super hyped.
    Man if they manage to make a game worse than Destiny 2 I'll be amazed personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Man if they manage to make a game worse than Destiny 2 I'll be amazed personally.
    If they make a game worse than destiny 2 I will probably stop buying ubisoft games....I'm already done with Bungie for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Division was a really good fun game in my opinion.

The game just lacks a bit in the content department. I really enjoyed the 4 man missions, but they never released anymore. When I went back to the game for the world events, I just found myself farming 4 mans I had farmed from the launch of the game.

Wonder if they'll still have a darkzone, and what (if any) improvements they'll make to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    If they make a game worse than destiny 2 I will probably stop buying ubisoft games....I'm already done with Bungie for good.
    Personally if they make a new Rayman game I'll still buy it. Legends and Origins were amazing.

But I doubt they can fuck up the Division 2. First one is ending on a high note.

Destiny 1 from what I gather ended on a low note. Although still no excuse to not learn from your mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty pleased with what I saw. I hope there are more woods areas like the beginning of the trailer. Once I saw that, I was super excited, but then they moved into a more familiar type of a setting. I hope it is mixed up enough to bring some interesting environments into the game.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I was pretty pleased with what I saw. I hope there are more woods areas like the beginning of the trailer. Once I saw that, I was super excited, but then they moved into a more familiar type of a setting. I hope it is mixed up enough to bring some interesting environments into the game.
    From what Ubisofts put out beyond the trailer its washington after a flood helped contribute to the spread of the virus this time. It might not even be terrorists at all but a pandemic compounded by a natural disaster and since washington can get swampy as fug in flood seasons it should make for some interesting variation. Story and boss issues aside the world of division always had one big flaw and that was people demanding a break from the concrete and rebar. This aint central park but i'll take it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really love The Division 1, it's one of the few games that really visually astounded me a couple of times. I'd never been to New York so going there in a pretty accurate game was cool. Also going into the Dark Zone was exciting almost each time.

Can't wait for 2, trailer looked nice(except the crappy dialogue once again).

I really hope they won't downgrade the graphics too much - I really like when the guy goes behind cover at 4.52 he bangs against it and things move.