Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Played it offline without other players, didnt research any loot location and anything so for me it was atmospheric exploration with high stakes.

Using clothes to warm yourself, standing near a fire, scavenging in hostile enviroment. That mode alone hat more thoughts put into it that the entire warlords of new york and skyscraper combined...
    Which is all true....the first 2-3 times you do it. But then you start to realize that everything is always in the same spot, and it loses all sense of "survival". That was the fatal flaw with it.

And all they had to do was to randomize locations of loot boxes. That's it. How hard would that have been? But no. Lazy devs are still lazy, even back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, played quite a bunch of Summit last night. And i must say it's totally crap.

REALLY. It's the same as Legendary missions - once you reach level 81, go Turret or die. It's completely stupid and nonsensical. Enemies HP looks fine, they go down pretty fast, but they're basically a bazillion, multiple healers/techs with their stupid healing crates, they're all the white BT that are basically cheesing everything they have to kill you. Everything oneshots or two shots you.

So you just go with multiple EMPs to negate most of their tools, one healer and turrets/drones that do the job for you while you turtle back - exactly like Legendary missions that are utter crap.

Solo is next to impossible. Objectives that spawn directly near the spawn points, so you interact with a pc and enemies spawn directly behind you and decimate you. It's a complete and utter drag. I AM GONNA DO IT because i want the stuff inside but once done, i'm just avoid it.

Too bad, since the actual game mode is not terrible. It's varied enough and it's a breath of fresh air.

EDIT: the random directives are also kinda shit. But you can just die until you find a good combo (usually map/no regen/ammo hoarder or special ammo) and it's still playable.
    Is there really a point to suffer only for digital rewards?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Which is all true....the first 2-3 times you do it. But then you start to realize that everything is always in the same spot, and it loses all sense of "survival". That was the fatal flaw with it.

And all they had to do was to randomize locations of loot boxes. That's it. How hard would that have been? But no. Lazy devs are still lazy, even back then.
    The location is randomized and you can run really far off at the beginning.

The location is randomized and you can run really far off at the beginning.
    Yes, but the map itself doesn't ever change. And once you know the locations of things, it's REALLY easy to just sprint to the closest. That's why survival is just a race, and not actually survival.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, played quite a bunch of Summit last night. And i must say it's totally crap.
    I gave it some more time and got up to level 61.

The loot and exp are really bad. Just not enough of it to make it worthwhile. Farming open world events is far better.

I'm really struggling to find a reason to do the place at all.

Is there really a point to suffer only for digital rewards?
    I wouldn't call it suffering if the reward is objectively good. The way to get it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but the map itself doesn't ever change. And once you know the locations of things, it's REALLY easy to just sprint to the closest. That's why survival is just a race, and not actually survival.

- - - Updated - - -

I gave it some more time and got up to level 61.

The loot and exp are really bad. Just not enough of it to make it worthwhile. Farming open world events is far better.

I'm really struggling to find a reason to do the place at all.
    As said, the exotic chest. Then forget.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

I see it did the right thing holding back on re-installing

As said, the exotic chest. Then forget.
    Is the exotic chest even worth slogging through 100 floors though? There's only a 20% chance of it dropping on each section, which is some stupid RNG bullshit.

I don't know. Bleeding enemies that are close could be good if combined with the new shotgun/smg set and a piece of regen gear maybe. I suppose 4pc ongoing directive with the backpack to increase bleed damage by 100% plus one piece Belstone Armory or something.

Not really worth the grind, IMO. Maybe if directives become optional one day. But I'm sick of low RNG drops for exotics in super-hard content.

-snip-
    It's a project though. Not a random drop. You need to clear bosses, then do some other stuff (donation and kill some hunters) and then you get it in an exotic crate.

It's a pretty strong exotic. As for the build, directive is just suboptimal - it works best with big magazine weapons like LMG. You get 2 pieces of the new set for 15% shotgun dmg, 1 badger, eclipse backpack for free 30% amplify, the rest is free, you can go full badger for defense or offensive or a mix. Weapon is the Mop for the sweet 10% armor on kill and roll Sadist on it. I'm going Gunner for another 10% armor on kill, and Forge for 50% shield hp since i'm gonna use the crusader.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-09-25 at 10:35 AM.

It's a project though. Not a random drop. You need to clear bosses, then do some other stuff (donation and kill some hunters) and then you get it in an exotic crate.

It's a pretty strong exotic. As for the build, directive is just suboptimal - it works best with big magazine weapons like LMG. You get 2 pieces of the new set for 15% shotgun dmg, 1 badger, eclipse backpack for free 30% amplify, the rest is free, you can go full badger for defense or offensive or a mix. Weapon is the Mop for the sweet 10% armor on kill and roll Sadist on it. I'm going Gunner for another 10% armor on kill, and Forge for 50% shield hp since i'm gonna use the crusader.
    Yeah, and that project requires clearing floor 100 of summit if I'm not mistaken.

But it does open up some pretty strong build options. Personally I like mid to long-range combat. Close combat SMG/Shotty does redonkulous damage, but is too risky too often.

Yeah, and that project requires clearing floor 100 of summit if I'm not mistaken.

But it does open up some pretty strong build options. Personally I like mid to long-range combat. Close combat SMG/Shotty does redonkulous damage, but is too risky too often.
    Yeah, but i can just go there 1 time, get the things i need and bolt away. I think i'm gonna pass of summit for now, do the manhunt/league and farm for a full tech drone/turret build, so i can cheese it. Hell, i could spamfarm season levels to get memento and do the shield/tank/dps build which is just a cheat code.

Yeah, but i can just go there 1 time
    You hope you can go there 1 time. The drop rate is 20% last I checked. Probably will be fixed in a later patch/fix. :/

On another note, since the upper floors of Summit count as legendary, you have a chance to drop the Big Horn as well. So that's a plus I guess.

You hope you can go there 1 time. The drop rate is 20% last I checked. Probably will be fixed in a later patch/fix. :/

On another note, since the upper floors of Summit count as legendary, you have a chance to drop the Big Horn as well. So that's a plus I guess.
    Everything I've read is it's 20%, the only upside being that you can hit multiple chests in a single set of 10 floors so there's a decent chance you'll get one (I found 2 when I played through floor 7, but no drop >.<)

I tried Summit a couple days ago and got to level 83. I don't think it is dynamic or rewarding enough to farm after completion, unless you're after the target loot. I'm not a fan of having to farm lower difficulties for the exotic pieces. I'm gonna farm levels 81-91 for the legendary exotic component and then hit the summit once and never return to Kenly Tower.

Here's how The Summit works AFAIK:
    • Everyone can immediately go to level 51. The group leader can pick whatever level they have unlocked. I'm not sure if you are taken to a level you haven't unlocked, you immediately unlock the level-access for yourself.
    • Every three levels (ending in 3, 6, or 9) have a large SHD-cache chest at the end that is opened with a yellow-beam access key, that is found in the current and previous 2 levels. The chest has a 20% to drop the exotic chest component for that difficulty. I'm not sure if the chests have daily respawn timers.
    • The 10th level is a named boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    Kenly Tower.
    That the new mode seems to have been dubbed this by the community at large (based on what I've seen in reddit and elsewhere) speaks volumes about how it's been received overall : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That the new mode seems to have been dubbed this by the community at large (based on what I've seen in reddit and elsewhere) speaks volumes about how it's been received overall : /
    I made this suggestion over on the official forums:

The entire length of Summit should be a survival style game mode. You enter with only grey gear and a pistol. As you ascend you'll collect gear similar to survival in Division 1: From drops, chests, whatever. The higher you go, the more difficult enemies get, but the better loot drops. Every 10 floors you reach a balcony that's an outdoor event. You have the option to start an extraction event(ala DZ extraction flare) to take 1-2 items you collected and keep them permanently, but the extraction also summons a named boss or rogues or something.

If successful you get your items and can quit, or you can continue to ascend.

There's some tweaking that could be done. Like starting on higher floors with a set loadout or something. Or maybe just letting players choose to start on a higher floor. I think there should probably be more triggered events that players could start as a risk vs reward challenge to get better gear, or to gear up faster maybe.

Either way I think it would be more interesting than what we have now, which is basically pointless outside of the exotic farm.

EDIT: Oh, and a solo only challenge. None of this bullshit being jumped ahead by the group leader, or carried by overgeared players.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-09-25 at 11:26 PM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision..._core_5_skill/

Not gonna lie, this looks kinda fun and rad! 6 red core pistol build with the new +1 Skill Tier pistol, Technician and Future Perfect on the pistol for a +5 Skill Tier to juice the HP/regen on shield. Wondering if something like this with the new backpack instead of Coyote would be viable as it would push you to +6 Skill Tier with full FP stacks and default the shield to +4 with the Skill/Armor cores on the backpack. The long buff (5m) shouldn't be too hard to get to 30 stacks, which is a free 30% weapon damage, 30% skill efficiency (so 30% to all skill dmg/haste/duration/health and maybe repair skill, status effects won't mean shit) and 3% armor regen per second.

Only real downside I can see...carpel tunnel -_-

If Summit would become Survival style I prolly will never play it. I didnt like div1 Survival one bit. I finished like 3 runs and never went back. Underground on the other hand, I pretty muched lived in the Underground during the end of Div1.

I like character progression. I want to play with stuff I gathered or earned. The whole idea of starting a gamemode with nothing and gather stuff along the way never appealed to me in the slightest. That goes for any game tho, not just Division.

I made this suggestion over on the official forums:

The entire length of Summit should be a survival style game mode. You enter with only grey gear and a pistol. As you ascend you'll collect gear similar to survival in Division 1: From drops, chests, whatever. The higher you go, the more difficult enemies get, but the better loot drops. Every 10 floors you reach a balcony that's an outdoor event. You have the option to start an extraction event(ala DZ extraction flare) to take 1-2 items you collected and keep them permanently, but the extraction also summons a named boss or rogues or something.

If successful you get your items and can quit, or you can continue to ascend.

There's some tweaking that could be done. Like starting on higher floors with a set loadout or something. Or maybe just letting players choose to start on a higher floor. I think there should probably be more triggered events that players could start as a risk vs reward challenge to get better gear, or to gear up faster maybe.

Either way I think it would be more interesting than what we have now, which is basically pointless outside of the exotic farm.

EDIT: Oh, and a solo only challenge. None of this bullshit being jumped ahead by the group leader, or carried by overgeared players.
    That's a cool idea. Building on that, I think they should make summit-specific-gear stats all moddable, including talents. When you start in the lobby, you buy your gear with the set bonuses you want and make a loadout. Enemies only drop stat mods, that when are installed, destroy the current mod. Every 10 levels you can choose to quit and extract a gear piece, or ascend and try to get better stat mods. Survival-style gameplay, replayability, and guaranteed useful loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision..._core_5_skill/

Not gonna lie, this looks kinda fun and rad! 6 red core pistol build with the new +1 Skill Tier pistol, Technician and Future Perfect on the pistol for a +5 Skill Tier to juice the HP/regen on shield. Wondering if something like this with the new backpack instead of Coyote would be viable as it would push you to +6 Skill Tier with full FP stacks and default the shield to +4 with the Skill/Armor cores on the backpack. The long buff (5m) shouldn't be too hard to get to 30 stacks, which is a free 30% weapon damage, 30% skill efficiency (so 30% to all skill dmg/haste/duration/health and maybe repair skill, status effects won't mean shit) and 3% armor regen per second.

Only real downside I can see...carpel tunnel -_-
    I've always avoided Future perfect for shields, because AFAIK the new skill tiers gained from kills don't apply unless you drop the shield and turn it back on again. If you keep the shield up, it will use its original values.

But yeah, a skill build using technician, the new pistol for a skill tier, and the new exotic backpack could end up being a very sturdy skill build. I would actually dispense with the shield and rely on cover, freeing up that second skill slot for more offense. But a dedicated bulwark build could be extremely tough with that new exotic.

So, I kinda dig The Summit, I mean it was massively overhyped and it certainly doesn't live up to its hype, but I find it rather enjoyable.

It would of course be much better if:

1. they increase the pool of floors, I have no idea if it is just because the pool of floors is so small or if it is bugged, but I encountered the same floor two or three times from floor 1-10, it was even so much a copy that the chests in the locked rooms ( Besides the big one that requires a summit key ) were unlootable.

2. They fix the invisible falls present on some floors, its pretty jarring trying to navigate a room to suddenly not be able to circumnavigate an obstacle because an invisible wall is blocking your path.

3. make the hacking circles bigger, it is a pain in the ass to try and find cover within a tiny ass circle when you are being swarmed by dudes from all sides.

so looks like tanker was hotfixed. thank goodness.

summit is..... honestly, at least survival had a much larger map and varying weather conditions to deal with, Summit just feels claustrophobic and dull. it is soooo much worse then Kenly college IMO.