Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

On the topic of Ongoing Directive and Pestilence: Are you using Vile with it? It seems like a natural fit.
    Yeah that was the idea - you getting 1 skill tier which is as useful as it can be and lose a 15%wd, but i assume that the bleeds and vile damage will compensate quite a lot. Also Directive has both wd and status effect.

I was just wondering since Directive comes with yellow mods slots if i could make some use of them or i would just reroll them. Though honestly it's just two rolls that i cannot put anything really good into (even crit kinda sucks because it would be only a 10-12% and dots/skills don't crit).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderOgden View Post
    Legendary on the other hand still seems unchanged und highly unfair with countless rushers
    I tried some of them, never finished them, cannot care less honestly. It's literally cheese fighting cheese - damage over the top, super aggressive AI, drone spam, etc. Before you made everything useless with constant CC, not it's all about having turrets/drones do the job for you and turtling/fleeing/going back.

To me it's literally the opposite of engaging gameplay.
    EDIT: also given how much hp enemies have, sustained dmg builds are just better. If anything, healers have a place in there.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

I'm not going to bother with Legendary. The timespend/reward just isnt there.

In Division 1 it was fun trying to solo them. Finished all of them as a duo. Was really fun to do. Div2 legendary, not so much.

Oh yeah, i'm gonna do them for the cosmetics then never again. I like the raid much much more, there's actually coordination and mechanics to play, they've been interesting fights in the past one (as and fps can make use of those). Hopefully the new one is like the first, and not something like "this guy does all fire damage, all need a 100% hazard protection so we're immune to his damage".

Fun fact is that right now the game pace is really good to me. Legendaries are really a drag and nothing more (but fortunately they're just optional).

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Oh yeah, i'm gonna do them for the cosmetics then never again. I like the raid much much more, there's actually coordination and mechanics to play, they've been interesting fights in the past one (as and fps can make use of those). Hopefully the new one is like the first, and not something like "this guy does all fire damage, all need a 100% hazard protection so we're immune to his damage".

Fun fact is that right now the game pace is really good to me. Legendaries are really a drag and nothing more (but fortunately they're just optional).
    I would REALLY like it if they took the creativity with puzzles and other mechanics and applied them to regular 1-4 man content.

Legendaries are a fine example of what NOT to do it increase difficulty for content: Just turn up the HP, damage, and number of enemies. Legendary should involve more complex encounters, with more objectives than just "hur dur dur! Kill all the enemies! Oh yeah...hur hur! All the enemies are super-soldiers!"

I've said it before, bring back Incursions! :-D

Having 8-man content in a game with such fluctuating concurrent player numbers is just a waste, imho. It would be justified if 100k's of people where playing the game but thats not the case.

Four-man Incursions sounds like a much more worthwhile development investment for the % of players able to participate in them.

Yeah that was the idea - you getting 1 skill tier which is as useful as it can be and lose a 15%wd, but i assume that the bleeds and vile damage will compensate quite a lot. Also Directive has both wd and status effect.

I was just wondering since Directive comes with yellow mods slots if i could make some use of them or i would just reroll them. Though honestly it's just two rolls that i cannot put anything really good into (even crit kinda sucks because it would be only a 10-12% and dots/skills don't crit)..
    I think the idea is to maybe have you put skill duration mods into those slots. Which is weird, because I'm pretty sure those don't effect bleed duration. Then again, the entire gear mod section of the game sucks giant donkey balls for anything besides red. Go figure, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    I've said it before, bring back Incursions! :-D

Having 8-man content in a game with such fluctuating concurrent player numbers is just a waste, imho. It would be justified if 100k's of people where playing the game but thats not the case.

Four-man Incursions sounds like a much more worthwhile development investment for the % of players able to participate in them.
    They're too busy chasing the trends set by other games instead of setting the trends of their own game. Raids are something copied from big MMORPGs and Destiny. Look at how many resources were put into this newest raid: Twitch for drops, a cinematic, set pieces, two exotics, cosmetics, the emphasis on "world first"(as though anyone actually cares), story, and all of TU10's bug fixes and balancing having to be done before the raid release. Oh....and at the cost of season 2 basically being copy/paste of season 1 because all the focus is on the raid instead of game-wide content.

I really hope this new raids bombs hard, and the game's participation and activity drop dramatically after the few big clans and streamers get their loot and never return. I want it to go down in flames so hard that the leadership at Massive physically slaps anyone that even mentions the word "raid" in public.

Maybe then they'll get back to doing what makes The Division good, instead of trying to shoehorn in what makes other games good.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-06-30 at 01:06 PM.

-snip-
    Actually, raid participation is very high and has been through all the expansion. I did it around 80 or 90 times and i didn't play a lot, and also have never seen the EB

The funniest part is that despite it being 8 player it's actually easier to organize than legendaries. Also, while builds are important, the way fights are done are all about execution and not perfect gear. My team tried some speed runs and we managed to do it in the realm of 20 minutes or so.

Really. While i agree that having gear locked behind the raid isn't stellar, the raid is actually more accessible than legendaries.

Actually, raid participation is very high and has been through all the expansion. .
    Based on what info? Where do you get this data? I strongly suspect that without the raid-locked gear the raid would be far less played. There are people who STILL don't have an Eagle Bearer.

And besides, they could take the good elements of raiding, and put it into regular 1-4 man content, and lose absolutely nothing. As I said: Focusing on what makes the division good instead of copy/pasting other games.

So, watched the world first race a little last night. It was super fun to see those guys going in blind and stumble upon mechanics they have no clue how to use

From what i've seen, first boss is a literal cakewalk - literally the same as Dragov but easier since they don't have the killer nailguns. People just dropped the shield adds and then nuked the boss while one got to his back and destryoed the backpack weakpoint.

Second boss was a clusterfuck XD didn't even see if they did it in the end (i suppose yes obviously) but there are so many things to do - only 3 people actually engage the boss, the rest is outside doing various stuff.

Cannot wait to try it, it looks really good.

Dragov is the easiest fight with Negotiators Dilemma. Blind fire from behind cover. It's a joke even on heroic.

Everything with more that one target is easy with ND 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Everything with more that one target is easy with ND 8-)
    True. But with tje dragov mechanic, his bodyguards share his damage. So it sets up this qeird harmonic where you're multiplying damage to all the marks, then also sharing it back to the bodyguards.

It still takes an asston of rounds. But it's definitely one of the easier boss fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, did they beat the raid yet? I was listening to a pre-recorded Gameydaddy vid at work, and he was talking about how much the teams were struggling.

I did not. Watched some rando streamer on my 2nd screen while I was transmog farming in WoW. Got a bit repetitive after the so-many wipe on the fire Captain boss that I turned it off again. That was all I saw of the raid tbh.

I also never saw/done the first raid tbh.

Btw, did they beat the raid yet? I was listening to a pre-recorded Gameydaddy vid at work, and he was talking about how much the teams were struggling.
    Yes, raid has been completed. But apparently it came out that some sort of very detailed documentation leaked and the winning team used it to get an advantage. I didn't really followed it, but some clanmates managed to get their hands on the doc and while it's very generic for the most part, there's some very detailed explanation about certain mechanics that can make it much much easier, especially in figuring out how to actually beat the boss.

Yes, raid has been completed. But apparently it came out that some sort of very detailed documentation leaked and the winning team used it to get an advantage. I didn't really followed it, but some clanmates managed to get their hands on the doc and while it's very generic for the most part, there's some very detailed explanation about certain mechanics that can make it much much easier, especially in figuring out how to actually beat the boss.
    This is my shocked face: |-_-|

Out of curiosity, have the revealed how this documentation got leaked? Or why it even existed in the first place?

I was just wondering since Directive comes with yellow mods slots if i could make some use of them or i would just reroll them. Though honestly it's just two rolls that i cannot put anything really good into (even crit kinda sucks because it would be only a 10-12% and dots/skills don't crit).
    I went 3 pieces directive + pestilence BTSU gloves hive and providence head so basically a bleed spec. Went full status effects everywhere but I didn't feel the damage rolling like when I play 4 negotiator + 2 LMG bonus set with pestilence again.

Not sure if Im doing it wrong there would like some opinions.
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.

Hahahah! Looks like the drama llama is running full speed on the official forums about the raid leaks.

I guess the train raid was a train wreck. Hur hur!

(i can't believe I made that joke.....)

I've been seeing something about that. Someone glitched into the raid on the PTS or on live and got some early practice or something?

Don't much care personally, but I'm surprised to see that there's really any kind of significant "racing" for endgame content >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've been seeing something about that. Someone glitched into the raid on the PTS or on live and got some early practice or something?

Don't much care personally, but I'm surprised to see that there's really any kind of significant "racing" for endgame content >.>
    It wasn't just that. If that's all it was then it wouldn't be an issue. The glitched access was only the first room, and the player got melted fast by raid enemies. The first boss was also a bit of a joke anyway.

But it was that plus the leaked guide, detailing strategies, that one raid team used. Marcostyle admitted to using the DPS hack back in the day and getting away with it. Then there was the bug with season 2 premium track that gave people all the rewards. And delta disconnects during the raid itself.

The entire raid and everything surrounding it is a three ring circus.

Does anyone really care tho?

I mean, I'm sure Massive cares and I just assume they want a 'Destiny 2 style' world first race with thousands of viewers (=publicity) and make a big thing out of it, but lets be honest here that Div2 isn't in the same ballpark as Destiny :P

I wouldn't be surprised if the leak was intentional so that the 'race' wouldn't drag out over so many days due to unclear puzzles or mechanics. Or people doing the wrong thing and start complaining that the game doesn't function (since we all know how badly Massive wants people to play the game the way they want you to play it - like the discussion of a few weeks ago where they said "Legendary isn't hard, you're just doing it wrong". I can partly get behind that but instead of streamlining it for a broader audience they just say git gud).