Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Damn. I wanted to try the builds i have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I just get super frustrated with the disparity between challenging and heroic, and between RedM1A and literally everything else.

The changes in 9.1 won't stop the current meta from being so dominant. It'll probably make it worse as glassss canon and vanguard become more usable. And none of the balance changes fixes how clunky skills are to use.

I don't know. I probably just need to play something else for awhile and wait to see what new trainwreck Massive causes with the raid.
    Well, you're going through the phase i went some weeks ago Anyway, making life easier automatically opens up new options. And M1A is going to be nerfed, other full red builds are on par with others like skill builds. Both underpowere weapons and skill are going to be buffed.

It's a slow and painful process and Massive did a shit job. Right now we either check the changes or stop playing until all the updates are out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ALSO ALSO they need to 3-4x the amount of crafting mats players can have
    Fun fact: it's currently like 15x it was before Still you cap them out because crafting sucks.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Fun fact: it's currently like 15x it was before Still you cap them out because crafting sucks.
    Just...fucking how can they whiff that bloody hard. If RNG is a big part of the loot game and they're gonna shit crafting materials at us non-stop, they need to be fucking useful. Right now they don't feel that way, because between limited access to brand-specific crafting (you run out of that stuff QUICK) and the generally low cap, not to mention the multi-staged UI that makes crafting a bunch of stuff at once a pain in the dick, I actively don't even want to bloody craft. And crafting seems to be one of the better ways to try to get that specific piece of gear you need to fill out a set, because running targeted loot for just that piece/brand is still a crapshoot : /

Again, this kind of shit makes me wonder if anyone at Massive seriously plays MMO's and the like. Because despite making the first game and all...I'm still skeptical as hell.

Just...fucking how can they whiff that bloody hard. If RNG is a big part of the loot game and they're gonna shit crafting materials at us non-stop, they need to be fucking useful. Right now they don't feel that way, because between limited access to brand-specific crafting (you run out of that stuff QUICK) and the generally low cap, not to mention the multi-staged UI that makes crafting a bunch of stuff at once a pain in the dick, I actively don't even want to bloody craft. And crafting seems to be one of the better ways to try to get that specific piece of gear you need to fill out a set, because running targeted loot for just that piece/brand is still a crapshoot : /

Again, this kind of shit makes me wonder if anyone at Massive seriously plays MMO's and the like. Because despite making the first game and all...I'm still skeptical as hell.
    Eh. And it would be easy to fix - just put it so you can target one stat at the moment of crafting, and teh bench scales with your difficulty level. You an make it a simple project so for heroic crafting you have to do some heroic content. Add to that the ability to reroll the talents spearately from the stats and the system is just solid.

It's widely understood that Massive only plays on normal, and struggles there.

So....yeah. :/

- - - Updated - - -

God rolled Liberty out of my exotic chest. Damage out of cover too. Not bad.....if I had any interest in using the liberty pistol. >_<

Some of those zombie objectives were super annoying, too. Oh well, at least I don't have to do anything else the rest of the week now.

Some of those zombie objectives were super annoying, too. Oh well, at least I don't have to do anything else the rest of the week now.
    I think I'm missing out...I haven't been going for any of this stuff really. Seems...kinda annoying, rather than fun. I should put more effort into actually doing shit, I still need to finish the unlocks for the other special weapons so I can get those rewards (already got them unlocked via the season pass thingy). Just...ugh, the inability to be able to track stuff without constantly checking menu's is annoying. Give us a damn quest log that will show missions out of combat! I know you can show a single project and that's nice, but just...gah.

I think I'm missing out...I haven't been going for any of this stuff really. Seems...kinda annoying, rather than fun. I should put more effort into actually doing shit, I still need to finish the unlocks for the other special weapons so I can get those rewards (already got them unlocked via the season pass thingy). Just...ugh, the inability to be able to track stuff without constantly checking menu's is annoying. Give us a damn quest log that will show missions out of combat! I know you can show a single project and that's nice, but just...gah.
    I only did it for yhe exotic cache, hoping for a Bullet King. Still no luck on that front. :/

Mostly just turn on the event and run whatever you want for the first few days. Generally you'll stack up objectives without even trying. Later you can track specific stuff as needed.

Eh. And it would be easy to fix - just put it so you can target one stat at the moment of crafting, and teh bench scales with your difficulty level. You an make it a simple project so for heroic crafting you have to do some heroic content. Add to that the ability to reroll the talents spearately from the stats and the system is just solid.
    You shut your whore mouth before they hear you... Otherwise they'll add a difficulty specific item that you need 10 of to make one item and another 10 stat specific items that you can only get 2 a week

10+ Year Old Account
    It's widely understood that Massive only plays on normal, and struggles there.

So....yeah. :/

[
    I often think that too, yet this is a pretty interresting read on someone who thinks otherwise (and I havent decided if I agree with him yet, he thinks some bug and glitches are cause by players abusing doors/spawns causing the AI to get messed up. Good read regardless of agreeing):

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...tm_name=iossmf

I often think that too, yet this is a pretty interresting read on someone who thinks otherwise (and I havent decided if I agree with him yet, he thinks some bug and glitches are cause by players abusing doors/spawns causing the AI to get messed up. Good read regardless of agreeing):

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...tm_name=iossmf
    It's an interesting read, and I don't doubt that the guy who wrote it has correctly identified what's going on. However....here's the problem:

The devs spent all that time and effort and detail on a game mode that MAYBE 1% of all players will ever experience, if they ever experience it at the level that the reddit poster describes. While at the same time they're leaving the vast majority of the playerbase to languish with bugs and unbalance down at hard and challenging.

This is a GROSS mis-allocation of dev resources. It's probably that one guy who said "we want players to climb to the top of the mountain" who doesn't even realize that most players are not mountain-climbers, have no interest in that, and really just want a fun semi-challenge to play, and content to progress through.

Maybe there is one or two guys who play at a higher level. But I submit that those devs are doing so from a position of knowing everything about the development and design of the game. It's like a former dungeons and dragons GM who knows all the stats of ever monster, and has already seen the map of every encounter. But the problem here is that players don't have access to that. We have to figure things out without that advantage. We have to make sense of poorly explained, undocumented game mechanics.

How many players even know there's a stealth mechanic in the game? How many people know you can change your aiming perspective by shifting from right to left? How many even know that on some low cover you can aim around the corner, or over the top? NONE of this is explained.

The devs need to, respectfully, stop navel-gazing, sniffing their own farts and claiming it's roses, and start listening to what the vast majority of the playerbase is telling them. When even a lot of the youtubers(who are some of their most dedicated and analytical supporters) start questioning the validity of the game design, it's time to wake the fuck up and start paying attention.

Whatever they've got planned after TU10, they need to drop everything and focus on smoothing out the progression curve of difficulty. Stop catering to trolls who think the DZ is good, and start catering to the majority of their players where the bulk of them are actually playing: Solo or small group missions and the open world between hard to heroic, not in raids or legendaries!

They NEED to fix that and make that enjoyable and smooth to play before looking at anything else. Get off the "top of the mountain" bullshit and come down to earth. Focus on the core of the game before spending any more time on the fringe.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-05-12 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    You shut your whore mouth before they hear you... Otherwise they'll add a difficulty specific item that you need 10 of to make one item and another 10 stat specific items that you can only get 2 a week
    Wow, did i trigger you? No real need to be like that. A system like that would be truly bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    --snip--
    I'm with you on all you said. TBH it's a flashback to Div1, they where at this exact same point in Div1 too. They pushed the dlc content aside in order to fix the fundamentals. They are in dire need of doing that again, drop everything and fix the base game before anything else.

I'm with you on all you said. TBH it's a flashback to Div1, they where at this exact same point in Div1 too. They pushed the dlc content aside in order to fix the fundamentals. They are in dire need of doing that again, drop everything and fix the base game before anything else.
    I think it's been already said, but hell. I don't get like AT ALL why Washington DC wasn't an expansion for Div1. And why they didn't just iterate the game instead of releasing a sequel and just go back to square one.

After a very rough start, they admittely had a nice product that was universally welcomed and played consistently.

I think it's been already said, but hell. I don't get like AT ALL why Washington DC wasn't an expansion for Div1. And why they didn't just iterate the game instead of releasing a sequel and just go back to square one.

After a very rough start, they admittely had a nice product that was universally welcomed and played consistently.
    And why, for the love of god, would you take everything good you learned from the first game....and abandon it for the second game? o_O

I get wanting to try new things, but really....talk about reinventing the wheel.

- - - Updated - - -

Something that going back to the M1A has taught me should also be a high priority for Massive:

Hit detection.

FFS...the number of times I've been shooting at a stationary target and had a bullet just.....do nothing. I guess it's just not noticeable when using an automatic, or fast-firing gun. But holy crap! So frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats a reason I stashed the Striker set after just a few days. Emptying an LMG clip on a heavy at point blank and have only like 35 strikers stacks on the target.

Hmmm. Well. I do like the new mission to hunt Jupiter. Those EMP thingies are...not very realistic. That's just not how EMP works. But it's a cool game mechanic. Just don't be wearing glass canon. You'll die.

And...got another Chameleon as a reward. Meh. Free exotic mats I guess. I did pick up another Coyote's Mask somewhere too. Not sure where, but .5 crit hit damage upgrade. Lol!

I guess you can replay the entire manhunt campaign for additional rewards? Not sure what that means, but I guess I'll try it over the rest of the week.

The EMP sticky is....a thing? I think it's meant for PVP, because I honestly can't think of too much use for a single target/small radius disrupt effect besides knocking down people's shields. It doesn't even do explosive damage. :/
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-05-12 at 03:53 PM.

Hmmm. Well. I do like the new mission to hunt Jupiter. Those EMP thingies are...not very realistic. That's just not how EMP works. But it's a cool game mechanic. Just don't be wearing glass canon. You'll die.

And...got another Chameleon as a reward. Meh. Free exotic mats I guess. I did pick up another Coyote's Mask somewhere too. Not sure where, but .5 crit hit damage upgrade. Lol!
    Man Chameleon is such hot garbage. The talent is amazing...until you realize that by the time you've got it rolling you're already 2/3 empty on your ammo reserves. I played around with it a bit when I got one and it's just such trash.

Coyote though...I'm still struggling to fin another exotic that comes close to how good it is.

Thanks for the heads up on Jupiter. May try to solo her for shits, but I'll probably just do my usual grouping up and get carried/use others as a meatshield/distraction so I can shred.

Man Chameleon is such hot garbage. The talent is amazing...until you realize that by the time you've got it rolling you're already 2/3 empty on your ammo reserves. I played around with it a bit when I got one and it's just such trash.

Coyote though...I'm still struggling to fin another exotic that comes close to how good it is.

Thanks for the heads up on Jupiter. May try to solo her for shits, but I'll probably just do my usual grouping up and get carried/use others as a meatshield/distraction so I can shred.
    Just in case you don't mind minor spoilers for how to get past the EMPs.

You have to run up and stand near them until the counter fills to 100(it's really fast). Then they become vulnerable to damage. But in that time you'll take at least one hit from the pulse, if not two. Which is fine if you're out of combat and your health/armor instantly fills back up. But if there's even 1 enemy you won't regen fast enough between pulses unless you use and armor kit.

If there's another way to take them down, I didn't figure it out.

Good to know, and coincidentally that's almost the same mechanic as a STO mission I just played. I can live with that, or just die a lot and find a group so that my mistakes don't instantly kill me : P

Good to know, and coincidentally that's almost the same mechanic as a STO mission I just played. I can live with that, or just die a lot and find a group so that my mistakes don't instantly kill me : P
    Someone on the official forums is saying that cover works vs those things. Those spoiler things. ;D

Someone on the official forums is saying that cover works vs those things. Those spoiler things. ;D
    So it will finally have a use?! : D

Unrelated: After the update I'm legit going to try to build a pure headshot/rifleman build. There was a thread mathing out weapon damage I saw and the increase from Boomerang was...not as impressive as I'd hoped, and I learned that apparently crit caps at 60% (what the fuck? is this a hard cap or just the max you can get it to? Because I may be burning tons of extra crit for nothing...) which further decreases the value. Given just how much more headshot damage you can get stat-wise compared to crit/crit damage, and the like 140% bonus damage on my white death, it seems like it would be good to swap onto my M1A (non-classic) for a nice big damage boost on bosses.

Since it no longer resets whenever you get a non-headshot, which makes it good again. Just bummed I can't use the 30% headshot damage scope since you can't ironsights with it and I loathe the scoping mechanics in this game. Guess more crit or getting something like an optimal range boost wouldn't hurt.