Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Wait? there's character boosts now? The story was so boring I gave up before i even hit max. I already leveled through D1, D2 leveling just felt like playing a slightly better d1
    Yep, WONY expansion comes with one, I think, and you can buy them separately. I think they just take you to 30 so you still need to do WONY?

I agree on the story, but I like the map progression and unlocking things, and I still enjoy all the world building. The world narrative is way, way more interesting than the story narrative IMO>

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yep, WONY expansion comes with one, I think, and you can buy them separately. I think they just take you to 30 so you still need to do WONY?

I agree on the story, but I like the map progression and unlocking things, and I still enjoy all the world building. The world narrative is way, way more interesting than the story narrative IMO>
    Might give me a reason to pick up the expansion. I just hope the leveling you have to do in it is better than the the leveling in the base game.

Might give me a reason to pick up the expansion. I just hope the leveling you have to do in it is better than the the leveling in the base game.
    It's a bit similar, but with all the extra tools by having decent gear it's pretty good IMO. But I like the base game leveling too. It's shorter, at the very least.

But if you skip leveling, you do miss out on unlocking cosmetic unlocks (if you care about that and haven't unlocked them already).

It's a bit similar, but with all the extra tools by having decent gear it's pretty good IMO. But I like the base game leveling too. It's shorter, at the very least.

But if you skip leveling, you do miss out on unlocking cosmetic unlocks (if you care about that and haven't unlocked them already).
    Eh, I'm not a cosmetic type person usually (though the RE stuff is enticing), hell. I generally don't even transmog in wow unless it's to like the wendigo woolies lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision..._from_massive/

No big updates and nothing about what's coming beyond it, but 12.1 going live next week. Not big but -

RE Apparel Event
    PS5/XSX 4K/60fps update
    Optimization station changes

Apparently opti station requirements are being dropped by 75% which is HUGE. Glad I was just stockpiling materials while I played, between them and the next apparel even it shouldn't be super difficult to max out a bunch of stuff.

Just bummed that they haven't said anything about the games future since the new year, and it's not super encouraging. Like, will there even be manhunts after Faye? She's pretty big in terms of the narrative and all.

<--- looking forward to apparel event, TBH. and holy moly, that reduction in price will come in handy. I wish I haven't used up some of my mats already, but ah well - going to be much easier to finish optimizing some of my pieces now

Optimization cost reduced by 75%.

Not sure how I feel about that. But we'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait? there's character boosts now? The story was so boring I gave up before i even hit max. I already leveled through D1, D2 leveling just felt like playing a slightly better d1
    Owning WONY allows you to boost unlimited characters to 30.

Which isn't surprising. Everything in the game is centered around being up to date and playing the expansion version of the game. You still play the base game, you get whatever scraps you get.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

Optimization cost reduced by 75%.

Not sure how I feel about that. But we'll see.
    Someone posted a picture of what the reduced costs for a 1% increase on a weapon were recently and...it was still a bit pricey, but absolutely affordable and within the realm of "reasonable grinding".

It's a shame they aren't putting out a next-gen upgrade, suppose that means the chances of more Division 2 is pretty low. Guess we gotta hold out hope for a Division 3.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It's a shame they aren't putting out a next-gen upgrade, suppose that means the chances of more Division 2 is pretty low. Guess we gotta hold out hope for a Division 3.
    They are? The update next week has the 4K/60fps update for PS5/XSX. Not a native release, but it's updated for the new consoles.

They are? The update next week has the 4K/60fps update for PS5/XSX. Not a native release, but it's updated for the new consoles.
    It's a bare-bones update rather than a full next-gen optimization. It's better than nothing but it also would have been nice if they gave it a full upgrade like Destiny 2 got.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It's a bare-bones update rather than a full next-gen optimization. It's better than nothing but it also would have been nice if they gave it a full upgrade like Destiny 2 got.
    The only thing they did that Division 2 isn't doing is add in the option to play 2K/120fps in Crucible - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...formance-boost

Other than that it's the same 4K/60fps update on both platforms. It wasn't a "full upgrade" in any measure, just the upscale that we're commonly seeing.

Ok, so i'm decided to do the RE event, hopefully it doesn't take much time. Since it's been a while since i last played, any new build that looks cool and is good to use that i should farm for? Right now i logged in to my pistol/drone/deflector 6red/6yellow build and still does good apparently.

EDIT: could just run full red Ravenous and shred stuff easily if nothing works
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, so i'm decided to do the RE event, hopefully it doesn't take much time. Since it's been a while since i last played, any new build that looks cool and is good to use that i should farm for? Right now i logged in to my pistol/drone/deflector 6red/6yellow build and still does good apparently.

EDIT: could just run full red Ravenous and shred stuff easily if nothing works
    6 red, 6 yellow?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    6 red, 6 yellow?
    Yup. Memento, Kard with Future perfect. You can consistently keep up 6 tier solo. In group i usually swap to a Kard with In Sync since killshots are not always easy to get.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...1_patch_notes/

Patch notes!

50% reduction on material cost to create optimization station materials is solid as hell and unexpected, that should speed things up quite a bit.

With this update agents should be able to afford to optimize their weapons and gear about once an hour. Though it may take up to two hours to gather all the resources necessary to optimize the final tier of many items.
    Might be a bit too fast, but I'm here for this either way.

It's pretty much just the apparel event/opti station changes and some bugfixes. Nothing more. Still seems like they were planning something with zombies, possibly a horde mode, for the Kenly college event and bummed that the only "content" we've really seen since WONY has been what, Summit? And a single raid that's still a raid so it's gated off from a good chunk of the community that doesn't raid? Manhunts are alright, but they're hardly "content", even with the final missions making some tweaks to an existing mission.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...1_patch_notes/

Patch notes!

50% reduction on material cost to create optimization station materials is solid as hell and unexpected, that should speed things up quite a bit.

Might be a bit too fast, but I'm here for this either way.

It's pretty much just the apparel event/opti station changes and some bugfixes. Nothing more. Still seems like they were planning something with zombies, possibly a horde mode, for the Kenly college event and bummed that the only "content" we've really seen since WONY has been what, Summit? And a single raid that's still a raid so it's gated off from a good chunk of the community that doesn't raid? Manhunts are alright, but they're hardly "content", even with the final missions making some tweaks to an existing mission.
    Its... nice? I guess. Its something. Im not even lukewarm about it.

Sometimes im desperate to find a reason to come back but cant justifie that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Its... nice? I guess. Its something. Im not even lukewarm about it.

Sometimes im desperate to find a reason to come back but cant justifie that decision.
    It's a minor patch vs. a proper title update, so it being small is expected. The Opti changes are solid as hell no matter what.

I'm just hoping there's something coming around the bend. They apparently saw all the chatter after they decided not to do a State of the Game last week and posted something to the effect of, "We hear you. We know you're worried about the future. We have things planned, we just can't announce them yet. We know this isn't what you want to hear, but trust us."

Which is a nice token gesture and all, but I don't think put many folks concerns to rest : /

If nothing else, the RE apparel event that kicks off tomorrow should be good. I'll be jumping back in to collect that shit, at least.

It's a minor patch vs. a proper title update, so it being small is expected. The Opti changes are solid as hell no matter what.

I'm just hoping there's something coming around the bend. They apparently saw all the chatter after they decided not to do a State of the Game last week and posted something to the effect of, "We hear you. We know you're worried about the future. We have things planned, we just can't announce them yet. We know this isn't what you want to hear, but trust us."

Which is a nice token gesture and all, but I don't think put many folks concerns to rest : /

If nothing else, the RE apparel event that kicks off tomorrow should be good. I'll be jumping back in to collect that shit, at least.
    The thing is about opti station is that it is end game feature. So we can max our builds and make bis. But i dont have any incetivize to do end game stuff. Playing different games, the grindy ones made me realize that the Division 2 lack something about fun gameplay.

For example - in Destiny 2 i just love the gameplay. I dont mind grinding because if im having fun i dont recognize this as a grind. Same with RDO - which is like another level off grindy gameplay but the core gameplay is soooo gooood.

Meantime in Division 2 there is something off. The cover based shooting is great. The skills are fun to use. But i have the most fun leveling in that game where basically everything work. This is the contrast from endgame where not many things work. At least that was my experience.

Man, this was an incoherent rant

Naw I get you. I feel the same way, which is why I only really pop back for apparel events or to clear out a new manhunt. It's a nice return to the good moment to moment gameplay and I'll dump in a fair number of hours, but after I wrap it up there's nothing left for me to want to do (which granted is limited as I don't PvP/DZ/raid) and no real goals to keep pushing for.

Oh well, leaves me more time to waste in other games when I'm waiting for a new manhunt target/event so I guess I can't complain too much.