Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's a project though. Not a random drop. You need to clear bosses, then do some other stuff (donation and kill some hunters) and then you get it in an exotic crate.

It's a pretty strong exotic. As for the build, directive is just suboptimal - it works best with big magazine weapons like LMG. You get 2 pieces of the new set for 15% shotgun dmg, 1 badger, eclipse backpack for free 30% amplify, the rest is free, you can go full badger for defense or offensive or a mix. Weapon is the Mop for the sweet 10% armor on kill and roll Sadist on it. I'm going Gunner for another 10% armor on kill, and Forge for 50% shield hp since i'm gonna use the crusader.
    Yeah, and that project requires clearing floor 100 of summit if I'm not mistaken.

But it does open up some pretty strong build options. Personally I like mid to long-range combat. Close combat SMG/Shotty does redonkulous damage, but is too risky too often.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yeah, and that project requires clearing floor 100 of summit if I'm not mistaken.

But it does open up some pretty strong build options. Personally I like mid to long-range combat. Close combat SMG/Shotty does redonkulous damage, but is too risky too often.
    Yeah, but i can just go there 1 time, get the things i need and bolt away. I think i'm gonna pass of summit for now, do the manhunt/league and farm for a full tech drone/turret build, so i can cheese it. Hell, i could spamfarm season levels to get memento and do the shield/tank/dps build which is just a cheat code.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Yeah, but i can just go there 1 time
    You hope you can go there 1 time. The drop rate is 20% last I checked. Probably will be fixed in a later patch/fix. :/

On another note, since the upper floors of Summit count as legendary, you have a chance to drop the Big Horn as well. So that's a plus I guess.

You hope you can go there 1 time. The drop rate is 20% last I checked. Probably will be fixed in a later patch/fix. :/

On another note, since the upper floors of Summit count as legendary, you have a chance to drop the Big Horn as well. So that's a plus I guess.
    Everything I've read is it's 20%, the only upside being that you can hit multiple chests in a single set of 10 floors so there's a decent chance you'll get one (I found 2 when I played through floor 7, but no drop >.<)

I tried Summit a couple days ago and got to level 83. I don't think it is dynamic or rewarding enough to farm after completion, unless you're after the target loot. I'm not a fan of having to farm lower difficulties for the exotic pieces. I'm gonna farm levels 81-91 for the legendary exotic component and then hit the summit once and never return to Kenly Tower.

Here's how The Summit works AFAIK:
    • Everyone can immediately go to level 51. The group leader can pick whatever level they have unlocked. I'm not sure if you are taken to a level you haven't unlocked, you immediately unlock the level-access for yourself.
    • Every three levels (ending in 3, 6, or 9) have a large SHD-cache chest at the end that is opened with a yellow-beam access key, that is found in the current and previous 2 levels. The chest has a 20% to drop the exotic chest component for that difficulty. I'm not sure if the chests have daily respawn timers.
    • The 10th level is a named boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    Kenly Tower.
    That the new mode seems to have been dubbed this by the community at large (based on what I've seen in reddit and elsewhere) speaks volumes about how it's been received overall : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That the new mode seems to have been dubbed this by the community at large (based on what I've seen in reddit and elsewhere) speaks volumes about how it's been received overall : /
    I made this suggestion over on the official forums:

The entire length of Summit should be a survival style game mode. You enter with only grey gear and a pistol. As you ascend you'll collect gear similar to survival in Division 1: From drops, chests, whatever. The higher you go, the more difficult enemies get, but the better loot drops. Every 10 floors you reach a balcony that's an outdoor event. You have the option to start an extraction event(ala DZ extraction flare) to take 1-2 items you collected and keep them permanently, but the extraction also summons a named boss or rogues or something.

If successful you get your items and can quit, or you can continue to ascend.

There's some tweaking that could be done. Like starting on higher floors with a set loadout or something. Or maybe just letting players choose to start on a higher floor. I think there should probably be more triggered events that players could start as a risk vs reward challenge to get better gear, or to gear up faster maybe.

Either way I think it would be more interesting than what we have now, which is basically pointless outside of the exotic farm.

EDIT: Oh, and a solo only challenge. None of this bullshit being jumped ahead by the group leader, or carried by overgeared players.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-09-25 at 11:26 PM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision..._core_5_skill/

Not gonna lie, this looks kinda fun and rad! 6 red core pistol build with the new +1 Skill Tier pistol, Technician and Future Perfect on the pistol for a +5 Skill Tier to juice the HP/regen on shield. Wondering if something like this with the new backpack instead of Coyote would be viable as it would push you to +6 Skill Tier with full FP stacks and default the shield to +4 with the Skill/Armor cores on the backpack. The long buff (5m) shouldn't be too hard to get to 30 stacks, which is a free 30% weapon damage, 30% skill efficiency (so 30% to all skill dmg/haste/duration/health and maybe repair skill, status effects won't mean shit) and 3% armor regen per second.

Only real downside I can see...carpel tunnel -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    If Summit would become Survival style I prolly will never play it. I didnt like div1 Survival one bit. I finished like 3 runs and never went back. Underground on the other hand, I pretty muched lived in the Underground during the end of Div1.

I like character progression. I want to play with stuff I gathered or earned. The whole idea of starting a gamemode with nothing and gather stuff along the way never appealed to me in the slightest. That goes for any game tho, not just Division.

I made this suggestion over on the official forums:

The entire length of Summit should be a survival style game mode. You enter with only grey gear and a pistol. As you ascend you'll collect gear similar to survival in Division 1: From drops, chests, whatever. The higher you go, the more difficult enemies get, but the better loot drops. Every 10 floors you reach a balcony that's an outdoor event. You have the option to start an extraction event(ala DZ extraction flare) to take 1-2 items you collected and keep them permanently, but the extraction also summons a named boss or rogues or something.

If successful you get your items and can quit, or you can continue to ascend.

There's some tweaking that could be done. Like starting on higher floors with a set loadout or something. Or maybe just letting players choose to start on a higher floor. I think there should probably be more triggered events that players could start as a risk vs reward challenge to get better gear, or to gear up faster maybe.

Either way I think it would be more interesting than what we have now, which is basically pointless outside of the exotic farm.

EDIT: Oh, and a solo only challenge. None of this bullshit being jumped ahead by the group leader, or carried by overgeared players.
    That's a cool idea. Building on that, I think they should make summit-specific-gear stats all moddable, including talents. When you start in the lobby, you buy your gear with the set bonuses you want and make a loadout. Enemies only drop stat mods, that when are installed, destroy the current mod. Every 10 levels you can choose to quit and extract a gear piece, or ascend and try to get better stat mods. Survival-style gameplay, replayability, and guaranteed useful loot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision..._core_5_skill/

Not gonna lie, this looks kinda fun and rad! 6 red core pistol build with the new +1 Skill Tier pistol, Technician and Future Perfect on the pistol for a +5 Skill Tier to juice the HP/regen on shield. Wondering if something like this with the new backpack instead of Coyote would be viable as it would push you to +6 Skill Tier with full FP stacks and default the shield to +4 with the Skill/Armor cores on the backpack. The long buff (5m) shouldn't be too hard to get to 30 stacks, which is a free 30% weapon damage, 30% skill efficiency (so 30% to all skill dmg/haste/duration/health and maybe repair skill, status effects won't mean shit) and 3% armor regen per second.

Only real downside I can see...carpel tunnel -_-
    I've always avoided Future perfect for shields, because AFAIK the new skill tiers gained from kills don't apply unless you drop the shield and turn it back on again. If you keep the shield up, it will use its original values.

But yeah, a skill build using technician, the new pistol for a skill tier, and the new exotic backpack could end up being a very sturdy skill build. I would actually dispense with the shield and rely on cover, freeing up that second skill slot for more offense. But a dedicated bulwark build could be extremely tough with that new exotic.

So, I kinda dig The Summit, I mean it was massively overhyped and it certainly doesn't live up to its hype, but I find it rather enjoyable.

It would of course be much better if:

1. they increase the pool of floors, I have no idea if it is just because the pool of floors is so small or if it is bugged, but I encountered the same floor two or three times from floor 1-10, it was even so much a copy that the chests in the locked rooms ( Besides the big one that requires a summit key ) were unlootable.

2. They fix the invisible falls present on some floors, its pretty jarring trying to navigate a room to suddenly not be able to circumnavigate an obstacle because an invisible wall is blocking your path.

3. make the hacking circles bigger, it is a pain in the ass to try and find cover within a tiny ass circle when you are being swarmed by dudes from all sides.

so looks like tanker was hotfixed. thank goodness.

summit is..... honestly, at least survival had a much larger map and varying weather conditions to deal with, Summit just feels claustrophobic and dull. it is soooo much worse then Kenly college IMO.

I went back and did a pistol run of 1-30 in Summit. And I think I'm starting to see where this game mode fits in the grand scheme of things:

Basically for all the people who hate the open world because it's too chaotics. All the people who complain about enemies spawning behind them, or on top of them can just go run the summit and get a hybrid between a mission and the open world that's a much more controlled environment.

The main thing that concerns me is the lack of loot and experience. Outside of a lucky rogue encounter or the boss every 10 levels, the loot is pretty scarce. And the exp is virtually non-existent, even with directives turned on.

Oh, and speaking of directives:

The skill thing is ass. Absolutely awful. No skill build wants to be running around the battlefield during combat trying to grab things. It turns every skill build into "You get one use of your skill per fight". This is especially punishing for anyone who uses the revive hive, since it takes around 3 full fights(35-ish pickups) to restart the hive. And shield builds are just useless. You drop your shield for ANY reason....like...I don't know...climbing up terrain or any parkour, and you're screwed. Hope you didn't need that shield at the beginning of the next fight, because that's the only place you're getting more cooldown tokens to pick up.

And the armor directive? That's just the devs being spiteful.

I don't know what's wrong with that dev team. They're just...the worst. Anthem level bad. I really don't understand how they're still employed. I'm not being mean or anything. But really. This level of incompetence and failure in any other field(except maybe the government) and they'd have been axed months ago. I just don't get it.

Without quoting everyone.

- the 6 red +everything skill is painfully powerful. I expect a nerf. Memento is absolutely op.

- tried a build with the new set, a random Badger and a Belston ans im shredding heroic everything.

- new directives are shit. But if you play a full red build it's always the same as before, you can ignore at least 3 of them.

- summit is meh, way too low xp rewards and i'm gonna do it for testing builds. some shit like shd cache at 80+ levels is just impossible solo, but the shotgun build really helps a lot (you cannuse lady death aswell)

- 40% armor on kill is bogus and i love it.

Without quoting everyone.

- the 6 red +everything skill is painfully powerful. I expect a nerf. Memento is absolutely op.

- tried a build with the new set, a random Badger and a Belston ans im shredding heroic everything.

- new directives are shit. But if you play a full red build it's always the same as before, you can ignore at least 3 of them.

- summit is meh, way too low xp rewards and i'm gonna do it for testing builds. some shit like shd cache at 80+ levels is just impossible solo, but the shotgun build really helps a lot (you cannuse lady death aswell)

- 40% armor on kill is bogus and i love it.
    Would love to see your completed build once you've fine tuned it.

Are you going shotty?

On a plus note, I got an almost god rolled version of the new pistol class. 14.5% weapon damage and max crit dmg. Perfect for any of my pistol builds since I despise the kick on the Liberty.

Finally logged back in to try Summit on heroic for 51-60 and...it's about the same as 1-10 was. Kinda boring overall, poorly paced, and underwhelming, but at least there was a bit of challenge since it wasn't normal mode.

I guess I should keep playing that character to for the apparel event and manhunt and stuff but like...man I'm bummed at how little fun I'm having in Summit. At least I got my heroic craft piece for the exotic chest so that's something.

Haven't tried any of the new gear yet, but so far the best part of the update is the mod changes - both neutral gear mods and the addition of appearance mods. Oh well, once I finish the apparel event I'll swap over to my new alt and keep on leveling to unlock more appearances. I love collecting things.

Would love to see your completed build once you've fine tuned it.

Are you going shotty?

On a plus note, I got an almost god rolled version of the new pistol class. 14.5% weapon damage and max crit dmg. Perfect for any of my pistol builds since I despise the kick on the Liberty.
    Yeah, going shotgun. Lucked out on a crate and got both a godrolled Mop and a pretty nice named skill tier pistol. I like the shotgun playstyle, the new set is really good since the confusion on kill helps a lot mitigating incoming dmg. Still, gonna farm that exotic chest because it looks pretty nice - but you have to spread those bleeds or it's shit. It can work with any weapon (because neutral armor regen + eclipse) but i think mid to long range ones are just better to spread the damage around. Could be just better for a Directive build instead of Vile.

What i don't like about Summit so far that i got more grasp on the game: balance is all over the place and it's just though to play in party. Some objectives are just completely painful in solo, Legendary is the ususal "let's cheese more than the NPCs". Clanmates did the 100 already, i plan to do it after i got all the floor pieces (cause if you don't have them, doing floor 100 doesn't unlock the chest project).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-09-28 at 07:40 AM.

Yeah, going shotgun. Lucked out on a crate and got both a godrolled Mop and a pretty nice named skill tier pistol. I like the shotgun playstyle, the new set is really good since the confusion on kill helps a lot mitigating incoming dmg.
    Seems like it would not be very good in the open world, where the second you start a fight, every NPC runs in a different direction. You'd have to catch spawns and get a kill REAL fast to prevent it. With the way even redbars are hitting these days, you wouldn't want to be caught in a crossfire between a couple of machine-gun guys.

At least I got my heroic craft piece for the exotic chest so that's something..
    after i got all the floor pieces (cause if you don't have them, doing floor 100 doesn't unlock the chest project).
    Good luck. I went 30 floors last night and only got a single piece. Didn't even see the chest on a couple floors. And you need 1 piece for each 10 floors or something stupid like that. As a solo player, I've resigned myself to never getting that exotic. Yet another in a long line of the devs basically flipped the bird at solo players.

I don't get the hate for that. I mean, it's always "Hey large groups and clans. Here is some super-awesome stuff we spent a lot of time and care on. Enjoy the challenge!" But when it comes to solo players(which I have to assume is how the lion's share of Division 2 players spend their time), the message is always: "Oh, yeah...here ya go guys. Have a free exotic that you can basically AFK your way to".

WTF more mage tower stuff in Solo/Multiplayer games. There's raids for groups, where's my challenging solo game mode? Uhg....

Seems like it would not be very good in the open world, where the second you start a fight, every NPC runs in a different direction. You'd have to catch spawns and get a kill REAL fast to prevent it. With the way even redbars are hitting these days, you wouldn't want to be caught in a crossfire between a couple of machine-gun guys.

Good luck. I went 30 floors last night and only got a single piece. Didn't even see the chest on a couple floors. And you need 1 piece for each 10 floors or something stupid like that. As a solo player, I've resigned myself to never getting that exotic. Yet another in a long line of the devs basically flipped the bird at solo players.
    Crusader Shield and correct positioning is king with my build. But i can guarantee you it's shredding heroic. You don't need the chain kills or anything, As soon you're in range the debuff on enemies is on and you just need to shoot. The stacks last 30 seconds iirc and it's plenty of time to keep them always maxed out. Every kill is like 40% armor back so you're a steamroller.

As for the pieces, there are only 5 of them. One for each difficulty set, you can just spam a finite set of floors to get it, and once done you don't need that anymore. Everything but the legendary one is soloable, for pretty much the same old reason of cheesing the game. The loot crates appear every 3 levels - in each set there's a yellow key spawning and you need that to open the crate. It's not terrible honestly, it's the legendary shit and random directive that just kills it.